Welcome to Funk It Up Dance School!
We need you to answer this to make sure you are a person and not spam.
You must be over 18 to register for an account
Funk It Up Dance School
By enrolling yourself or your child at Funk It Up Dance School, you confirm that you accept the terms and conditions below.
How we work
• Students can have one free trial class with no obligation to join.
• Students wishing to apply for a place at the school are asked to enrol online.
• Once a student is enrolled in a class, they will keep their place, and it will be assumed they are still committed to attending, unless the parent/student informs us otherwise by email. Unlike our previous booking system, there is no need to re-register for classes with each new term.
• Please make us aware of any changes of contact details by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as otherwise you might miss important information from us.
• The student or parent must notify Funk It Up Dance School with 4 weeks notice in writing, if wishing to cancel their place in a class. Failure to do so will result in the student being charged for the next 4 weeks class fees.
• All students are expected to arrive on time for class wherever possible.
• We ask parents to bring and collect their children promptly and provide us with written details of changes in drop off/ pick up arrangements (these will be detailed in 'Notes' section of portal, under each student's record)
• Students should try to attend all of their classes to ensure they receive well rounded training.
• Please bring water in a closed bottle to keep hydrated.
• We encourage Funk It Up Uniform to be worn to all classes. This creates a sense of Team and Unity.
• No loose jewellery is to be worn to class.
• Mobile phones must be put on silent during class to avoid distraction, and must not be used to film other students under the age of 18.
• Please do not bring valuables; Funk It Up Dance School does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to property left on the premises.
• No chewing of gum or eating food in class.
• Students are expected to behave in a polite and respectful manner to teachers and peers at all times. This will ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone.
• Poor behaviour will not be tolerated and in extreme cases will result in students being asked to leave the school.
• Parents and students should be aware that due to the nature of dance, it may be necessary for the teachers to use physical contact when training dancers, for example to correct posture or give physical guidance on a movement.
• All fees are payable prior to the start of term with the exclusion of drop in classes. Late payment may result in the student being excluded from the class and their place being offered to someone else.
• A 10% discount is offered to families whose siblings attend the school.
• A 10% discount is offered to students who attend more than one class each week.
• Recommend-a-Friend - For every friend you refer to us, who joins and makes payment for their first term, you will receive a 10% discount off your child’s fees for the following term. Plus your friend receives 10% discount off their second term too! The discount is cumulative so if you refer 2 friends in a term then that’s 20% discount for you in the subsequent term.
• For those students taking part in our Annual Summer Showcase, a Performance Fee (between £6 and £10) will be added to the term's class fees to cover Technical & Dress Rehearsal costs on show day.
• The school reserves the right to amend or alter fees and classes as and when necessary. In either case you will be notified in advance.
• Should any student wish to discontinue any class or leave the school, refunds for any unused classes will not be given with the exception of a long term medical condition with a doctor’s note.
• Should classes have to cancel due to circumstances out of the schools control such as extreme weather or crisis, fees will not be refunded or compensation given.
• The information you provide to Funk It Up Dance School is for internal administration and marketing purposes only; it will not be shared to third parties.
• Photographs and videos of classes and performances are regularly taken to assist in the teaching of classes and for promotional purposes. By enrolling, you consent to this. If you do not wish you or your child to be videoed or photographed please inform Funk It Up Dance School in writing.
Specific Waiver for Adult Classes:
I hereby confirm that I am in good health and capable of participating in the physical activities included in this class. I therefore release Funk It Up Dance School from all liability for personal injury, illness or property damage.
I authorise Funk It Up Dance School to seek medical treatment at the nearest medical facility and they may call paramedics and discharge me to an ambulance if I am unable to authorise in the case of a medical emergency.
On the odd occasion Funk It Up Dance School may ask to take pictures or videos for promotional purposes only. I hereby give permission for them to use my image.
Accept if you are happy with us to contact you by email or text, with information about classes and workshops which we feel may be of interest to you.
You may withdraw this consent at any time by emailing email@example.com
In accordance with our Child Protection Policy we will not permit photographs, video or other images of young people to be taken without the consent of the young person, or the parent if the child is under 16. Funk It Up Dance School will take all steps to ensure these images are used solely for the purposes they are intended. If you become aware that these images are being used inappropriately you should inform Funk It Up Dance School immediately.
Please read the following statements, and tick the box if you agree to these statements:
* I give permission for myself / my child's class to periodically be videoed by the teacher, to aid in teaching technique or to enable student's practise at home. These videos will not be shared publicly
* I give permission for myself / my child’s photograph to be used within Funk It Up Dance School emailed and printed publications, and visual displays
* I give permission for myself / my child’s photograph to be used on the Funk It Up Dance School website
* I give permission for myself / my child to be videoed for use on the Funk It Up Dance School website
* I give permission for myself / my child’s photograph to be used only on Funk It Up Dance School social media pages
* I give permission for myself / my child to be videoed for use only on the Funk It Up Dance School social media pages
Specific consent relevant to Funk It Up Dance School shows/performances:
* I give permission for myself / my child’s name to be included within Funk It Up Dance School printed show programmes
* I give permission for myself / my child’s photograph to be taken by our professional show photographer
* I give permission for myself / my child's show performance to be videoed by our professional videographer
Photographs and videos of classes and performances are regularly taken to assist in the teaching of classes and for promotional purposes. By enrolling, you consent to this. If you do not wish your child to be videoed or photographed, please inform Funk It Up Dance School in writing immediately.
The information you provide to Funk It Up Dance School is for internal administration and marketing purposes only; it will not be shared to third parties.
I give permission for Funk It Up Dance School to contact me by email, to update me regarding class times/dates/general class information & future events. You can of course withdraw this permission at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com