𝘼𝙎𝙎𝙐𝙈𝙋𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉 𝙊𝙁 𝙍𝙄𝙎𝙆 & 𝙒𝘼𝙄𝙑𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙁 𝙇𝙄𝘼𝘽𝙄𝙇𝙄𝙏𝙔 𝙍𝙀𝙇𝘼𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙏𝙊 𝘾𝙊𝙍𝙊𝙉𝘼 𝙑𝙄𝙍𝙐𝙎/𝘾𝙊𝙑𝙄𝘿-𝟭𝟵
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending class, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending class may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to employees, volunteers, and participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including but not limited to personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind (the “claims”), that I or my child(ren)’s attendance at class. On my behalf, and on behalf of my child(ren), I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Encore Dance CT, LLC, it’s employees, agents, and representatives of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Encore Dance CT, LLC, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after attending Encore dance classes during the 2020-2021 season.
I have read this Agreement of Risk and Waiver of Liability and fully understand its terms and voluntarily accept them and, if a parent or legal guardian, also voluntarily accept them on behalf of the minor participant.
I acknowledge that I am the parent/guardian with legal responsibility for the above-referenced participant(s) and I am authorized to legally bind him/her. I also acknowledge that any program provided by Encore Dance CT, LLC, like any athletic pursuit, involves a certain amount of risk of injury. I also acknowledge that dance is an art form that requires teachers and instructors to be able to have appropriate physical contact for the purpose of making technical corrections. With this understanding and in consideration for the provision of Encore Dance programs and services, I permit my child/children to participate in Encore Dance programs and, on behalf of myself and/or my participating children, I:
(1) Agree to assume all risk, bear all responsibility, to indemnify, hold harmless and covenant not to sue Encore Dance, its agents, representatives, officers, and employees, from or for any and all claims (including, but not limited to claims of negligence or carelessness), causes of action, suits, proceedings, liabilities, judgments, awards, losses (including, but not limited to, loss of personal property) and damages, including costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees related thereto, arising out of, resulting from or in any way related to or connected with (i) my/his/her participation in or attendance at Encore Dance programs.
(2) Forever release and discharge Encore Dance, its agents, representatives, officers, and employees, from and against any and all claims (including, but not limited to claims of negligence or carelessness), causes of action, suits, proceedings, liabilities, judgments, awards, losses (including, but not limited to, loss of personal property) and damages, including costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees related thereto, arising out of, resulting from or in any way related to or connected with (i) my/his/her participation in or attendance at Encore Dance programs (no matter where such programs are located), and (ii) occurrences at or around property, facilities or programs.
(3) Consent to appropriate physical contact.
As parent/guardian with legal responsibility for your dancer, I hereby:
(1) Certify that he/she is in proper physical condition to participate in Encore Dance programs and he/she has been examined by a licensed physician and found to be in proper physical condition to participate in Encore Dance programs.
(2) Consent for (i) Encore Dance to render first aid to him/her in case of illness or injury, and (ii) for any emergency examination and medical treatment as approved by Encore Dance or other adult escort or chaperone in case of illness or injury where I cannot be reached in time to authorize the treating physician to provide such medical treatment. I understand that this is to prevent undue delay and to assure prompt treatment.
(3) Acknowledge that I am responsible for any medical expenses and that the absence of health insurance does not make Encore Dance responsible for payment of medical expenses. I have declared any physical/mental problems, restrictions or conditions and declare the participant to be in good physical and mental health. Please inform the office if there are any other possible issues, for example, social/emotional/learning disorders or any allergies (please remember that our dancers eat snack on-site before performances) or medical/physical conditions the staff should be aware of:
Parents will be notified in case of serious illness or injury as quickly as they can be reached, but this information will make immediate treatment possible.
𝗖𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗗𝗨𝗖𝗧:
Proper behavior in class is imperative to the learning environment. Students must be respectful of their teacher and their peers so that we may create a nurturing atmosphere. Excessive talking, running, tardiness or inappropriate behavior is considered disruptive and can be cause for suspension or dismissal from the program. One of the greatest benefits of our school is the opportunity for younger kids to bond with our older dancers - especially at showtime. Our older dancers are role-models for our younger dancers. For everyone’s safety and well-being, use of illegal substances of any kind, including but not limited to; vaping paraphernalia, alcohol, and drugs will result in immediate dismissal from Encore without a refund.
Please discuss this code of conduct with your dancer. In the event that an issue arises the teacher will contact parents to discuss the situation prior to disciplinary action.
Our classes are phone-free zones. Dancers will have an opportunity to video choreography at the end of class.
Black dance pants or leggings with a black t-shirt or Encore t-shirt. This year, we are moving to black sneakers/dance shoes, however, we do not want to create a hardship for anyone so when your child outgrows hers, please buy black sneakers or dance sneakers. PLEASE HAVE LONG HAIR PULLED BACK as hair in the face is very distracting for the dancer. NO GUM as this is a choking hazard.
We do not necessarily follow district cancellations and weather related decisions. We will communicate any weather related cancellations with you in a timely fashion via the following methods:
Studio wide email or
Studio wide text message
Participation in our Holiday Show and annual Spring Revue is not required but is encouraged. A costume fee will be charged for any performance your child participates in.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com