I have read and agree to the following:
Welcome to Leaps and Bounds Dance Academy
This parent handbook is to answer any questions that you may have about our dance program. It also contains important information for the entire year, including our policies. Please read the entire handbook and keep for questions throughout the year. For more information about our dance philosophies and teachers please see out website.
Leaps and Bounds Dance Academy sends out a monthly blog and other announcements via the parent portal and email. Please ensure you have an updated email to ensure your receiving important information. For the fastest and most thorough answer to any questions you may have, please contact us via email at email@example.com. We will do our best to respond to all emails within 48 hours with the exception of the weekends. We encourage you to use all available resources (i.e. our website, parent portal, Facebook page, Parent Handbook, etc.) to find readily available answers to your questions prior to emailing the studio.
• Phone: 801-669-3345
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website/parent portal login: www.leapsandboundsdance.com
• Facebook: Leaps and Bounds Dance Academy
• Instagram: @leapsandboundsdance
Registration for new and returning members is easy via our Parent Portal. This can be found on our website at www.leapsandboundsdance.com. You can also register in the studio during office hours. We are a year-round and open enrollment dance studio. This means that you can add or drop classes (see withdrawal policy below) at any time during the year. Our current schedule, pricing, and policies run June 20, 2022-June 1, 2023.
• Everyone is REQUIRED to enroll in Autopay thru the parent portal.
• Class fees are posted the 26th of each month and charged on the 1st of each month. Statements are sent out the 2nd of the month.
• A $10 fee will be applied to accounts whose cards do not go thru on the 1st with Autopay.
• A $15 late fee will be applied to accounts not paid by the 10th.
• Tuition may be paid by credit card (We accept MasterCard, Visa, and Discover). We don’t accept Venmo or Apple Pay.
• Tuition remains the same regardless of absences, holidays, and whether it is a long (5-weeks) month or a short (3-weeks) month.
• Sibling discount- $5 per month off each sibling after the first full paid child.
If you do need to drop a class at any time during the year, you will need to fill out a drop form by the 25th BEFORE the month you wish to drop. These can be picked up at the front desk or requested digitally by emailing us. Not showing up for classes, does not constitute a withdrawal from class. Class must be dropped by the 25th of the month otherwise full month tuition will be charged. You will continue to be charged for tuition until the drop form has been completed.
Studio Closed Dates
We loosely follow the Alpine School District for holidays. Please see below:
July 4: Independence Day
July 25: Pioneer Day
September 5: Labor Day
October 10-15: Fall Break (full week)
October 31: Halloween
November 21-26: Thanksgiving Break (full week)
December 19- December 31: Christmas Break (two full weeks)
January 16: Martin Luther King Day
February 20: President’s Day
April 3-8: Spring Break
*We DO NOT take off for teacher work days!
Studio Important Dates
• Dance with your Dancer Week- December 5-10
o We invite you to come and take class with your dancer! Come see what they do each week and see if you could do it yourself.
o “Tuition” will be cans of food or toilet paper to be donated to our local Tabitha’s Way
Annual Recital: May 31-June 1, 2023
We will hold our annual dance recital at the Valentine Theater in American Fork. The Recital shows classes and dates have already been predetermined for the year. Please make sure if you would like your children in the same show to sign up for the classes accordingly. A copy of the schedule and recital shows is available in the office or on our website. Participation is optional. A letter of non-participation will need to be turned into the office by February 23rd. Each family with receive an information packet the first week of May. We ask that you the read the information completely and thoroughly as we will not readdress subjects covered.
Annual Recital Performance Fees and Costumes
Fees for participation in the recital are listed below. All classes except for Pointe Pre, Toddler & Me, Age 3-5 Acro, and Acro Basics will participate in our annual recital. Measurements will be taken the first week of March for those participating. All measurements will be adjusted to account for growth before your student receives the costume. Costumes will be sent home throughout the month of May. We will not send home costumes until all fees have been paid. All costume fees are non-transferable or refundable.
• Annual Recital Performance Fee: $30 per family
o Due March 1st, non-transferable and non-refundable
o Allows us to rent venue and other costs associated with putting on recital
o Admission into shows is free and will be first come first serve at the theater.
• Costume for Annual Recital:
o Age 3 Classes thru Age 6-8 Classes- $50
o Age 8-10 Classes thru Age 15-18 Classes- $60
o Due April 1st, Non- transferable and non-refundable
o Costume will be yours to keep!
Class Attendance and Make-ups
• Class Attendance
o Good attendance is imperative, as absences and tardiness can hold back an entire class.
o Students should be prompt and prepared for class.
o Please have students use the bathroom before class.
o Water breaks will be given during class, please leave water bottles in lobby.
o No refunds will be given for missed classes.
• Make-up Classes
o Each dancer will be allowed one make-up per month.
o Make up class must be done within one month of absence. If dancer tries to attend makeup class after one-month period you will be charged for class.
• Weather Related Closures
o Occasionally classes will be cancelled due to the weather. If this happens classes will either be rescheduled for another day or child may due a make-up class.
o Closures will be announced through the parent portal and email.
o No refunds will be given for weather related closures.
Class Dancewear and Hair
• Proper dancewear is required for all classes. Students must wear comfortable form fitting dance attire to display proper body alignment and allow for easy movement.
o Combo- Any types of form-fitting appropriate dance wear such as jazz pants, biker shorts, leotards, tank top and form- fitting t-shirt. Plus proper shoes for each type of style (ballet- ballet shoes, tap- tap shoes, hip hop- tennis shoes, jazz- foot undies or ballet shoes).
o Ballet - Leotard, tights and pink ballet shoes. No skirts, wraps, shorts over tights, dance pants, or tutus are allowed for leveled ballet classes.
o Tap – Any types of form-fitting appropriate dance wear such as jazz pants, biker shorts, leotards, tank top or form- fitting t-shirt, and tap shoes.
o Jazz - Any type of form-fitting appropriate dance wear such as jazz pants, biker shorts, leotards, tank tops or form- fitting t-shirt, and gore boots or foot undies.
o Hip Hop - Any type of form-fitting appropriate dance wear such as jazz pants, biker shorts, leotards, tank tops or form- fitting t-shirt, and clean tennis shoes.
o Modern- Any type of form-fitting appropriate dance wear such as jazz pants, biker shorts, leotards, tank tops or form- fitting t-shirt, and bare feet.
• No baggy t-shirts, baggy shorts, blue jeans, no jewelry or other inappropriate attire will be allowed.
• Hair should always be securely pulled away from the face.
o Ballet- Bun
o Tap, Jazz, Modern, Hip Hop- Ponytail
The purpose of our performance group is to help dancers grow in their dance ability, performing skills, and to learn camaraderie with teammates. A parent meeting and audition (everyone will be accepted) will take place July 30th. Dancers involved in this group will be in the January show and perform at a variety of places throughout the year. Involvement in this group will require extra classes and fees.
Our January Show is to provide extra performing opportunities for those that would like to participate. Parent meeting will take place beginning September 10th. Rehearsals will run September through January. Involvement in this show will require extra classes and fees.
Studio Conduct and Rules
• No student should be in the dance studios unless enrolled in that particular class.
• Dropping off or picking up child more than 15 minutes early or late will result in $1 per minute babysitting fee.
• No street shoes should be worn in the dance studios. Please change into dance shoes before class.
• No food or drinks of any kind are allowed in the dance studios.
• Chewing gum is never allowed in the dance studios.
• No hanging on dance barres or any other destructive behavior in dance studios or lobby area.
• Office area and dance studio closets are off limits except to staff.
• Parents should not leave young students unattended in the waiting area before, after, or during class.
• Do not leave valuables in the Lobby area. Leaps and Bounds is not responsible for lost or stolen personal belongs.
• Always treat your teacher and fellow classmates with respect.
If rules and policies stated above are violated repeatedly, you and your child may be removed from the dance studio and dance classes. No refunds will be given if removed from studio.