RiverPointe Dance Academy
2023-2024 Seasonal Contract & Liability Waiver
- All account holders MUST have a valid debit or credit card on file in order to register a dancer for classes. If you enroll in auto pay, tuition will be charged to cards on file on the 1st of each month (August-May, regardless of attendance.) If you prefer not to pay tuition using auto pay, you must make arrangements with us prior to the start of the season, and tuition must be paid prior to the first of each month. (If you make prior arrangements to pay by check, cash, or a card used by you (through the parent portal, or at the studio desk) having a card on file is still required, but we will not enroll your account in auto pay).
- RPDA accepts cash, checks, and money orders for monthly tuition (PRIOR to the 1st of each month). A $25 returned check fee will be posted on your account if your check is returned for insufficient funds.
- RPDA also accepts credit/debit cards (Enrolling in auto pay will eliminate your transaction fee for monthly tuition). All RiverPointe account holders have 24-hour access to your accounts through DanceStudio-Pro (follow the link from our website at www.riverpointedance.com). If your card declines or expires and the card has not been updated by the 10th, a late fee of $35 will be applied to your account. Maintenance of the card’s expiration date is the account holder’s responsibility.
Our MAIN source of communication is via e-mail. Please verify your e-mail address through your DanceStudio-Pro parent portal.
___I understand that I am responsible for following all guidelines set forth in RPDA’s student handbook.
___ I understand that my LEVEL PLACED child’s class assignment for the 2023-2024 season has been determined by evaluation of his/her progress in the 2023-2024 season. I understand that if changes are necessary during the 2023-2024 season, RPDA staff will contact me.
____ I understand that my child’s schedule may not be altered, changed, or dropped after October 1 for 1st Semester (or February 1 for 2nd Semester).
___ I understand that RiverPointe is committed to keeping classes at an appropriate size for instruction and safety. I agree to RPDA’s class and tuition schedule and I commit to be responsible for tuition (August-December/January- May), for in-person or online/distance learning, whether or not my child is attending classes. I understand that RPDA generally follows the public school holiday schedule, but reserves the right to vary as necessary.
___ I agree to enforce RiverPointe’s dress code with my child (appropriate tights, leotard, class appropriate shoes, bun).
___ I agree to RiverPointe’s payment plan set up for recital costs. I agree to have my account clear (zero balance) by deadlines stated in the recital packet. I understand that if the balance is not paid by the set date that costumes will not be distributed to my child and that my child may not be permitted to participate in rehearsal/recital.
___ By NOT signing the “Opt Out” form by October 1, 2023/February 1, 2024, I am confirming that my child WILL participate in RPDA’s dress rehearsal(s) and Recitals and I am assuming responsibility for all fees related to recital, including costumes.
___My child WILL participate in a full dress rehearsal. I understand that if for some reason my child does NOT participate in dress rehearsal, he/she will NOT be allowed to participate in the recital regardless of account status and class attendance. (A full dress rehearsal includes costume, proper tights for each costume, proper shoes, stage ready makeup and bun.)
___This registration agreement constitutes a contract between myself and RPDA and I understand that I am paying for the reserved studio space by signing below (electronically), I do hereby agree that I am obligated to pay the tuition for the entire semester (through December) regardless of attendance.
___I understand that if my child returns to class in January, this contract is automatically extended through May and account holder assumes all recital related costs/commitments.
___ I understand that RPDA will take all possible precautions to preserve and protect the health of students and their families. I further understand that attending class(es) and events hosted by RPDA is an at-will activity, meaning participation is voluntary and done at the risk of the participant and their guardian(s). This in additional provision to the waiver of liability and hold harmless agreement, specifically regarding exposure to COVID-19 that could and might occur in any public gathering, including those sponsored and/or hosted by RPDA.
RPDA will make every effort to abide by all guidelines set forth by local and state governments as they relate to the COVID-19 pandemic. RPDA intends to provide in-person dance classes with whatever accommodations are necessary to do so safely throughout the 2023-2024 season. In the event that we are not able to provide in-person dance classes, we reserve the right to provide dance education through distance learning platforms. ___ I understand that if RPDA elects to transition to online learning, all parties are obligated to honor the provisions of this contract, including but not limited to, but including monthly tuition and recital related fees.
(RPDA is not responsible for the lack of and/or quality of internet access available to account holders and/or students.)
**My electronic signature confirms that I have read, understood and will abide by all rules and conditions set by RiverPointe Dance Academy.**
RiverPointe Dance Academy, LLC (RPDA)
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT; PHOTOGRAPHY, VIDEOGRAPHY, AND SOCIAL MEDIA RELEASE
1. In consideration for participating in _______________________________________________ and other valuable consideration, I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND CONVENANT NOT TO SUE RiverPointe Dance Academy, Bridgett Hunt, or others instructors, and employees (hereinafter referred to as RELEASEES) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me or my child / dependent, or to any property belonging to me or my child / dependent, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, or otherwise, while participating in such activity, or while in, on or upon the premises where the activity is being conducted or in transportation to and from said premises.
2. To the best of my knowledge, I and or my child / dependent can fully participate in this activity. I am fully aware of risks and hazards connected with the activity, including but not limited to the risks as noted herein, and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate and or allow my child / dependent to participate in said activity, and to enter the above-named premises and engage in such activity knowing that the activity may be hazardous to me and my property. I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by me or my child or dependent, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of being engaged in such an activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise.
3. I further hereby AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorney's fees, that may incur due to my participation in said activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise.
4. It is my express intent that this Release and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of my family and spouse (if any), if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am not alive, shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the above named RELEASEES. I hereby further agree that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Mississippi.
5. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE RIVERPOINTE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MEDICAL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH AN INJURY I MAY SUSTAIN.
6. I further agree to become familiar with the rules and regulations of RiverPointe concerning student conduct and not to violate said rules of any directive or instruction made by the person or persons in charge of said activity and that I will further assume the complete risk of any activity done in violation of any rule or directive or instruction.
7. I also understand that my personal health and accident insurance to shall be responsible for any personal injury to myself or my child / dependent which may be sustained during the activity or the transportation to and from said activity.
8. I understand that in the event medical intervention is needed every attempt will be made to contact the person(s) on the student’s Dance Studio Pro Parent Portal. In the event next of kin cannot be contacted, for the health and well-being of my child (or myself) I hereby authorize the administrator, staff person, or instructor of RPDA to authorize whatever medical treatment that might be necessary in an emergency situation.
9. I hereby grant RPDA, its employees, agents, and assignees, the right and permission to photograph or video my child(ren) during classes, rehearsals, performances, or any other RPDA sanctioned function. I understand that pictures and videos may be used in any RPDA publication, display within the studio, published to our website, www.riverpointedance.com, or posted to the social media sites maintained and monitored by RPDA staff. We reserve all rights to any and all electronic/media produced for or by RPDA.
IN SIGNING THIS RELEASE (electronically), I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this Release for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.