Terms & Conditions of Enrollment
All students must have a completed online registration form on https://dancestudio-pro.com/online/jspa. Completion of online registration indicates that parents/guardians agree and commit to the following:
Most correspondence will be made through email. Please add: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list so emails don’t get lost in Junk Mail.
It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to communicate to the office via email and amend their online registration information any changes they make in personal details.
Telephone number: 599-1406
WhatsApp groups may be formed with students of senior classes and will be monitored by the teachers. Follow us on social media!
Facebook: Jackson’s School of Performing Arts
Pictures/videos of students in class, rehearsals and performances are often shared on social media and in other forms of marketing. It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to notify the office via email and amend their online registration information if they do not give consent. Otherwise, consent is assumed.
JSPA runs three consecutive terms: Term 1: September – December Term 2: January – March
Term 3: April – June
See the Term Dates document for details
Students enrolled in Term 1 will automatically be enrolled in their same classes for Term 2 and 3 unless changes are communicated in writing.
Please see the Class Schedule document for a detailed list of classes offered at JSPA.
JSPA reserves the right to consolidate or cancel classes at any time and for any reason. Students enrolled in cancelled classes can choose to change classes or be refunded any paid fees.
● If a single class must be cancelled due to teacher absence, JSPA will provide a makeup class during the first week of each term holiday.
● On rare occasions, an island-wide event may cause major disruption to the JSPA schedule. In these cases, JSPA reserves the right to reschedule classes.
● JSPA is not responsible for making up classes due to National Holidays.
● All students are to be dressed appropriately at the commencement of class with their hair in a suitable style. No jewelry is to be worn during class except for small stud earrings. No outside shoes are to be worn inside the studio at any time. This includes sneakers used for hip-hop. Hip-hop sneakers should be reserved for indoor use only!
Creative Movement: Any dance attire, bare feet, hair up
Ballet/Tap Combo: Solid colour leotard or ballet dress, tights optional, pink ballet shoes, black
tap shoes, hair up
Ballet/Jazz Combo: Solid colour leotard or ballet dress, tights optional, pink ballet shoes, caramel jazz shoes, hair up
Tap/Hip Hop Combo: Solid colour leotard, black dance shorts or leggings optional, black tap shoes, black hiphop sneakers, hair up
Ballet and Pointe: Solid colour leotard, pink tights, pink ballet/pointe shoes, hair in bun Jazz: Solid colour leotard, black dance shorts/leggings, caramel jazz shoes, hair up
Tap: Solid colour leotard, black dance shorts/leggings, black tap shoes, hair up Modern: Solid colour leotard, black dance shorts/leggings, barefoot, hair up
Hip-Hop: Solid colour leotard, or JSPA t-shirt, black shorts/leggings, hip-hop sneakers, hair up
Adult Dance/Barre/Pilates: Any fitness attire that is comfortable to move in, shoes for specific
● Any dancer not adhering to our uniform policy or shoe requirements may result in them not being able to participate in class.
● Students are kindly asked to wait outside the class or in the changing rooms until their class is due to commence.
● All students must be punctual to class. If a student arrives after a class warm-up has begun, he/she may be asked to observe class for safety reasons.
● Only students whose names are on the registers will be allowed to participate in the class. Parents/guardians/visitors are not allowed to sit in the class while the class is being conducted
● A parent/guardian should report all absences prior to class by phone or email. JSPA cannot accommodate students who miss class.
● Any student wishing to partake in the recital must attend all classes and scheduled rehearsals during Rehearsal Week at City Hall.
● Students are responsible for learning choreography for any classes missed. If a student misses more than two classes and is unable to learn missed choreography, the teacher reserves the right to decide whether or not the student will participate in the recital.
Food, drinks (other than water), chewing gum and smoking are not permitted inside the school.
JSPA is a child-centered business which provides a safe, nurturing and positive dance environment. Students are expected to be respectful of themselves, their peers and the facility, and must behave appropriately in order to maintain this environment. Parents are requested to ensure that their children are well behaved. General misbehavior will not be tolerated, and parents/guardians will be contacted if their child is causing any concerns. If negative behaviour continues, the student will be asked to leave and fees will be forfeited.
Students causing damages to premises will be held liable.
Personal Belongings, Injury & Safety
Please label all personal belongings. There is a lost and found box in the building which is emptied periodically. Any sentimental or expensive items will be kept in the office. JSPA and its teachers are not responsible for any loss or damage of personal property of students. Personal property is brought to class at the student’s own risk.
Any injury/illness that may restrict or hinder a student must be reported to the teacher prior to class. It is recommended that injured students observe classes in which they cannot partake.
If a student arrives after a class warm-up has begun, he/she may be asked to observe class for safety reasons.
JSPA teachers are trained in injury prevention and accommodations. However, as with all physical activity, there is an element of risk. JSPA is not responsible for any injury that occurs at the dance school.
All rights including copyright of website content are held by JSPA
In accessing JSPA’s web pages you agree that you will access the contents solely for your own private and/ or educational use but not for any commercial use. You undertake not to copy, store in any medium, distribute, transmit, retransmit, broadcast, modify or show in public any part of JSPA’s website without the prior written permission from JSPA in accordance with the copyright.
No cameras or video recording equipment are allowed in class, unless written permission has been granted by JSPA. All photographs and videos taken by JSPA during classes, rehearsals and performances are under the copyright of JSPA.
● Students are not permitted to make any public performance or post videos of any JSPA choreography without prior written permission from JSPA. Doing so will result in immediate dismissal and fees will be forfeited.
● Term 3 concludes with a 4-night recital at the end of June.
● It is assumed that all students will participate in the summer recital, unless written communication is sent to the school via email.
● Costumes are required for the recital and the fees are divided amongst the first two terms (see next section).
● All fees must be paid before the recital. Any outstanding balances will result in a dancer not being able to participate in the recital. Dancers will not receive costumes until all fees are current.
● Any items purchased by JSPA and borrowed by students must be returned at the end of the show. Students will be billed for any items not returned.
● Recital tickets will be sold online at www.bdatix.bm prior to our shows. Refunds/exchanges will not be made on any purchased tickets. If for any unforeseen circumstances the show must be postponed, such as weather, tickets will not be refunded but will be honored on a new date.
Costumes and Costume Fees
● Students will be charged a costume fee of $60 per class, for Terms 1 and 2. No costume fee will be charged during Term 3.
● All dancers will be charged this fee unless written communication is given at time of registration. If a parent/guardian advises that their child will not be participating in the recital after Term 2 registration, costumes must be paid for in full.
● During Term 3, an email will be sent out for costumes to be collected by a deadline. This deadline is to ensure all costumes and accessories are accounted for each child. If costumes are not collected by this deadline, JSPA cannot guarantee the resizing or reordering of costumes.
● Costumes will not be handed out to students until all fees are up-to-date.
Conditions of Payment
● Payments may be made via cash, debit/credit card or direct deposit only. Online direct deposit payments should be made to the following account: Butterfield Bank, Jackson School of Dance, Account # 20006060164873100. Please note the name of the dancer within your payment details.
● JSPA does not accept cheques.
● It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure that the dancer’s account is up to date. JSPA is not obligated to send reminder invoices.
● No refunds under any circumstances will be given for missed classes.
● Upon registration, dancers shall be charged for each consecutive term until JSPA receives written notification of withdrawal/termination.
● Should JSPA be subject to any charges/fees as a result of any payments being declined, incorrect or invalid payment details, unauthorized cancellations etc., you will be liable to pay JSPA this amount within 30 days.
● Term fees are due no later than the due date specified on the Term Dates document. All fees not paid within this time will incur a non-refundable late fee of 5% of their account balance. Students will not be able to take class until fees are up to date.
● Accounts with outstanding tuition at the end of each term shall be submitted to the Bermuda Credit Association for collection.
● Refunds are available upon request to the Director and pending approval under certain circumstances. Refunds will not be given if a student elects not to participate in class registered.
● Discounts will be applied to students taking more than one class. See the Tuition Schedule document for details.
● JSPA reserves the right to apply discounts and scholarships which can only be awarded to accounts in good standing.
● JSPA will not pro-rate any fees for classes missed due to travel, illness or non-participation.
In consideration of a child’s enrollment at JSPA, parents/guardians agree to be responsible for any damages incurred by their child/children, including but not limited to the facilities, dance studio and all the fixtures and fastenings within the space.
In consideration of a child’s enrollment at JSPA, parents/guardians agree to waive, release and absolve, indemnify and hold harmless Jacksons School Holdings and its directors, employees and volunteers from any and all liability arising therefrom, including, without limitation, loss or damage of personal property and damages for bodily injury which may arise from a child’s participation in such lessons.
● This agreement is subject to termination by JSPA at any time with notice. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, please cease registration.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com