NOTICE TO PARENT/GUARDIAN
Jessica Glikman trading as Purple Tutu Academy and The Princess Ballet Academy (“JPDA”) has taken care to develop and undertake its lessons to promote healthy activity in a fun and safe environment. However, like many physical activities, participation in our activities and programs carries the risk of injury and loss.
It is a condition to the Child’s participation in JPDA’s programs and activities that you, the undersigned Parent/Guardian of the Child, sign this document to acknowledge that:
1. you have read and understood its terms;
2. participation in the Activities may expose you and the Child to risk of harm; and
3. you accept full responsibility for exposing yourself and the Child to such risks.
PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND CONSENT
I, the undersigned Parent/Guardian of the Child, understand and accept that, in respect of my and my Child’s participation in the Activities, it is my responsibility:
1. to ensure that I consider and understand the risks, dangers, hazards and consequences of injury inherent in the Activities;
2. to determine, taking into consideration those risks and the Child’s behavioural characteristics, physical health and abilities, whether the Child should be permitted to participate in the Activities;
3. to ensure that JPDA is informed as soon as practical in respect to any condition which may affect my Child’s health or performance in any way;
4. to ensure that the Child is collected from the Activities at the time the Activities are scheduled for completion; and
5. to provide emergency medical information regarding me and the Child.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I am aware of and now freely accept and assume, for me and for the Child, responsibility for all risks to me or the Child in connection with the Activities.
I consent to the free use of my and my child’s pictures or video of me or my child in any internet and print media by JPDA unless I have withdrawn this consent in writing to JPDA.
In entering into this agreement I am not relying on any oral or written representations or statements made by JPDA with respect to the safety of the Activities other than what is set forth in this document.
WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
In return for JPDA permitting me and the Child to participate in the Activities:
1. I release JPDA and its contractors and employees (“Released Parties”) from liability for any claims, demands, damages, expenses, costs, actions or causes of action in respect to death, injury, loss or damage to my person, the Child or my property, however caused and including by negligence of any of the Released Parties, arising out of or directly or indirectly in connection with my participation in the Activities.
2. I agree to compensate the Released Parties for all losses, injuries, deaths, damages, claims, and expenses of any kind that any of the Released Parties may incur. I hereby agree that this Waiver, Release and Indemnity extends to all acts and omissions of the Released Parties. This Waiver, Release and Indemnity is binding upon myself, the Child and each our respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, assigns and anyone else capable of making a claim on my behalf or the Child’s behalf now or in the future.
JPDA is not liable for any loss or damage, however caused (including without limitation by our negligence) suffered or incurred by you in connection with this agreement. However, we do not exclude or limit liability for losses that are covered by an insurance policy, but only to the extent that they are so covered.
I have read and understand the contents and intent of this acknowledgement of risk, waiver, release and indemnity in its entirety and I agree that is binding on me.
Glikman Dance Academy trading as Purple Tutu Academy (PTA) will hereforth be referred to as “PTA”or “us’’.
These Terms and Conditions govern your use of this site as well as PTA products and services and form a binding contractual agreement between you and PTA. Please contact PTA at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns before purchasing our products or engaging in our services.
• Terms are usually 9-10 weeks in duration and we aim to follow as closely as possible to the NSW school year.
• Fees are charged by the term and an invoice is sent via email prior to each term’s commencement.
• Payment is to be made in full within 14 days of receiving the invoice.
• We accept payment in the form of: EFT or bank deposit.
• Once paid, fees are non-refundable. No refunds or discounts will be offered for missed lessons, for any reason.
• Term fees will be pro-rated when joining part way through a term.
• If your child is away you must still pay for the class you are enrolled in. We do not discount fees for students that go on holiday within the school term.
• In the event of major illness or injury with a certificate from the hospital or physiotherapist, we can credit Term 1, 2, or 3 fees for the time your child is unable to dance, and in Term 4 we can refund any weeks that your child is unable to dance.
CANCELLATION OR CHANGES
• Enrolments and charges will carry forward to the end of the year unless PTA is notified in writing.
• Cancellation requests must be in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a minimum of two weeks notification required.
• An administration fee of $25 per calendar month will be added to any overdue accounts.
• Students with overdue accounts will not be able to continue lessons into the new term or participate in any performances until the account is paid in full.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
• We currently don't offer trial classes however, we do have a 30 day money back guarantee. If after 30 days from the date of your first class you would like to discontinue, we will refund you.
• Our money back guarantee only applies to your first term with us. After your first term you are subject to the cancellation policy as stated above.
• You must notify PTA in writing before the 30 day expiration that you have decided to cancel your enrolment and would like your money back. If written notification is received after 30 days you will be subject to the cancellation policy as stated above.
• Any uniforms purchased within this 30 day timeframe are not included in the money back guarantee. Uniforms are non-refundable.
• All refunds are subject to a $20 administration fee.
• All refunds are at the discretion of Jessica Glikman and may be refused if there are no extraordinary circumstances surrounding them.
• PTA classes are cancelled on all public holidays.
• Occasionally due to unforeseen circumstances, we may need to cancel a regularly scheduled class. Notice will be given as far as possible however, lessons can be cancelled at short notice (for example, the morning of your lesson).
• Cancellation notifications are sent via email and SMS. It is your responsibility to ensure your contact details are up to date on our system.
• In the event of a cancellation, a make up class will be offered where possible within the school holidays. If a make-up class cannot be rescheduled a credit will be placed on the student’s account, which will be carried forward to the new term.
• PTA reserves the right to cancel a class if the minimum number of attendance is not met. If a class is removed from the schedule, PTA will refund the balance of your term fees.
• In the event that classes are cancelled due to government-imposed restrictions or lockdowns, an alternative online class will be provided where possible. If online classes are not provided a credit for Term 1, 2 and 3 will be provided. A refund will be provided in Term 4 for that individual cancelled class.
• If an online class is provided but you can either not attend the class or choose not to attend the class no compensation will be provided – ie. No credit or refund will be given.
• The safety of students is first and foremost and we reserve the right to refuse entry to any person who displays any symptoms of COVID-19.
ATTENDANCE AND CLASS ETIQUETTE
• Students are expected to attend classes regularly and punctually.
• Proper dance attire, the PTA uniform, appropriate dance shoes and neat hair are required in all classes.
• PTA is a “nut-free”zone. You agree not to bring or allow your child to bring any nuts in the venue.
• Parents and guardians are welcome and encouraged to watch our classes.
• As a courtesy to students participating in class you must agree to follow our code of conduct:
o Quietness while the class is in progress. Even whispered conversations can be distracting for young students. Interrupting the class will not be accepted and you will be asked to wait outside if you are considered disruptive.
o Family members are to sit at the BACK of the room.
o Mobile phones are to be switched to silent and are not to be answered inside the classroom. Please move outside if you wish to make or take a phone call.
• No credit or refund will be given for class(es) missed due to holidays, illness, weather, nor for any other reason.
• PTA will, however, offer make up classes for missed classes, subject to availability.
• Make up classes can only be booked in appropriate and equivalent classes to the ones that were missed and within the same term.
• Any student who wishes to make up classes must contact PTA first.
• All employees, contractors, sub-contractors or directors of PTA hold a verified Working with Children Certificate.
• PTA students are under full supervision only whilst in the dance studio.
• PTA is not liable in respect of students who have left the studio.
• Students may wait quietly inside the studio for collection.
• Please ensure all children are collected promptly.
PERSONAL INJURY AND LIABILITY
• Whilst all due care will be taken, by enrolling with PTA you agree to release Purple Tutu Academy and all employees of PTA from liability for any injuries to you or your child while attending classes at Purple Tutu Academy.
• Parents are responsible for notifying PTA of any medical condition, complaint or history suffered by the student which may prevent the student from engaging in physical activity and which may affect full participation in the class.
• All activity undertaken at PTA is undertaken at the student’s own risk. You accept and acknowledge that dance can involve inherent risk and some element of danger is assumed given its physical nature.
• PTA will aim to provide a safe learning environment to reduce risk of injury however, PTA accepts no responsibility or liability for personal injury arising from any activity undertaken at or on behalf of PTA.
• In the event your child has an injury or illness during class and a parent cannot be contacted, you authorise for the teacher/s to apply or arrange for First Aid and medical attention including that of calling an ambulance, provided the treatment is considered reasonably appropriate and/or necessary. Any costs associated with this treatment will be at your own expense.
• Physical contact between students and teachers may be necessary at times to correct alignment and technique as part of course instruction. You and your child acknowledges and consents to any reasonable physical contact that may be required or customary in dance lessons.
• PTA holds performances at the end of Term 2 and Term 4. Performances incur additional charges and information will be provided before a performance.
• Performances are not compulsory and students are welcome to attend our classes without participating in performances.
PHOTOS AND DIGITAL RECORDING
• By enrolling in PTA and participating in dance classes or performances, students may be photographed or filmed for publications, events, promotional, broadcasts, website and any other form of media including social media.
• By signing this you release and discharge PTA from any and all claims arising out of or in connection with the use of photographs or recordings including without limitation to claims for defamation, invasion of privacy and misappropriation of my right of publicity.
• Upon signing you hereby waive any claim you may have to inspect or approve any images, products or copy in connection with any of the material.
• If you do not wish for your child’s photos to be used publicly or for promotional purposes, please specify this in writing to PTA before term starts.
• Videoing/photography during class should be limited and is only allowed to be exclusively your own child. Any recording or photography is only for personal use and not for commercial sale. Any recording is not to be uploaded onto the Internet, social networks and/or video/photo sharing sites with prior permission from PTA and other family members in the class.
• All persons taking or publishing photographs of children are subject to both State and Federal laws regarding the taking and use of photographs of children. To find out more please visit http://www.aifs.gov.au/nch/pubs/sheets/rs18/rs18.pdf
• PTA is committed to protecting the information about you that we obtain, store and use when you provide it to us whether online or hard copy.
• We manage your information in accordance with the requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
• PTA will not disclose any personal details on this form to any third parties unless permission is given or required by law. All information will be kept strictly confidential.
REGISTERING YOUR DETAILS
• Before you purchase our products and/or services, you must register an account with us.
• You must provide accurate, complete, up to date registration information, as requested, and it is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your registration information to ensure this information is kept up to date.
• We may at any time request a form of identification to verify your identity.
• Any information you provide to us via the site or social medial features, at any time, becomes our property.
• Should a dispute arise between us, we strongly encourage you to contact us at email@example.com to seek a resolution. Any reasonable requests will be considered and PTA will attempt to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
• Questions, concerns or feedback are always welcome. Unless specifically stated by you, we shall treat any information you provide us with as non-proprietary and non-confidential.
• Please direct any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or 0432 036 614.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
• By selecting the ‘I Agree checkbox you agree to be bound by these terms, which you acknowledge you have read and understood.
• PTA reserves the right to revise, amend or modify the Terms and Conditions at any time. If we do we will give you a copy or make a copy available to you and we are entitled to assume you have read it and comply with its terms from the time it is given to you.
• If you object to any changes to the Terms, your only remedy is to immediately discontinue your use of the products and/or services.
• By complying with the above Terms and Conditions, you will assist us to provide a safe and happy environment for your child and other children in which to enjoy their dance class.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com