The types of personal information we may collect about you and/or your child(ren) include:
- images of you and/or your children
- contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number
- ages and/or dates of birth
- your credit card or payment details (through our third party payment processor
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms
- to contact and communicate with you
- for internal record keeping, administrative purposes, invoicing and billing purposes
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia.
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
By providing us with personal information, you acknowledge that some third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if any third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us via email – email@example.com
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us via email to email@example.com or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
TERMS and CONDITIONS
Eden Dance Institute (EDI) offers an all-inclusive fee structure, paid through direct debit on a monthly basis. For new starters, there is a minimum commitment of three months.
12 months of all-inclusive fees covers 38 weeks of term time lessons, one full set of dancewear per genre, one pair of shoes per genre and as dictated by the child’s dance program; performance opportunities, videography and exams. EDI will not replace dancewear or shoes that have been lost or outgrown.
Refunds will only be made where EDI cancels a class or where there is a long term illness or long term injury, subject to a doctor’s note. Full or partial refunds will not be issued where a student chooses not to, or is unable to participate in any inclusions that are part of their program. All other refunds will be at the discretion of EDI or otherwise permitted by Law.
Our all inclusive fee structure, includes where applicable (but is not limited to):
• Classwear/Uniform per 12 months of enrolment
• Footwear- one pair per genre, per 12 months of enrolment
• Performance opportunities
• Videography and Photography
• Examination fees where applicable
UNPAID OR LATE ACCOUNTS
In the event where direct debit payments fail, a $9 fee will be charged. The system will re-try every three days and the fee is applied for each failed attempt. To avoid fees, please let us know if you encounter difficulties before your payment is due so we can delay the payment.
In the event where you are invoiced for any additional expenses, late payments will have late fees applied. If deemed necessary, EDI will pass outstanding accounts to a debt collection agency, the cost of which will be added to your account.
Please note we do not offer refunds or pro-rated fees for absences.
Please make us aware of class absences as soon as possible. Where we are notified of an absence due to sickness 12 hours before a class and an absence due to travel 7 days before a class, a makeup class may be available. While every effort is made to accommodate make up classes, spaces in classes may not be available and cannot be guaranteed. Children may attend a maximum of two make up classes each term.
Participation in performance opportunities is expected and encouraged. There are no fee refunds or allowance for children who do not participate in the annual performance associated with their program.
PHOTOGRAPHY, VIDEOGRAPHY and ADVERTISING
Photos and videos of your children may be taken and used in advertising and promotional materials UNLESS you specify otherwise. To opt out, email firstname.lastname@example.org
CANCELLATION OF ENROLMENT BY EDI
Your enrolment at EDI will be cancelled where any of the following occurs:
• Fees remain unpaid
• You fail to comply with any reasonable direction issued by any staff member of EDI which compromises our ability to provide our services to students or compromises the safety and welfare of others students of EDI.
• You, or your child conducts themselves in a manner not in line with the values of EDI.
• If in our sole discretion EDI considers it is no longer appropriate to provide the services to you.
A minimum of three months of fees is required each calendar year.
If you wish to withdraw from EDI programs, one months written notice must be given, during this period your final monthly payment will be deducted by Eden Dance Institute.
Where a child has participated in the annual performance, both the November and December payments must be made, regardless of notice given before the performance.
CLASSWEAR AND APPEARANCE
Your child will be provided with suitable dancewear as part of their all inclusive fees. There may be a small delay in receiving the uniform where stock is limited or your child needs to be assessed in the level they are entering.
It is not compulsory for children to wear full uniform to class each week but there are minimum guidelines that must be followed:
1) Dancewear- Form fitting clothes must be worn to enable us to check body alignment. Children are permitted to wear crop tops for jazz and acro as long as the distance between the bottom of the crop top and top of leggings/shorts is no more than the width of the child's hand. Children in the junior, intermediate and senior ballet classes must wear a leotard for each class, with ballet skirt and tights optional.
2) Hair must be neat and tied up for all classes. Children in the junior, intermediate and senior ballet classes must have hair in a neat bun.
3) Footwear- Children in the Tippy Toes program may wear barefoot for acro, and other classes if they wish, with the exception of tap! Ballet, jazz and tap shoes will be provided at their first class (stock permitting).
4) Makeup is strictly prohibited at all classes and will not be used for performances until it is both developmentally appropriate and theatrics demand it.
STUDIO ETIQUETTE - TIPPY TOES PROGRAM
• Please understand that the sole purpose of allowing our parents into the studio in our Tippy Toes program is to PROVIDE SUPPORT for the dancer. This allows us to provide a supportive and nurturing environment for many children who would otherwise be unable to engage in dance.
• No mobile phones to be used in the studio during class time.
• It is not acceptable to come in and out of the studio once class has commenced.
• Please encourage your child to use the toilet before coming in to the studio.
• Please do not enter the studio while music is playing. If you are late to class please wait until a break in the music and settle your child on their mat as quickly as possible.
• Please do not talk to other parents during the class. This adds to the overall volume in the studio, becoming overwhelming, distracting and slowing down progress.
• Please try to limit the number of family members observing your child.
It is understandable that from time to time you may have ‘special guests’ wishing to observe the class, and this is totally acceptable. However, we do not have the capacity to have many people watching each child every week. If you have multiple siblings with you then please consider setting them up in the wait room or encouraging your dancer to come in to class independently.
• Please remove unsettled siblings immediately. If siblings must be present in the studio, please ensure they offer their chairs to adults and they have something to keep them occupied. Please do not allow siblings on to the dance floor.
• No food is permitted in the studio. Students are required to bring water to hydrate themselves during class.
• Please do not instruct your child from the seats. Your teacher will instruct their dancing, if they need behavioural support please come on to the dance floor and support them in a positive manner.
• Please do not bring sick children or their siblings to the studio. We have anumber of children who have a compromised immune system and we do not encourage the spreading of germs! If your child is unwell please drop me an email to email@example.com stating the alternative days you are available and we will do my upmost to find you a make-up spot!
STUDIO ETIQUETTE - JUNIOR, INTERMEDIATE AND SENIOR PROGRAMS
• Students in our Junior, Intermediate and Senior programs are expected to enter independently. Please do not enter the studio while music is playing- If your child is late to class please wait until a break in the music before having them enter and instruct them to do without causing disruption to the class.
• Please remind your child to visit the toilet before entering the studio.
• No food is permitted in the Studio. Students are required to bring water to hydrate themselves during class.
• During viewing weeks please do not talk during the class. This adds to the overall volume in the studio, becoming overwhelming, distracting and slowing down progress.
• During viewing weeks please remove unsettled siblings immediately. If siblings must be present in the studio, please ensure they offer their chairs to adults and they have something to keep them occupied. Please do not allow siblings on to the dance floor.
• Please do not bring sick children or their siblings to the studio. We have a number of children who have a compromised immune system and we do not encourage the spreading of germs! If your child is unwell please drop me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the alternative days you are available and we will do my upmost to find you a make-up spot.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com