2023 Terms & Conditions
Kingscliff Performing Arts
The Terms & Conditions must be understood and accepted prior to the student commencing classes by the parent/guardian of the student. If you have any queries, contact KPA Administration prior to agreeing to avoid any misunderstanding later in the year.
• All fees are fixed term prices; fees cannot be paid as the student attends classes (unless specified).
• The term fees must be paid in full, as per agreed payment schedule, regardless of student attendance. No discounts or credits are given for missed classes or for mid-term unenrolment.
• All students must be registered for Auto Pay (Auto pay registration must be completed upon enrolment, prior to students commencing classes).
• Your account will not be charged immediately upon sign up. It will be charged through Auto pay when your next tuition and costume payment is due.
• 50% of remaining balance becomes due on the Wednesday of week 2 of each term.
• The remainder of your balance becomes due on Wednesday of week 4 of each term (Monday for Term 4).
• Keeping this in mind, you may pay tuition in full or make instalments from the first day of classes each term using the ‘Pay Online’ section of the parent portal.
Please note: 50% of the remaining balance is still due on the Wednesday of Week 2 regardless of payments made prior to this date.
• Eisteddfod class costume fees become due on March 6th
• All other class costume fees become due on when Term 3 Tuition is due.
• Eisteddfod performance fees become due on when Term 2 Tuition is due.
• If you enrol later than these dates, your payments will be determined pending correspondence with KPA administration.
• You can make advance payments using the ‘Pay Online’ section of the parent portal.
• If your card expires or you get a new card, you can update it on the Parent Portal.
• There is a 1.75% + $0.30 fee per transaction for credit card transactions and a 1% + $0.30 fee per transaction for Direct Debit transactions. This includes Auto Payments. These are the fees charged by our merchant service provider.
• In the event of any incorrect chargeback, the applicable fees will be passed onto the account payer except when said charge back is the fault of KPA.
• KPA reserves the right to withhold a costume and exclude students from classes and performing in concerts until any overdue fees are paid in full or payment schedule is arranged.
Note: For Costume and Eisteddfod fees please see below.
2023 Fee Schedule
• 6 Feb – Term 1 tuition fees are applied to student accounts
• 15 Feb – Auto pay 50% of remaining balance on student accounts
• 1 Mar - Auto pay 100% of remaining balance on student accounts
• 6 Mar - Eisteddfod class costume fees are applied to student accounts
• 15 Mar - Auto pay 100% of remaining balance on student accounts
• 24 April - Term 2 tuition fees and Eisteddfod performance fees are applied to student accounts
• 3 May - Auto pay 50% of remaining balance on student accounts
• 17 May - Auto pay 100% of remaining balance on student accounts
• 17 July - Term 3 tuition fees and Costume fees (excluding eisteddfod) are applied to student accounts
• 26 July - Auto pay 50% of remaining balance on student accounts
• 9 Aug - Auto pay 100% of remaining balance on student accounts
• 9 Oct - Term 4 tuition fees are applied to student accounts
• 18 Oct - Auto pay 50% of remaining balance on student accounts
• 30 Oct - Auto pay 100% of remaining balance on student accounts
Withdrawing From & Adding Classes
• It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to inform KPA administration of any changes to enrolment (addition or withdrawal).
• Upon enrolment, you are securing a place in KPA classes for the year (2023). If you wish to change or discontinue with classes, the Parent/Guardian of the Student must inform KPA Administration via email for withdrawal from the upcoming term 2 weeks’ prior the commencement of the upcoming term (final week of current term).
• You must receive a response confirming this change; if no confirmation is received, deductions for the term will go ahead as planned. If notice is given too late, Auto Pay fees will continue for the upcoming term and cannot be cancelled until the following term. E.g. If notice is given mid-term 2, remainder of Term 2 fees will be deducted. Term 3 & 4 fees will be cancelled.
• KPA does not offer trial classes. We do however offer a one-week grace period where students can withdraw from a class before the commencement of their second class and incur no charges.
• Students are not able to participate in classes that they are not enrolled in. If a student attends a class they are not enrolled in, then the student will not be able to participate in that class. If for whatever reason a student attends a class they are not enrolled in, then the student will be charged the full-term class fees regardless of future attendance.
• A Costume Fee ranging from $85-$95 will be charged per class the student is enrolled in, excluding self-costuming classes (see ‘timetable with costume fees’ for costume fees per class.)
• The costume fee does not cover stockings/tights, underwear, make-up or footwear required for costumes. If any of the above items are required for a costume it is the responsibility of the student/parent to source the item themselves.
• Costume fees will be payable for all students enrolled at the commencement of Term 3. If you do not wish to participate in the concert and therefore not receive a costume, please inform us by Wednesday 7th of July at the very latest. Once this decision is made it is final.
• Eisteddfod classes are invitation only. It is compulsory for all eisteddfod students to take Ballet (boys optional) and two other dance classes a week.
• An annual Eisteddfod performance fee of $85 for all competitors is applied to student accounts at the commencement of Term 2. This fee covers competitors’ passes and Eisteddfod entry costs for the year.
Note: This fee does not include Eisteddfod costumes.
• Eisteddfod dates are as follows: please be aware some dates are subject to change:
Murwillumbah – TBA
Future Stars – TBA
Lismore – TBA
• Anything that affects the student, teacher, fee payment or administration of KPA must be communicated directly, via email or phone to KPA Administration. We cannot guarantee information communicated by any other means will be actioned.
• All KPA newsletters, notes and information will be sent out via email only. By enrolling you consent to KPA adding you to their mailing list which you may unsubscribe from at any time.
Active Kids and Creative Kids
• KPA is both an Active Kids and Creative Kids provider with the NSW Government. As such parents are can redeem their Creative kids vouchers and both their Active Kids vouchers with KPA.
• Only one Active Kids voucher can be redeemed per term for each student.
• It is a requirement that students reside in NSW to redeem vouchers. As such it is the responsibility of parents to keep all student information, including the student’s address, up to date on the parent portal.
Arrival & Pick Up
• KPA request that young children are taken to the toilet before their class commences to avoid disruption to the classes.
• Please be punctual in arrival and ensure your child arrives and is collected on time as KPA is not responsible for the safety of children outside their class times.
Dance Wear and Dress Codes
All students are to wear a Kingscliff Performing Arts uniform (KPA top & dance pants) available from Divine Dance
Tweed. Correct shoes must be worn for all classes.
• Black Jazz shoes for Jazz and Musical theatre classes.
• Hip Hop - sneakers
• Contemporary and Acrobatics can have bare feet.
• Ballet -Ballet Tights (Salmon pink), Ballet leotard, ballet shoes. Hair must be in a neat bun.
• Tap shoes (Black is preferrable) for tap classes (intro to dance tap shoes optional)
• Tinies’ have no specific uniform but will require pink ballet shoes for concert performance
• 'Introduction to Dance' classes have no specific uniform. Jazz, Tap & Ballet are covered in the class, it is encouraged for students to have some form of Tap shoes & Ballet or Jazz shoes
• Parents and/or friends are not permitted to watch any classes throughout the term. If parents and/or friends are watching classes they will be asked kindly to wait outside the studio (except Tinies classes). Parents and Guardians are welcome to watch classes on the last week of every term.
• KPA reserves the right to exclude students and parents whose behaviour is disruptive or abusive. This includes viewing parents who talk throughout the lesson. Mobile phones are to be switched off or silenced. KPA appreciates your co-operation in this.
• Parents, Guardians & Friends are prohibited from photographing and/or recording any class.
• By enrolling with KPA you consent that photographs and video taken of you (or your child), while on KPA premises or at KPA events can be used on KPA marketing materials, including but not limited to the website, business cards, brochures and posters.
• Dance is a physical activity and the teacher or teaching assistant may have to assist you or your child's understanding of an action, posture or position by physical contact e.g. Holding hands in a circle; lifting, correcting posture. By enrolling, you consent to employees, sub-contracted teachers and teaching assistants having contact with your child in this regard. Should your child hurt his/herself you consent to employees, sub-contractors and teaching assistants of KPA to attend to your child whilst KPA wait for the nominated guardian to take over or until medical assistance arrives.
• Your child's enrolment into a KPA class is voluntary and participation in the class and the activities involve possible risks of injury. You assume these risks for you or your child(ren).
• KPA reserves the right to exclude students due to misconduct as judged by teachers or KPA administration
• Student misconduct includes but is not limited to violence, verbal abuse, reckless and repeated disruptive behaviour, bullying, vandalism
• Students are held liable for all damages to property caused by student misconduct and the cost of repair/replacement is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
• A link to download the concert videos for both the senior and junior shows will be provided at no added cost. More information on downloading the concert will be provided in KPA newsletters towards the end of the year.
Private Dance Lessons & Singing Lessons
• KPA does offer private lessons however these lessons are to be organised and payment made directly between student and teacher.
• Private Lessons are not covered by any KPA Terms, Conditions and Waivers. Any terms of participation are to be agreed upon between Parents and teachers.
Privacy of Personal information
• All personal information collected by KPA is exclusively used for operations conducted by KPA and is not accessible to any party outside of KPA staff.
Working with Children Check
• All employees of KPA have a current NSW Working with children check.
• Any lost property found by KPA staff will be held by KPA administration for a period of no longer than 2 weeks after which unclaimed items will either be thrown out or given to goodwill. As such we strongly recommend labelling your child’s dance wear where possible.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com