Although we take the utmost care with our students in class, there is always the chance of an accident. Therefore, I require all parents to sign a release statement. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the following, please feel free to speak to me.
I realize that there are certain dangers possible in the art of dancing. I agree to assume the risk of all injuries or damage that may arise from my child’s participation in the dance classes of Dance Expressions. I certify that my child is in proper physical condition to take part in dance classes.
In consideration of the above, I hereby release and hold harmless Laurene Aldorisio’s Academy of Dance Expressions, and their teachers/owner/staff from and against any liability or claim for any injury, misadventure, harm, loss, cost or damage sustained as a result of my child’s participation in Laurene Aldorisio’s Academy of Dance Expressions. I have read this release and understand its meaning.
* A $25.00 enrollment fee (per student) is due at registration.
* The first monthly tuition payment is due at registration. Tuition payments are due on the 1st of each month. A $15.00 late fee will be applied to accounts if tuition is not received by the 10th of the month. For each month tuition is not paid, an additional $15 will be applied to your account. If tuition is past due, the student will not be allowed to participate in class. If there is an outstanding balance before our performance, costumes will not be released to the student and he/she may not be allowed to participate in the recital.
* The full month tuition for both May and June will be due on May 1st.
* A $25.00 fee will be charged to your account for returned checks and insufficient funds in addition to any bank fees charged to Dance Expressions.
* Only one free trial class is allowed per student. A charge of $15.00 per 1 hour class and $18 per 1.5 hour class will be added to your account for each class attended outside of the dancer’s original schedule listed on your registration form. If the dancer does not feel challenged or the class is too difficult for the dancer, Miss Laurene will assess their ability and recommend whether a change is necessary. All dancers must stay in the original class for at least one month.
* No refunds, transfers or credits of payments will be deducted due to dropped or missed lessons.
* As of January 1st, if you choose to withdraw your dancer from the studio completely you will be obligated to pay full year’s tuition. In the event of an injury, a written note from a Physician is required by the Director stating the injury and recovery period. Tuition adjustments for injuries and/or extenuating circumstances will be at the discretion of the Director. All circumstances must be in written form.
* For any classes cancelled due to snow emergencies, power outages, heating issues or the like, students will have the opportunity to join a class as directed by Miss Laurene in any form of dance of their choice as a make-up class. Should a holiday and a snow day occur in the same month requiring two missed classes, students may also do a make-up. Make-up classes are only available until Feb. 1, 2018.
* All costume payments are non-refundable. Costumes will not be released to dancers until all unpaid balances are met in full by June 1st.
* All dancers are required to have the appropriate shoes and attire no later than October 1st. Dancers will not be allowed to participate in class with inappropriate shoes and attire.
* Students may appear on Dance Expressions Website, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Newspapers and other promotions. If you do not wish to have your student appear in any or all of the above, please contact the office.