First, let's see if you are already setup in the system. Just type your last name and see if the system can find you.
We need you to answer this to make sure you are a person and not spam.
1. Performance Training Programs: Tuition is due on the day of, or prior to performance class placements
is to ensure security of the student’s placement in the appropriate performance group.
2. Non-performance Class Tuition: Tuition is due on or before the first day of your child’s dance classes.
(Please do not put SDA in a position of denying your child to participate in classes.)
3. Tuition/Show Packet Fees: Fees are not refundable or transferable.
As dance professionals and educators for 15 years, we know all too well how the life of a dancer can crowd your closets and storage spaces. Many parents have commented over the years saying things like... "My basement is full of costumes that my child grew out of as soon as she or he wore it." Or "Studios charge up to $100 per costume--costing about $900 for the 9 dance numbers that my child is in for the show. It's just too much" You spoke and we listened!
So, here's the breakdown...
· Performance registration $40
· 1 HD-DVD ($45 value)
SDA requires a DVD charge in order to protect your children from being filmed by strangers (safety first) and to assure that you have something to savor years from now. Tri C's policy prohibits filming in its auditorium and without this service you'd have only memories of this special time (We would not allow that to happen!).
· Costumes for ALL NUMBERS
The cost of costume has increased astronomically this year. A dance top or bottom purchased last year for $23+ shipping + cleaning cost a total of $28, this year the cost would be $46. And that's just for ONE COSTUME, imagine how the cost would soar for when you multiply that times several numbers or several children per family. To protect you from these cost increases, SDA is taking the following steps:
(a) Building a library of costumes, this will save you over $200 per year.
Eventually, SDA will be able to pull from its own stock!
(b) Purchasing new costumes off shore.
Prices are significantly lower off shore than in the U.S. With the anticipated increase in television commercials, and local & NY performances it is essential that we take steps to control cost by retaining costumes. These costumes are cleaned and carefully stored at the end of each performance.
Tracey and I pride ourselves on staying ahead of the curve and are committed to making changes that will benefit our SDA family over the long haul. Though retaining costumes is a new cost saving concept for you and the dance studio industry, we are excited about blazing the cost saving trail that other studios will soon follow. Thanks for all of your support and we can't wait to show off all of the children's hard work!
Jonathan and Tracey Webb
P.S.: Help Needed
Backstage Cleaning: We need parents to help cleanup backstage after the show is over. Tri- C charges for the backstage area if it is not cleaned before we leave. Some parents have already volunteered to assist children with costumes, etc. during the show, so they should not have to cleanup as well. Cleanup should only take 10min, if we have enough people.
Ushers Needed: To assure the show starts and ends on time, we also need dads to usher before the show starts and at intermission to assist elderly to seats and direct others to their seats, if needed. Then dads can sit in their seats and enjoy the show.
Signup: You can sign up for backstage cleaning and usher in the office during dress rehearsals. If you would like to help backstage, please join us at 3:30 on the days of the dress rehearsals, as this will be your rehearsal for backstage help!
(See online policies & FAQ’S for show packet estimates)
4. Tuition: Tuition will be paid annually or in 4 equal installments. Show packet fees are due February or March. We will notify everyone.
Note: Payment options are detailed below.
A. Tuition is due and charged on the first day the of your child’s weekly classes during the 6th week of
every 9 week semester. Shaker Dance Academy does not issue monthly statements—you are responsible for paying your monthly tuition on time.
b. To avoid a late fee, opt for easy automatic credit card payments.
6. Late Fees: A late fee of $20 will be charged to all payments not received by Friday of the 6th week at 6:30pm.
7. Class Makeup: If a student misses a class or classes for a valid reason, he/she may make up the class(s) in any available class at his/her level. There are no refunds for missed classes.
8. Tuition Payment Responsibility: Parents are responsible for all payments of tuition. Written Notice in advance must be given by Friday of the 5th week of the 1st 9 weeks ONLY for withdrawal to stop billing of tuition. After the 5th week of the 1st 9 week semester, parent agrees that he/she is committing to pay the tuition/show packet fee due until the year production in June.
(At this point instructors can choreograph performance pieces with your child in mind)
TUITION PAYMENT OPTIONS:
Tuition fees may be paid in one of the following ways:
Annually: If yearly tuition amount is paid in-full at the time of registration, payment may be in the form of cash, check, or credit card. A 5% tuition discount is given with this option at the time of registration.
4-Payments with Auto-pay Option: The yearly tuition amount is divided into 4 equal payments and charged automatically to your credit card (Amex/MasterCard or Visa) during the 6th week of each semester, beginning October and ending in June.
A late fee of $20 is charged on all payments received after the 1st day of a your child’s class during the 6th week of each semester. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Family Discounts: 2nd child=5% discount, 3rd & 4th child=10% discount (Order of greater or lesser value).
CREDIT CARD CHARGE AUTHORIZATION
I hereby authorize Shaker Dance Academy to charge my credit card on or after the Monday of the 6th week of each 9-week semester ($) from August through June 5. I understand that classes missed due
to absences may be made up, but that there are no refunds of tuition for missed classes. I understand that if my child or I choose to withdraw from classes prior to September 19, written notice is required on or before September 19 to stop tuition payments.
Your Name (print):______________________________Card Type (Amex/MasterCard/Visa)
Card Number: __________________________________ Expiration Date: ________________
I hereby give my consent for Shaker Dance Academy to use my child’s likeness in photography and video
to be used in its publications, including our website. I release them from any expectation of
confidentiality for the undersigned minor children and myself and attest that I am the parent or legal
guardian of the children listed below. I understand that there is no compensation for any use of the
photography or videos in these publications. I agree to allow SDA to cast my child for any upcoming
TV/Commercial/video/theater/ stage castings.
Parent/Adult Student Signature: _____________________________ Date: __________________
PARENT & STUDENT COMMITMENT CONTRACT
* I will be in class, with the proper attire (dress code and hair, no jewelry, only stud earrings accepted), warmed up, and focused before class begins. I will take sole responsibility for being on time to all classes, rehearsals and performances.
If a parent or guardian is rude or inappropriate to owners or any staﬀ member of Shaker Dance Academy, he/she will be removed from the studio--not to return--and still be liable for yearly tuition and fees. (See Below)
* I will be focused throughout class, apply corrections and follow directions.
* I will attend SDA dance performances, such as outside TV/Commercial/video/theater/ stage castings & performances and 1st, 2nd, 3rd company’s yearly NY trip and performance at Frederick Douglas Community Center (an SDA extension program to inspire inner city kids in the art of dance).
* I will not engage in loud or inappropriate behavior in the lobby or dressing rooms. I will help keep the dressing rooms and bathrooms clean and neat.
* I will be supportive of my peers and participate fully for the duration of each class. I will maintain a consistent respectful attitude toward my class, my peers, my instructor, Shaker Dance Academy Administrators, and the facility at all times.
* I am committing too Shaker Dance Academy's 10-month season and year-end performance.
* I will be liable for the yearly tuition, show-pack fees and all fees incurred, once I have signed this agreement. Even if I choose
not to continue participation in Shaker Dance Academy's training program, NO refunds will be given.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com