Are you over 18 years old?
We have read, understand and agree to abide by the policies of The Academy of Dance. The Academy of Dance has my permission to use photos of my child for display, advertisement, or promotional material without compensation. I understand there are risks involved in dance training and I release The Academy of Dance, its owners, director, faculty, and independent contractors from any liability due to accident or injury on the premises or at any Academy-related activities. I give my permission to seek emergency treatment for my child if it appears necessary and The Academy of Dance is unable to contact me.
Please read these rules in their entirety and comply with them at all times. These policies are in accordance with state and federal regulations for preventing the spread of the novel coronavirus.
1. Pre-Screening: Before coming to the studio, please go through the Pre-Screening Checklist (below). If you answer YES to one or more of the questions, inform the office that you will be staying home and, if you are feeling well, take your class online via Zoom.
2. Pickup and dropoff times. Students must arrive to class within 10 minutes prior to the start of the first class they are enrolled in and be picked up within 10 minutes of their last class. Do not drop off your child more than 10 minutes early or pick them up more than 10 minutes late without the express permission of the director.
3. Admittance to the building: Only students enrolled in classes will be admitted to the building. Parents, siblings, etc. will not be permitted inside. Prior to entering the building, a staff member will scan the student’s temperature read with a touchless thermometer. Any student with a temperature reading above 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit will be asked to return home and join the class via Zoom until they have been free of fever and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours.
4. Entering the building: Students will be asked to remove their shoes immediately upon entering the building and proceed directly to the dressing room without touching doors or other surfaces. Students will place their belongings in a designated area and immediately wash their hands with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds. All belongings must be kept in each student’s designated area. After washing their hands, students must go to their studio without delay.
5. Physical distancing in the studio: All personnel must maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from all other persons not in their immediate family while they are in, or in the vicinity of, the building. In the studio, students will be assigned places at the barre and in the center that are 10 feet apart in all directions. During Phase 2, maximum capacity will be 5 students and 1 instructor in each studio. During Phase 3, maximum capacity will increase to 9 students and 2 instructors in the downstairs studio and 6 students and 2 instructors in the upstairs studio.
6. Personal Protective Equipment in the studio: Please wear a mask when entering and exiting the building. Masks are not required during class. Masks and plastic face shields are available to all personnel.
7. Cleaning between classes. After every class in which there is a change of personnel either of students or of teachers, the studio will be cleaned and sanitized. Each student and staff member will have a designated cleaning task.
8. Personal items: all students will be required to bring a mat with them to the studio for floor work and to take all personal belongings home with them at the end of each day. Mats, shoes, etc. cannot be left at the studio.
You must answer “NO” to all the questions in this questionnaire in order to enter our physical location. If you answer “YES” to any of the questions, please DO NOT enter the studio. Call or email the office to let us know you will be taking class on Zoom.
If you experience any symptoms or answer “YES” to any of these questions, contact your health care professional for recommended next steps.
1) In the last 14 days have you:
a) Been in contact with someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19?
b) Been in close contact with someone who had COVID-19 symptoms?
c) Traveled internationally or taken a cruise?
2) Have you had either of the following symptoms in the last 24 hours?
b) shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
3) Have you had any TWO of the following symptoms in the last 24 hours?
a) fever (usually 100.4 or higher)
c) repeated shaking with chills
d) muscle pain
f) sore throat
g) new loss of taste or smell
If you answered “Yes” to question one, please DO NOT come into the studio. You should:
• Self- quarantine for at least 10 days from the date on which you first experienced any of the above symptoms ; AND
• Wait until you have had no fever for at least 3 days (without the use of fever-reducing medication) AND
• Improved respiratory symptoms (no cough, shortness of breath)
• Take class on Zoom if you are feeling well enough
ATTENDANCE: Students must register for all required classes in the course of study for their level. Regular attendance is expected. Students who are injured are required to watch class. Students who are ill are encouraged to stay home and get better. Absences need to be reported prior to the beginning of class. Please call the office if you will be absent. Students are encouraged to make up all absences. Please schedule make-ups with the office.
CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY: The Academy of Dance reserves the right to cancel or combine any class failing to meet minimum enrollment requirements. The studio closes in the event of heavy snow (following the Central Valley school district cancellation policy). If in doubt, please check our website for up to date notices of closures: spokaneacademyofdance.com
CLASS OBSERVATION: Parents are allowed to observe their children through the viewing windows of the studios. Upstairs classes may be observed through the balcony windows. Downstairs classes may only be observed from the lobby through the window. When observing upstairs, parents must take their place at the beginning of class and remain until the end. There can be no talking or sound producing items such as cell phones, beepers, or electronic games. Children may observe only if quiet and supervised by an adult.
CONFERENCES: The Director of the Academy is happy to speak with you regarding your child on matters pertaining to the school. Please schedule a conference time with the office.
DEPARTURE: Parents must arrange for their dancer to be picked up promptly after class. Often the staff must leave immediately after class. Do not assume that someone will be able to wait with your child until you arrive.
DEPOSITS AND FEES: The Registration Fee, Costume Deposit and Performance Fee are non-refundable.
DRESS CODE: Female students should arrive at and leave the studio with cover-ups over their leotards i.e. sweatpants and T-shirt or a simple pullover dress. Male students should wear warm-up pants over their tights. Students must dress in required class attire. Students will be asked to observe the class if they are not properly attired. Hair must be neatly up, secured away from the face and off the neck for jazz and in a bun with no bangs for ballet. No jewelry is to be worn. Dance shoes are not to be worn outside. Clearly mark shoes and class attire with dancer’s name. Unmarked items left at the school will be discarded after a month’s time. See your class assignment page for dress code requirements.
PROMPTNESS: Students must be prompt and ready to begin class on time. Lack of proper warm-up at the beginning of class can cause injuries. Late arrivals disrupt the class. Students will achieve better results in class if they arrive a few minutes early and take the time to be mentally and physically prepared for class. Students who are more than 5 minutes late to class may be asked to sit in the studio and observe class. Any student late for class should enter the studio and quietly wait by the door until the teacher signals them to join the class. This is considered good etiquette in the ballet world and is much less disruptive to the students who were on time.
STUDIO BEHAVIOR: Students and visitors are asked to be quiet and courteous in the building. No beverages except water are allowed in the studios. Food is only allowed in the dressing rooms for lengthy rehearsals or back-to-back classes. The telephone is for emergency calls only. No unsupervised children are allowed in the studio at any time.
TUITION: Tuition is payable by the quarter (4 payments) or by the month (10 payments). Monthly payments are due on the 1st day of the month. A late fee of $10 will be assessed if payment is not received by the 10th of the month for monthly payments or the tenth day following the payment date for each quarter. Statements are issued for delinquent accounts only. A 10% surcharge will be added to accounts that are more than 30 days late. An additional 10% will accrue on late accounts for every additional 30-day period that passes. Accounts that are delinquent for over 60 days may be referred to a collection agency and the dancer will not be allowed to take class until the account is brought current. Tuition credit will be given only in the event of certified medical illness or injury. A 30-day cancellation notice in the form of a Drop slip must be filed with the office if it is necessary for the student to discontinue classes. Tuition will apply until the end of the 30-day notice.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com