Please review and sign our waivers before finalizing all registrations.
DANCE STUDIO CODE OF CONDUCT
We are immensely grateful to have the opportunity to work with such a wonderful community of dancers and families. In order to maintain a calm and pleasant atmosphere at the dance studio, we are introducing the following Code of Conduct.
A reminder to all dancers and parents that our staff put in a lot of work to support our students and to cultivate a positive environment at the studio. Please treat our staff with the same respect and kindness you expect from us.
Any person in contravention of our Code of Conduct will be asked to leave the studio. Issues that occur repeatedly may result in removal from classes.
OTTAWA IRISH DANCE COMPANY CODE OF CONDUCT
1. OIDC is a safe space free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and violence. The studio has a zero-tolerance policy towards such behaviours, and any student parent or teacher who display such behaviours will be dismissed from the school. This includes disrespectful comments or tone of voice used when interacting with our staff.
2. Parents or dancers who have questions, issues or comments to discuss with the teacher are asked to email the school administrators and schedule a phone call if needed. Class time is for dance instruction.
3. All bags, coats and boots must be stored in the vestibule during class time. No personal items shall be left at the studio, and no outdoor shoes may be worn.
4. Students and parents are responsible for their belongings. Do not bring valuables into the studio or sitting area. OIDC is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misplaced property. Our lost and found bin, located near the main door, will be emptied periodically and the contents donated.
5. Parents, caregivers, and siblings are not to enter the studio while class is in session. Parents may wait in the sitting area, however no loud noise is permitted while class is in session. The dance teacher may ask any person who is distracting from the class to leave our space.
6. Dance teachers often need to raise their voices in order to be heard by all students. No parent or dancer is permitted to raise their voice in the studio for any reason.
7. Studio B in the basement is accessed through Studio A, therefore students will do their best to be quiet and respectful of classes that are in session while crossing the floor to enter Studio B.
8. The studio will open 10 minutes prior to the first class of the day; children are not to be left unattended until class starts.
9. Washroom spaces are to be respected. Students are expected to use the garbage provided and to tidy up after themselves.
10. The studio and all equipment must be respected. The mirrors and any fitness equipment are not to be played with. Should any person intentionally damage studio property, that person shall be responsible for repairing the damage at their own expense.
11. No smoking allowed in the studio or sitting room.
12. We are proud to be a peanut and nut free space. Please try to avoid bringing food to dance but if you need to please clean up after yourself.
13. Younger students are not allowed to leave the dance studio alone or wait outside for a parent to pick them up.
In consideration of my, or my child under the age of 18 being allowed to participate in Irish Dance classes and or to use its equipment, I agree to the following waiver and release.
I, for myself, my heirs, executors or anyone else who may claim on my behalf, hereby waive, release and forever discharge, Ottawa Irish Dance Company LTD.
Owners and operators, it’s directors, officers, instructors, representatives, and all others from any and all responsibilities or liability from personal injury, death, damage to the property or loss of any kind resulting from participating in any programs, classes, workshops or parties or my use of equipment belonging to or made available by releases due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence, breach of contract, or any breach of duty of care, and also including the failure on the part of the releases to safeguard or protect me from the risk, dangers and hazards of participating in a class or lesson activity.
I understand that lessons involve risk, dangers and hazards and I freely accept and fully assume all such risks, dangers and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage and the loss resulting therefrom. This agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and no other jurisdiction, and any litigation involving the parties to this agreement shall be brought solely within the Province of Ontario and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario.
I hereby authorize the staff members of Ottawa Irish Dance Company LTD. to act for me according to their best judgment in any emergency requiring medical attention, and I hereby waive and release Ottawa Irish Dance Company LTD. and their affiliates from any and all liability for any injury or illness while going to and from and while at any location Ottawa Irish Dance LTD. is holding classes or any other activities.
All medical expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the participant
In lieu of a medical certificate signed by a doctor, I have no knowledge of any physical or mental impairments that would be affected by my participation in this
Ottawa Irish Dance LTD. are not responsible for any belongings left in and around premises while activities are held.
I have read and understood this agreement and I am aware that by signing this agreement I am waiving certain legal rights which I or my heirs, executors and representatives may have against the releases.
At OIDC to ensure Irish dance is accessible as possible, we take your total tuition for the season and charge a portion each month. The 2023 - 2024 season has ten (10) equal payments, due on the first of the month or day of registration. The current season runs from September 5th, 2023 to June 24th, 2024. In the case of continued waves of Covid-19, dance instruction will shift seamlessly to Zoom.
Monthly payments will be posted to accounts on the following dates:
1) September 5th, 2023
2) October 1st, 2023
3) November 1st, 2023
4) December 1st, 2023
5) January 1st, 2024
6) February 1st, 2024
7) March 1st, 2024
8) April 1st, 2024
9) May 1st, 2024
10) June 1st, 2024
If, for example, you are signed up for the Ulster program, you will be charged a registration/uniform fee of $80 plus HST, and your first monthly payment will be charged to your account on September 1st, 2023, and your second instalment will be posted to your account on October 1st, 2023. Payment is due on the 8th of the month, and a late fee of $25 will apply to outstanding accounts with a balance due ten (10) days after billing.
The studio required 30 days notice to make changes to accounts. For example if I wish to withdraw from a program or change my monthly tuition amounts, 30 days notice would have to be received prior to the bill date. Eg. March 1st to not be billed on April 1st.
- Students should arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before their scheduled lesson wearing a mask.
- Students should line up outside the space on the markers in the parking lot. Note that students under 18 may line up with a parent outside the building, but all students must wait for a teacher to indicate that they may enter the studio space safely.
- Students will enter one at time through the studio door, and exit through the garage door.
- Students will be asked to sanitize their hands, then wash them upon entering the space.
- Students are asked to bring minimal belongings into the space, such as dance shoes, a filled water bottle and required athletic gear. Items are stored in the designated spots in the studio which are regularly sanitized between dancers.
- Please arrive dressed and ready to dance, there is no access to the washroom to change or fill up water bottles.
- Dancers must remain distanced from each other and the teacher at all times.
- Class sizes will be limited and extra time has been built between classes to allow for sanitation and cleaning.
- Gloves, masks and hand sanitizer will be available.
- The waiting area is closed until further notice. Parents may pick up dancers outside the studio door after their class has finished.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com