We need you to answer this to make sure you are a person and not spam.
You must be over 18 to register for a Parent account.
I hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless Northern Dance Academy, LLC, its owners, members, advisors, Board of Directors, and all employees and agents of these parties from all liabilities, suits, claims and/or demands of any kind or nature, legal or financial, whether caused in any way by negligence or not, arising from the participation in or observation of any Northern Dance Academy activity for injuries to any person or property, whether on or off the premises.
The student/participant named above does voluntarily participate in any and all Northern Dance Academy activities and the student/participant and I understand that certain risks are inherent to and from participation and involvement with Northern Dance Academy and its various formal and informal activities. These activities include but are not limited to Dance and Performance. Northern Dance Academy is not responsible for any lost or stolen property, at any time. Anyone found to be violating any of the rules, codes of conduct, or found to be disruptive to either another individual or group may be asked to leave the premises or off-site location at any time and be refused re-entrance without any full or partial refund. I hereby irrevocably grant to Northern Dance Academy perpetually, exclusively, and for all media throughout the world (including print, non theatrical, home video, CD-ROM, internet and any other electronic medium presently in existence or invented in the future), the right to use and incorporate (alone or together with other materials), in whole or in part, photographs, sound bites or video footage taken as a result of participation in Northern Dance Academy activities. I hereby authorize Northern Dance Academy, its owners, members, Board of Directors, and all employees and agents of these parties to act for the student/participant named above according to their best judgment in providing or arranging for emergency care in any emergency circumstance requiring medical attention. I request and authorize that in my absence the student/participant named above be admitted to any hospital or medical facility for diagnosis and treatment. I request and authorize physicians, dentists, and staff, duly licensed as Doctors of Medicine/Osteopathy or Doctors of Dentistry or other such licensed technicians or nurses, to perform any diagnostic procedures, treatment procedures, operative procedures and x-ray treatment of any registered student/participant such professional medical staff deem appropriate and/or necessary.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES: Northern Dance Academy’s Policies & Procedures must be adhered to at all times. A copy is available at the studios to read as well as in our waivers area of this portal. The document may also be downloaded from our website at http://www.northerndance.com/downloads.
MONTHLY FEES: Monthly fees are due by the 1st lesson of each month and considered late by the second lesson of the month. A late fee of $10.00 may be charged. Tuition is posted on the 1st day of the month. Auto-Pay is run on the 10th of each month.
LIABILITY DISCLAIMER: Northern Dance Academy, LLC and/or its employees are not liable for personal injuries, loss of or damage to personal property. Each student may decline to participate in any activity. Please inform instructor of any physical limitations the student may have. If you have any doubt as to you or your child’s physical limitations, please consult with your physician before participating. All students participating in any studio activities do so at their own risk. Northern Dance Academy, LLC claims no responsibility for accidents or injuries. I/We understand that Northern Dance Academy, LLC will not be responsible for any medical costs associated with injury that I/we or the student may sustain. I/We waive all claims for injury or liability against Northern Dance Academy, LLC or any of its owners or employees. I/We understand that dance instruction involves kinetic correction that may include physically touching the student as part of the regular class work and/or rehearsal. I/We assume the risk and agree that Northern Dance Academy, LLC and faculty have permission to engage in appropriate kinetic correction of the body for technical corrective purposes as part of regular class work and rehearsal.
Upon execution of this agreement, the undersigned also releases ownership and authorizes the use of the student's likeness and image, for any purpose authorized by Northern Dance Academy, LLC, including but not limited to: website use, editorial publications, advertising, photos inside the studio and promotional material. This grant includes the right to modify and retouch the images at the discretion of Northern Dance Academy LLC. I/We understand that there will be no compensation to the student for this use. In granting this permission to Northern Dance Academy, LLC, I am/we are fully and without limitation releasing it from any liability that may arise from the use of the images. Additionally, I/we agree to adhere to Northern Dance Academy, LLC’s Policies and Procedures as set forth in the document of the same name.
Northern Dance Academy LLC and its employees CANNOT administer any medication.
Should an emergency occur, I/We give permission for emergency treatment in the event parent/guardian cannot be contacted.
147 E. Aqua Circle #3, Dalton Garden, ID 83815 *www.northerndance.com* 208-762-4631
Northern Dance Academy is happy that you have chosen our studio for your child’s dance instruction.
Welcome to the family!
We pride ourselves on offering professional dance instruction by qualified teachers in a fun and friendly environment. We appreciate this opportunity to give your child a quality dance foundation that promotes respect, discipline, and an understanding of the art of Dance.
We are dedicated to helping each child develop into the best dancer they desire to become and will help and encourage them to reach their goals. We believe that hard work and commitment produce achievement, by instilling the self-discipline in each student that will aid him or her in all aspects of life. We seek excellence from our students appropriate to their age, level, and interest. To achieve these ends requires the full cooperation and support of the students, parents, teachers and staff at the school.
The following policies have been developed carefully to aid in understanding our philosophy of dance education and to reduce any possible confusion. Please familiarize yourself and your child with this information. After reading through these policies, please be sure to contact us if you still have any questions.
Please note that these policies and procedures must be followed at all times.
NORTHERN DANCE ACADEMY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
• There is a registration fee of $25 which is due on the first day of registration at the studio (after the trial class has been taken). The registration fee will be re-applied if the student takes a break from dancing of more than 90 days.
• For new students, we have a “try a class risk-free” policy. If you decide not to enroll after taking the first class, then you owe us nothing. If you do enroll, you will be charged for all classes taken (including the trial class).
• Tuition fees are due at your child’s first class each month. If the tuition is not paid at the first class a late payment fee of $10 will be added to your tuition.
• A Studio Enrollment Form must be completed before participation in any class.
• Accounts more than one month in arrears will be frozen and the student will not be allowed to participate until the account is brought up-to-date. If special payment arrangements need to be made please contact the front desk. We will be happy to work with you if at all possible.
• Tuition fees are calculated based on the entire season of dance from September through June and are averaged to be the same each month, including those months shortened by holiday/weather closures.
• No refunds will be given for tuition or registration fees.
• If you attend any portion of the month, you are responsible for the full monthly tuition fee (new students joining mid-month will have first month’s fees pro-rated).
• A 3% surcharge will be added to all credit or debit card payments.
• A $30 fee will be charged for any returned checks.
SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
Although not mandatory, we strongly recommend that your child take at least one ballet class. We believe that ballet is the core foundation for all styles of dance. Many techniques required for tap, jazz and lyrical are based on ballet technique. A foundation in ballet and concurrent enrollment in a ballet class is required to take any lyrical or modern class. Class placement for new students who have previous dance experience is by assessment of an instructor.
We offer classes in many different styles of dance. These include:
• Pointe Work
• Jazz Progressions
• Combination Ballet/Tap Classes for our younger students
• A complete schedule of classes may be found on our website, www.northerndance.com, and at the studio.
No jewelry (except for studded earrings), including watches, is permitted in ANY class. This is for the safety of all students.
Please Note: Any student without the appropriate hairstyle for class will be asked to leave the classroom and return once the hairstyle is corrected.
Students are required to wear a leotard, (either light pink or black), and pink ballet tights; ballet skirts are optional. Tutus and tutu dresses are allowed on the last class of the month (everyone wants to be a Princess!). Ballet shoes and tap shoes are required. Long hair is to be tied back and secured in a bun and bangs pinned out of eyes.
Students are required to wear a leotard and ballet tights (please see colors below). Ballet shoes, either canvas or leather, (preferably split sole) are required for class. Hair is to be tied back in a neat bun and firmly secured, bangs to be pinned out of eyes. Ballet skirts may be permitted for the younger or teen classes. Legwarmers are permitted during the winter time for barre work only. Sweaters are also permitted in the winter time but must be removed as soon into the barre work as possible.
BALLET A – D Light Pink leotard with pink ballet tights BALLET E – J Black leotard with pink ballet tights
TEEN BALLET CLASSES – Any color leotard with ballet tights
Students are required to wear jazz pants, leggings, dance shorts or tights with a leotard (any color), tight fitting tank top or t-shirt. Jazz shoes are required for this class. Long hair is to be tied back in a bun and firmly secured, bangs to be pinned out of eyes.
Students are required to wear jazz pants, leggings, dance shorts or tights with a leotard (any color), tight fitting tank top or t-shirt. Class will be conducted in bare feet. Long hair is to be tied back in a bun and firmly secured, bangs to be pinned out of eyes.
Students are required to wear footless/convertible tights, tight fitting cropped leggings or dance shorts with a leotard (any color) or tight fitting tank top or t-shirt. Lyrical shoes are required. Hair is to be tied back in a bun and firmly secured, bangs to be pinned out eyes.
Students are required to wear loose fitting sweat pants, leggings or dance shorts and a tank top or t-shirt. Black Hip-Hop shoes or dance sneakers are required. CLEAN street sneakers may be worn initially. Hair can be worn up or down, bangs to be pinned back out of eyes.
Students are required to wear jazz pants, sweat pants, tights or leggings with a leotard, tank top or t-shirt. Tap shoes are required. Long hair is to be tied back and secured, bangs to be pinned out of eyes.
JAZZ PROGRESSIONS & ACRO CLASSES
Students are required to wear jazz pants, leggings, dance shorts or tights with a leotard (any color), tight fitting tank top or t-shirt. Jazz shoes are required for Progressions, bare feet for Acro. Long hair is to be tied back in a bun and firmly secured, bangs to be pinned out of eyes.
PBT & Variations Classes
Students are required to wear jazz pants, leggings, tights or dance shorts with a leotard, tight fitting tank top or t-shirt. Jazz or ballet shoes are required. Hair is to be tied back in a bun and firmly secured, bangs to be pinned out eyes.
Students are required to wear sweats or shorts with a tight fitting t-shirt or tank. We recommend that boys also wear a jockstrap or compression shorts under their dance attire. For lyrical class: bare feet or lyrical shoes, Ballet class: black ballet shoes, Tap class: tap shoes are required. Long hair must be tied back and secured.
BALLET/TAP COMBINATION CLASS GUIDELINES
• Students must be at least 3 years of age.
• Students are required to wear a light pink or black leotard and pink ballet tights. Ballet skirts are optional. Tutus and Tutu dresses are permitted on the last class of every month (everyone wants to be a Princess!)
• Ballet shoes and tap shoes are required. We do have shoes at the studio to loan for the first few classes. Once your child is committed to class, please acquire your own.
• Long hair is to be tied back into a bun with bangs pinned out of the eyes.
• No jewelry is allowed (with the exception of studded earrings).
• All combination classes are 45 minutes long.
• Please ensure your child has used the restroom before class begins. This way there will be fewer disruptions during class time.
• Parents are NOT allowed into the studio. If your child is upset or needs the restroom the teacher will escort your child out of the classroom to you.
• Please observe the safety rules of the studio. No child can be allowed to enter the dance studio without a teacher present, no running anywhere in the studio.
• We also have courtesy rules, such as listening to the teacher, not interrupting in class, pushing in lines, invading another child’s space etc...
• We certainly understand that many children have separation anxiety, but dancers typically overcome their fear quickly and enjoy their dance classes immensely. This will require some trust on the part of the parents, so that the children know they are safe with us.
• We have viewing windows at the studio, which allow you to watch your child during class. Sometimes this can be a distraction to the children. You know your child; if you feel they would be distracted by you through the window then please move back. You will still be able to view the class from a distance.
• Please bear in mind, in some instances, even though your child may love to dance at home, they may not be ready for a structured classroom environment. If the teacher thinks that this is the case, then it will be discussed. Your child may need to wait another six months before they are ready for this kind of structured activity.
• If you have any questions at all, please ask. We will answer all of your questions as best we can.
• Students are expected to be respectful of all instructors and other students at the studio.
• Excessive talking or other misbehavior in class will not be tolerated and may result in the student being asked to observe class instead of participating. In extreme cases, students may be removed from the class.
• All students must respect the structure and teaching style of their instructors.
• No sweatshirts, school or street clothes are permitted in class as they hide technical flaws that a teacher cannot correct if hidden.
• No street shoes are allowed in the studios. Outside dirt can damage the surface of the studio floors and create sticking or slipping hazards. Bring your dance shoes with you and change into them at the studio.
• No dance shoes are to be worn outside.
• No gum is permitted in the studios.
• Students are encouraged to bring water in closed containers to class; no other food or beverage is permitted inside the studios.
• No cell phones are permitted in the classroom. Focus must be on the class.
• If your child needs to leave the class early, please inform the instructor before the class begins.
• No student is allowed to enter the classroom without an instructor present or without the instructor’s permission.
• Correcting your child in class sometimes requires physical touch to ensure that the student feels the correct placement. Please understand this is a normal part of good dance instruction and teaching.
• Children or siblings not participating in class must be under the supervision of a parent or guardian at all times. Please respect the learning environment by removing excessively loud children from the area.
• Please do not allow your child to run around the studio or in the store area.
• Disrespecting any instructor, student or parent will not be tolerated. Proper respect of all instructors, students and parents is expected at all times.
• Attitudes that are disrespectful, uncooperative or aggressive do not have a place in our studio and will be dealt with appropriately.
• Any parent/guardian or student who disrupts class or approaches an instructor, student or other parent with intent to cause dissent or contravene these policies and procedures will be asked to leave the studio.
• Any inappropriate or slanderous remarks about Northern Dance Academy, its instructors or students on any social media site will be cause for immediate dismissal from the studio.
• If a parent or student has been given the private cell phone number of a teacher it is for their use only. Please do not share private cell phone numbers of teachers with other parents or students without the express permission from the teacher.
• All studio-related inquiries or concerns must be directed to the studio email address or phone number, please do not text or call the teachers individually.
• If your child is sick, for example; has vomited, had a fever or diarrhea within the last 24 hours, please do not bring them to the studio. We make every effort to prevent the spread of illnesses. Please do contact us to let us know.
• It is our philosophy that the purpose of dance class is to teach the students and give them the best instruction in dance possible. Please keep in mind that even the quietest observers can distract students and make them self-conscious or apprehensive.
• Although the physical design of our studio allows parents to watch at any time, please DO NOT enter the classroom for any reason, unless invited by an instructor.
• Please be mindful of your conversations when in the waiting or viewing area. We have a lot of young ears at the studio who may be listening to your conversation.
• We ask that you please do not approach an instructor with questions or concerns between classes. Most classes run back to back and valuable class time will be lost. If your questions or concerns cannot be answered at the front desk, then an appropriate time will be arranged for you to speak to the instructor.
• It is the responsibility of the parent or adult student to be aware of events or activities, such as rehearsal dates, recital dates, holiday closing dates etc... An email will be sent out and/or notices posted in the studio. In addition, there is a calendar of events containing this information on our website. Please check your email, our website and the notice board regularly to ensure you are fully informed.
• If your home address, email address or telephone number changes, please update your information at the front desk and in the parent portal.
• If you have any concerns or grievances, please speak to the front desk. We will do our best to resolve any issues promptly.
Our staff are very experienced, and careful consideration is taken when choosing the correct level of class for each student. It is important to remember that all students are individuals with very different talents, skills and ability levels; they will not all progress at the same rate. In order to maintain a high-quality dance education, while at the same time ensuring the safety of each student, it is often impossible to keep the same students together in the same class year after year. The most important thing is that the student should be comfortable in their learning environment, not inhibited. Northern Dance Academy prides itself on having a friendly, family-like atmosphere with strong instructors, able to help each student develop into the best dancer he or she can and wants to be. To this end, we strive to ensure that all our students are challenged in whichever class they are placed. Below are a few things to keep in mind.
• Our teachers continually assess the students’ progress to ensure that each child is placed in the most suitable class for their development and current skill level. If your child applies themselves and takes correction they will progress. Please remember this when suggesting that your child change to a different class. Class placement is at the discretion of the instructors and is assessed on an individual basis. We cannot stress enough that since every child has a different ability and learning style in dance, they will not all progress at the same rate.
• If your child’s class name does not change that does not mean they will not learn anything new. The class names are simply a way of identifying the classes for business and scheduling purposes. We have limited classroom space at the studio so it is impossible to have a different class name every year.
• Keep in mind that pushing a child beyond their capability or interest may cause frustration with their dancing, could lead to injury or even make them want to quit, not realizing that dance is supposed to be fun!
• The instructor’s judgment must be respected first and foremost. It is normal for parents to view their child as exceptional, but remember the teacher is looking at your child through trained, expert eyes. If your teacher’s judgment is not respected in all areas of your child’s training, their dance education will be compromised.
• From time to time, our teachers must make decisions whereby certain students are chosen for special parts in performances. These choices are very carefully considered. Parents and teachers must work together to help students understand that not all students can be chosen. We want our students to be happy and supportive of each other. We encourage students to learn from each other and to be motivated by one another.
• We urge all students to work hard to become the best dancers they can be, but they must work at the level most suitable for them. Many students are easily discouraged when they are placed in too difficult a class.
• Class placement is extremely important for the welfare of your child to minimize the risk of suffering an injury in class.
ABSENCES & TARDINESS
• When you enroll your child in a class, you are paying us to hold a place in class for your child, therefore regular attendance of each student is expected.
• In the case of continued absences from class your child may not be allowed to participate in our end of year performance.
• Regular attendance is critical in order to be prepared for our June performance. Please make every effort to avoid missing classes. Teachers will not slow the pace of their classes to accommodate a student who does not attend class regularly.
• Invariably, the dancer who attends class regularly performs the best and makes the most steady and rapid improvement. Absences not only hurt the progress of the individual, but inhibit the progress of the entire class.
• Students should arrive at least 10 minutes before class so they will be ready to begin on time. Entering class after it has begun is disruptive to the teacher and other students.
• Students who arrive to class more than 15 minutes late may be asked to observe class; this will be at the discretion of the instructor.
• If a student is late for class they must wait until an appropriate time to enter the classroom, i.e. at the end of an exercise.
• If your child will be missing class, please call or e-mail the studio prior to the class to let us know.
• No catch-up classes will be scheduled for missed lessons unless absence is due to a serious illness. In this situation, a doctor’s note will be required to attend a catch-up class.
• We are unable to refund or prorate classes missed due to school activities, band trips, sports/family events, family vacations etc...
The studio will provide a substitute teacher if a regular teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. In the unlikely event that the class is cancelled a make-up class will be arranged.
If class enrollment is too small, Northern Dance Academy may cancel a class or combine it with another appropriate class. Any unused tuition fees in the event of class cancellation will be fully refunded.
EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS
If the studio must cancel classes due to extreme weather conditions or events beyond our control, no make-up classes will be scheduled and no refunds or credits will be given. Northern Dance Academy follows the CDA school district weather closure decision at these times.
• Please bring all personal items in a bag that closes securely. Loose items are liable to get lost or picked up accidentally by another child.
• Please label all personal items with your child’s name in permanent ink to cut down on lost items. If your child misplaces a belonging, please check the lost & found.
• Northern Dance Academy will not be held responsible for any lost or stolen items.
• DO NOT BRING VALUABLE ITEMS TO THE STUDIO.
END OF YEAR RECITAL
• Our recital is held at the Schuler Performing Arts Center, North Idaho College. It is held on a Saturday, usually at the end of June.
• There are TWO performances. ALL students perform in BOTH shows except the young students in the combination ballet/tap classes, who will be assigned to perform in only one of the two shows.
• Rehearsals for the recital are MANDATORY. Please ensure your child is available on all rehearsal dates; there will be no exceptions to this rule. This is for the safety of your child and all other students performing in the recital.
• If you cannot commit your child to these rehearsal dates and recital date, please do not register your child for the recital.
• Two mandatory rehearsals are held. The first is at the studio on Friday one week prior to the recital. Photo day, also at the studio, is usually held the following day, Saturday, one week prior to the recital. Photos are optional but encouraged. Final dress rehearsal is held at the Schuler Performing Arts Center, North Idaho College the day before the recital (Friday). This rehearsal is also mandatory for participation in recital.
• There is a non-refundable recital fee of $35 per student.
• Costume Fee deadline dates will be posted in the studio and an email sent out. This cost is in addition to the recital fee. Once costumes are ordered, this charge is non-refundable.
• Costume fees not paid in full by the deadline date will not be ordered and your child will not be allowed to participate in the recital.
• Tickets for the recital are sold separately and are not included in the recital or costume fee.
• A complete breakdown of the recital schedule will be handed out to each student and will be available at the studio. It will also be sent out via email. Please note we do not post the recital schedule on our website for the safety of our students (please ensure your email information is up-to-date at the front desk).
• Costumes ordered after our initial costume order has been placed will incur an added cost of $25 per costume. This is to compensate for the extra shipping costs and ordering process.
Northern Dance Academy reserves the right to make any changes or addenda to these policies and procedures at any time.
Thank you for dancing with us!
We are excited to have you as part of the Northern Dance Academy family! We look forward to a long and fruitful relationship.
Nicola Hanson - Owner/Director of Northern Dance Academy, LLC
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com