You must be over 18 to register for an online account.
You must be the dancer's parent/legal guardian in order to register or a dancer over 18 years of age.
By enrolling at Papermoon Performing Arts, LLC. you agree to the following:
I AGREE to complete a Participation/Liability Waiver, Media Release, & Acknowledge of Covid-19 Protocol Compliance UPON REGISTERING FOR CLASSES.
NOTIFICATION OF PERSONAL RISK: Dance is a physical art. Every precaution is taken to avoid and prevent injury; However, dancers and parents/guardians must be aware of the inherent risks or bodily injury that can result from dance and every participant must sign the Participation/Liability Waiver.
COVID-19 UPDATE: I agree that while the studio takes every precaution necessary, dancers/guardians/parents enter the studio at their own risk.
ATTENDANCE: Attendance is taken at each class. We encourage good attendance at the recreational level. At the competition level, attendance is imperative as absences and tardiness can hold back the competition choreography. Competition dancers must adhere to the absence policy set forth in their competition contract.
Failure to adhere to your competition contract will result in immediate removal from the team. Either way, please make every effort to have your child at every class. We will not refund tuition for classes that are missed on the part of the dancer/parent.
SITTING OUT: If a student is unable to dance due to injury we encourage them to participate by observing so that they will retain key elements of class. Students who feel ill, have a fever, or are exhibiting “contagious” symptoms should stay home and rest. If the class is being live-streamed, homebound students can join in via live stream. Tuition will not be adjusted.
CODE OF CONDUCT: Students are expected to be on their best behavior at all times. We are have no drama policy which applies to both dancers and parents. Dancers and parents must treat all staff, faculty, other families and peers with respect and a positive attitude. Dancers and parents/guardians must also respect all other dance studios both at the studio, at competition, at performances, and outside the studio. Failure to abide by our no-drama policy on the part of dancer or parent will result in immediate dismissal of the family from the studio. This policy extends to social media.
CARE FOR STUDENTS: At this time, our waiting room/lobby is closed to parents. **3-6 Combo Parents, please see noted about the waiting room in the designated paragraph below** Dancers cannot enter the building until they are called in by their instructor for their class to start. Papermoon Performing Arts is not responsible for your child outside of dance class. Drop-off: Do not leave the parking lot until your dancer is safely in the building. Please do not be late bringing them to class as our instructors cannot stand outside and wait for late students while others are waiting inside the building for class to start. Pick-up: Please do not be late to pick up your child as our instructors need to prepare for the next wave of dancers coming in. Failure to be on time will result in the inability to continue taking class.
DANCE CLASS ATTIRE: Please make every effort to have your child in the proper dance wear for each and every class in order to ensure the safety and the overall well-being of the student’s dance education. WE DO HAVE A DRESS CODE. This includes hair tied back into a pony tail, bun, or braids. See our dance wear handout for your child’s specific dress code. At this time, dancers should arrive in the dancewear they will be wearing for class. Our changing room is currently closed and we cannot tie up the bathroom for clothing changes.
SNOW OR BAD WEATHER: In the event of weather cancellations or otherwise, Papermoon will post any cancellations on the website and on all social media. A blast email will be sent out. You can also opt-in to our text message alert system. Standard text message and data rates do apply. Because of the way the calendar weeks fall, one cancellation day per class is already built-in to the cost of tuition. Should a class be cancelled more than once due to weather or any other cancellation by the studio, the class will be offered a make-up option or will hold class on Zoom that same evening. If your child misses class but the class is still help, a refund will not be issued.
GOING REMOTE: Should we be instructed to close our physical doors again, we will continue classes via Zoom until we are allowed to physically open again. Classes will continue on their normal schedule. We will not necessarily go remote if schools do, but will of course take into consideration what area schools are doing and will look to our local health department for guidance. Should we shut down during the first two 6-week sessions, no refund will be given as we will finish out the respective session on Zoom.
HOLIDAYS: Holiday closures will be posted and included in newsletters, email reminders and on our website. Holidays are also built into tuition and closure for a Holiday does not result in refunded tuition.
PAYMENTS: Payments are due by the 1st of every month. If your payment is not submitted within 10 days of the due date, you will be charged a $15 late fee each week you are late. We strongly encourage online payments through automatic checking withdraw. We do not accept credit cards at this time. If you cannot pay online, you can mail a check to Papermoon Performing Arts, LLC. 49 Commons Drive #2, Litchfield, CT 06759. You can also send cash or a check in with your dancer. If sending cash, please send the exact amount as the desk is not open to make change. Returned checks are subject to a $15 fee. Tuition is based on a monthly schedule no matter how many weeks are in that month.
3-6 COMBO CLASS: In order for your child to participate in the 3-6 combo class, one parent or guardian must be present during the entirety of the class. We are keeping our Combo Class size very small and parents will have enough room to space apart in the waiting room. If possible, please refrain from bringing siblings and extra people in to the waiting room as we are trying to safely space everyone out inside. Parents waiting in the waiting room need to have a mask on. We ask that parents stay in the waiting room during the class in case your child needs to use the restroom (as we cannot take them into the restroom ourselves) or if you need to be consulted at any time during the class.
COSTUME FEES: With the uncertainty of covid-19 still, we will not be charging recital costume fees in the fall like we normally do. Please stay tuned for more information regarding costumes.
RECITAL: *PENDING FUTURE PUBLIC HEALTH SITUATION* A recital will be held at the end of each regular season. Dates of this event will be advertised at a later date. When it gets closer to recital time, an entire newsletter devoted strictly to the recital will be handed out. The recital is our chance to show family and friends what your dancers have been working on all year long! All students (save for our Adult Classes) participate in the recital and each class (save for Ballet Tech) learns one dance for recital with one costume (purchase) per dance. Participation in our June recital is a mandatory part of the season.
WITHDRAWAL FROM THE STUDIO: Should dancers choose to cease enrollment at Papermoon Performing Arts, LLC, that month’s tuition will not be refunded regardless of how many lessons they attended throughout that month. For example, if you paid November tuition due November 1st, and your dancer withdraws from the studio on November 7th, you will not be refunded November tuition. If withdrawing from the studio, we ask that parents please formally notify us rather than just stop coming to class. Your account will continue to be charged until we are notified of your withdrawal.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact the studio director directly. If an issue arises, please email us so we can set up an appointment to meet.
By signing this waiver, I agree that I have read through all new Covid-19 protocols and I/my dancer will abide by all guidelines as follows:
- Students who have traveled to a "hot" state or out of the country are asked to remain home for 14 days after their return home.
- Students who have been exposed to covid-19, a covid positive person, or who are showing signs of illness including but not limited to a fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, sneezing, and upset stomach are asked to stay home. Any students displaying signs of illness upon arrival will be asked to return to their parent's car and go home.
- Should your student begin to feel ill after taking class, please notify the studio ASAP if they have been at the studio two weeks prior to feeling ill.
- All registration will be done online and online payments are encouraged but not required. You can register for classes through our Online Portal HERE. The front desk is to remain closed for the time being. If you cannot make online payments, please mail a check to Papermoon Performing Arts, 49 Commons Drive #2, Litchfield CT 06759 or send in cash/check with your dancer when they come in for class.
- We will not be using the doors we normally use that open into the building's lobby. We will be using the door in the center of our space as our own separate entrance. If you are facing the building, our new separate entrance door is to the right of the building's main lobby doors.
- At this time, no parents are allowed in the studio. Our waiting room/lobby is closed.
- Students will not be allowed to enter the studio until it is time for their class to start. Parents, DO NOT drop your kids off to wait outside. Your children waiting outside the building are not the responsibility of our staff. Also, please do not be late to bring your student to class as instructors cannot wait outside for your dancer to arrive.
- When class is over, students will be lead out by the instructor. DO NOT be late. We cannot wait outside with your child as we need time to prepare and clean before the next class arrives. Failure to arrive on time to pick up your dancer will result in the inability to continue classes.
- Studio A is currently limited to 8 dancers. 8 dancers ensures that dancers can remain 12 feet apart and in compliance with state guidelines, do not need to wear a mask inside when maintaining 12 feet of distance. Dancers can of course still wear a mask if they'd like.
- Studio B is currently limited to 5 dancers. 5 dancers ensures that dancers can remain 12 feet apart and in compliance with state guidelines, do not need to wear a mask inside when maintaining 12 feet of distance. Dancers can of course still wear a mask if they'd like.
- Students MUST wear a mask when entering the building. They will keep their mask on until all dancers have settled into the dance room and the instructor tells them it is safe to remove masks if they chose to do so. Each dancer will have their own space as we have made grid lines across our entire dance floor.
- Time in-between classes is built into our schedules for staff to clean and disinfect.
- All students will sanitize their hands upon arrival and exit to and from the building and when coming back from the restroom.
- Our cubbies are closed to limit shared surfaces. Students need to arrive in only the clothing they will be dancing in and should bring only the shoes the need for class and a water bottle. A plastic bin will be given to each student to put their belongings in. Students will carry these with them into the dance room during class. Bins will be disinfected by staff between all classes.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned between groups/classes.
I hereby authorize Papermoon Performing Arts, LLC. to use my child’s picture or a video including my child (myself if over 18 years of age) to represent the dance studio. I authorize the media to be used on social media platforms including Facebook and/or Instagram. I authorize the media to be used in print publication releases such as newspaper advertisements and press releases.
In the event you are unable to reach me, in the case of accident or injury, I give my permission for treatment as deemed necessary by staff or emergency personnel.
I understand that dance is a physical activity. I acknowledge that this release pertains to both instruction provided within the studio and on studio grounds as well as off-site performances like competitions, recitals, conventions, parades, etc. By signing this, I release Papermoon Performing Arts and its staff of liability in case of injury or accident incurred to participant.
I hereby waive, release, and discharge Papermoon Performing Arts, LLC. and all divisions thereof of any and all liability and responsibility for injuries, sickness, pandemics, accidents, natural disasters and/or acts of God incurred during participation in and/or instruction of all classes, camps, intensives, private instruction, choreography or any other activity sponsored by the studio in which I may participate.
I hereby waive, release, and discharge Papermoon Performing Arts, LLC. from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me including my traveling to and from this event, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: -Papermoon Performing Arts, LLC., its owner, and instructors.
I INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons mentioned in this waiver, release and registration form from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity or event, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com