To ensure the smooth, safe running of The Dance Effect Performing Arts Center and an enjoyable experience by all, below you will find our code of conduct. As always we are open to feedback, so if any of the requirements outlined below are unclear or concerning, please give us a call to discuss further. Following a formal meeting, we do reserve the right to dismiss or take disciplinary action on any students or parents who breach our studio’s code of conduct.
Keep Payment information up to date: Families who do not comply with their payment obligations may be charged a declined credit card fee, and/or excluded from performances. External debt collection may occur when fees remain overdue and this will be at the expense of the client. The student may not be able to enter class if a card is declined and not updated leaving a balance on the account.
Please DO NOT enter a class in session: No classes (including private lessons) or teachers are to be disturbed unless it is an emergency. Parents are not to approach teachers or students during class and if messages or food/drink/medication needs to be passed on to a student, it must be done through a The Dance Effect Performing Arts Center staff member. All parents must wait in the waiting areas or outside of the studios until classes have been dismissed.
Please drop off and pick up students in a timely manner: We are unable to take responsibility for our students before or after their scheduled classes and it is the responsibility of the parent to ensure their child is picked up and dropped off on time. In the case of an emergency or unavoidable delay, please contact the studio immediately to inform us of the situation so we can keep your child calm and safe until they can be collected.
Complaints: Any questions or complaints must go through our office staff – parents and students are not permitted to contact The Dance Effect Performing Arts Center teachers via phone, in person, or via email / social networking with studio issues unless it has been broached with the director first. Personal meetings with the studio director can happily be arranged via our office staff.
No Bullying: In the rare case of a parent or student showing disrespect or defamation to any parent, staff member or student, a meeting will be called immediately and dismissal may be considered at the discretion of the principal. Physical, mental, emotional or cyber bullying by parents, staff or students will not be tolerated and may result in dismissal from the studio.
Lost and Found: The Dance Effect Performing Arts Center takes no responsibility for any stolen or misplaced property on the studio premises and we encourage our families to avoid bringing valuable items into the studio where possible
The Dance Effect Performing Arts Center’s management reserves the right to change teachers or timetabling when necessary at any time throughout the year.
Intellectual Property: Choreography, costuming and studio policies remain the intellectual property of The Dance Effect Performing Arts Center and may not be reproduced or sold by any students, parents or staff without permission of the director.
I acknowledge that participation in dance is potentially dangerous and there is an inherent risk of injury involved.
In allowing my child to participate in The Dance Effect Performing Arts Center’s activities, I hereby assume all the risks associated with the performing arts. I understand the importance of myself and my child following the instructions and rules set by their instructor/s, and I agree to release The Dance Effect Performing Arts Center’s and it’s employees of any and all liability which may arise as a result of my child’s participation in activities at The Dance Effect Performing Arts Center.
I give permission for The Dance Effect Performing Arts Center to use video footage and / or photographs of my child. This usage may include (but is not exclusive to) displaying publicly, distributing, or publishing, photographs, and/or video of my child for use in materials that include, but may not be limited to:
- printed materials (eg - brochures and newsletters)
- online and offline advertising and promotion
- videos and digital images such for use on Social Media.
I acknowledge that I am giving unrestricted permission for my child’s image to be used in print, video, and digital media. I agree that these images may be used by The Dance Effect Performing Arts Center for a variety of purposes and that these images may be used without further notification. I do understand that any identifying information including surname and location will not be used in conjunction with any video or digital images.
The Dance Effect Performing Art Center’s Social Media Policy refers to all social networking sites, video/photo sharing sites, blogs, micro-blogs, wikis, podcasts, forums, instant messaging and geo-spatial tagging (for example, Facebook check-ins). Please see below for our regulations regarding Social Media and feel free to contact our office staff if you have any questions.
- Please remember that your anonymity on Social Media is never guaranteed and to exercise particular caution when posts, images or videos identify children in your care.
- Remain mindful that your behavior on Social Media remains in keeping with The Dance Effect Performing Art Center’s code of conduct as outlined the handbook.
- Any comments or posts perceived to be obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, discriminatory or hateful towards The Dance Effect Performing Art Center’s staff, students or families may subject the owner to disciplinary or legal action.
- Should you wish to engage on Social Media while identifying as a studio volunteer or employee, you may only do so with integrity, respect, and adhere to privacy and confidentiality policy.
- Any content revealing or referring to sensitive studio information is not allowed to be shared online.
- Intellectual property laws (for example, costume design and choreography) must be observed by all studio patrons when posting online.
- While affiliated with our studio, (for example, images of your child in The Dance Effect Performing Art Center’s uniform or logo wear) we will not tolerate any posts that are racially, sexually, physically or religiously offensive.
- All matters pertaining directly to the studio - whether it be fees, scheduling, placements or performance opportunities - may not be communicated via Social Media. We have an open door policy and encourage all communication, complaints and feedback to be communicated to the Director directly.
- We discourage parents / students and teachers from becoming ‘friends’ or ‘followers’ on Social Media, unless there is an existing relationship. We consider all studio members to be family and as such feel the obligation to respect and monitor personal boundaries.
- Families found to be engaging in ‘hidden’ or ‘private’ groups formed for the specific purpose of discussing studio matters will be encouraged to join our closed Facebook group for public discussion and warned against discussing Studio matters in their private online groups.
- Photos or Videos taken of performances or rehearsals may NOT be posted online.
- You may not post photographs / videos that feature The Dance Effect Performing Art Center dancers other than your own online without the proven consent of their parent/guardian.
- Identifying information of any featured minors - including names, ages or location - must be removed when posting on Social Media.
Please contact us to withdraw from class and stop auto pay. NOTIFICATION MUST BE 1 WEEK PRIOR TO AUTO-PAY CHARGE DATE AS LISTED IN THE STUDENT HANDBOOK.
AUTO-PAY AGREEMENT AND WITHDRAW POLICY
- At time of submitting enrollment, I agree that my card will be charged the First Tuition Payment of the Session/Program enrolling.
- I recognize that I am Auto-Enrolled into the next session and may opt out before the next session starts.
- Following enrollment, Auto-Pay for Membership will be charged as followed:
October 12 (Fall Session 2)
By January 4 (Winter Session)
February 15 ( Spring Session 1)
April 5 (Spring Session 2)
The 1st of the Month (September - May)
-Performance Package Add-ons will be split by remaining months and added to tuition
-There will be an 8% Sibling Discount
- Summer Class balance will be charged on the first night of classes. Summer Camp balance will be charged on the first day of camp.
- Declined CC Fee: $15
WITHDRAW AND REFUND POLICY
-Please contact us to withdraw from class and stop auto pay. NOTIFICATION MUST BE 1 WEEK PRIOR TO AUTO-PAY CHARGE DATE AS LISTED ABOVE.
Refund Policy renews after each Session Payment. No Refunds for previous payments after making a new session payment.
Performance Package Refund in the Discovery Program:
By December 1 - 100% Refund
December 2-Feb 28 - 50% Refund
After March 1 - Will Receive Costume and 20% Refund
Please contact us to stop auto-pay 1 week before scheduled due date.
Performance Package Refund In the Academy:
By October 31 - 100% Refund
November 1-December 31 - 50% Refund
January 1-Feb 28 - 25% Refund
After March 1 - Will Receive Costume and 20% Refund
Summer Camp Refund Policy:
-1 Week before start of Camp Week: 100% Refund
-NO REFUND WITHIN 1 WEEK OF CAMP WEEK
Summer Class Refund Policy:
-After 2 weeks after session start- 25% Refund
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com