When registering a child, you must be over 18 yrs and current Parent/Legal Guardian.
A Debit/Credit card or Checking/Savings Account (ACH) must be added to your account BEFORE you can actually register for classes, however DES offers other payment options (cash/check/venmo) and the card on file never has to be charged.
I understand that Credit/Debit Card payment transactions, for tuition/fees are optional.
I understand that DES offers additional payment options that do not require a processing fee.
These options are Cash/Check payments and a card payment thru the VENMO app (@dnzrsedgestudios-UT).
I understand if I choose to pay my tuition/fees thru the portal or thru auto pay, that a convenience fee will be added to each payment processed.
I understand the convenience fee for Credit/Debit card payments will be added at the time automatic withdrawal and will be included with my automatic payment. I understand that it is my responsibility to chose my payment method for automatic withdrawal before the 7th of each month. I understand that I am responsible for any Credit or Debit card charge backs and/or any check returns, as well as the fees associated with it.
Canceled Class Policy
Classes may be cancelled due to inclement weather. These classes may not be refunded or rescheduled.
I understand that in the event that my account falls delinquent and collection processes must be taken, I will be held responsible for all fees incurred during this process. This includes, but not limited to: late fees, collection fees, small claims fees, and attorney fees.
Each Costume Deposit Amount (2 equal deposits)
$100.00/student - each Dance class
$80.00/student - each Tumbling Class
• The 1st costume deposit is due by September 7th
• The 2nd costume deposit is due by October 7th
There will be (2) recitals, each with a recital fee per student:
• The Winter recital fee - $25.00/student is due November 1st
• The Year End recital fee - $25.00/student is due April 1st
• Cards will be automatically charged the day after the due date on any accounts with an outstanding costume balance.
• It is understood that every student (dance & tumbling) will participate in the recitals - therefore a costume will be ordered for them.
• Each family will be charged a recital fee, whether students perform or not, as the fees are divided by all students equally.
• Once costumes/uniforms are ordered (Oct. 1st) they are non-refundable-non/transferable.
• Tumbling uniforms are new each year, so past tumbling students will purchase a new uniform for this year.
• Anyone not sized by 10/13, will have a $25.00 rush fee added to their account and we will not be able to guarantee a costume will be here in time for the winter performances/recital
• Costumes are NOT individually made, so because all bodies are different, costumes will fit differently. We order the size that will be the best fit for their own body type, but know sometimes this means costumes can come a bit large/long. Please ask for direction on how you can get them altered if wanted.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and persons with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting and/or participating in the Activities at the Company, you, any minor child(ren) and ward(s) voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
I agree that the Company will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing an obligation under this Agreement that is due to any of the following causes, to the extent beyond its reasonable control: acts of God, accident, riots, war, terrorist act, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, civil commotion, breakdown of communication facilities, breakdown of web host, breakdown of internet service provider, natural catastrophes, governmental acts or omissions, changes in laws or regulations, national strikes, fire, explosion, generalized lack of availability of raw materials or energy.
For the avoidance of doubt, Force Majeure shall not include (a) financial distress nor the inability of either party to make a profit or avoid a financial loss, (b) changes in market prices or conditions, or (c) a party's financial inability to perform its obligations hereunder.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Utah. Any dispute related to this Agreement shall be submitted to binding arbitration in Salt Lake City, Utah. Notice of any claim requiring arbitration shall be submitted to the American Arbitration Association and one arbitrator shall be chosen in accordance with AAA's standard procedures. The parties agree that for any matter requiring judicial intervention jurisdiction and venue will be the State and Federal courts of Salt Lake County, Utah. All claims or causes of action related to this Agreement or the Services must be brought within one year of such the initial event that gave rise to such claim or cause of action, or the same will be barred, cannot be brought or enforced against the Companies and of no further force and effect.
If any provision or part thereof of this Agreement is held to be invalid, void or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision or part thereof shall be deemed modified to conform to applicable law, or if this would cause an illogical or unreasonable result, such provision or part thereof shall be stricken from this Agreement without affecting the binding force or effect of any other part or provision.
This Agreement, with the relevant specific provisions for Services used, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all previous agreements and understandings, whether oral or written, between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement. No representative of the Companies may make oral modifications or amendments to this Agreement. Only written modifications signed by an executive of Dancers Edge Studios will be valid.
By signing below, I certify that: (1) I have fully and completely read and understand this Agreement; (2) I am 18 years of age or older; (3) I am the guardian of the minor child(ren) or ward(s) participating in the Activities; (4) the information provided is true and complete; (5) I will be financially responsible for all costs associated with the Activities, and (5) I consent and agree to all of the foregoing on behalf of myself and my minor child(ren) or ward(s).
I agree to indemnify and hold each of the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, including but not limited to claims based on negligence, made or incurred by anyone, including myself, arising out of or in any way connected with the representations I have made in this Agreement or the child's or ward's participation in the Activities, wherever such activities may occur and whether suffered before, during or after such participation, including, but not limited to, all attorneys' fees and costs incurred up through and including any appeals. I understand and agree that I am not relying on the Released Parties to have arranged for, or carry, any insurance of any kind for my benefit or that of the child or ward relative to the child's or ward's participation in the Activities, and that I am solely responsible for obtaining any mandatory or desired life, travel, accident, property, or other insurance related to the child's or ward's participation in the Activities, at my own expense.
I expressly agree that the Release and Indemnity provided for in this Agreement shall cover all physical and emotional injuries and/or damages, including without limitation all bodily injury (including death) and property damage, whether suffered by me, the child or ward, or anyone else before, during or after participation. Additionally, I expressly agree that the scope of the Release and Indemnity shall include any claims related, in whole or in part, to my own actions, the actions of the child or ward, any third parties or in any way related to the use of any equipment or property, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable.
The undersigned gives permission to Dancers Edge Studios, its owners and operators to seek medical treatment for the participant in the event they are not able to reach a parent or guardian. I hereby declare any physical/mental problems, restrictions, or condition and/or declare the participant to be in good physical and mental health.
You will receive all monthly newsletters, notes etc. via your Email, Parent Portal and the DES APP. Please add our email address to your contacts list asap so correspondences go to your inbox (email@example.com)
ALL correspondences will be sent to your email address(s) that you gave on your registration forms. If you would like studio information to go to any additional email addresses, please let us know. If your email address changes at any time, it is your responsibility to get us your new email information. If you do not receive your newsletter email, please check your spam mailbox and then add the email address so you will start receiving them in your inbox. These newsletters contain very important information that must be read each month.
It is your responsibility to read the newsletters each month, in its entirety, to know what is going on and to stay up to date with studio happenings. Everything is also always on the website calendar. To get specific information on an event on the studio website calendar, you must double click on the item or the (+) sign. If you are ever unable to pull up the newsletter, please email to let us know and we can also send it to you again.
I understand that in order to officially register my child(ren), I must put a debit/credit card or an ACH on file.
I also understand the Registration fee/per child will be automatically charged to the card I put on file.
*please see monthly tuition/fees policy, as those do not have to be charged to card on file.
By signing below, I acknowledge that these required policies, terms, conditions, and agreements (collectively the "Agreement") is binding and that my use, or use by any minor child(ren) or ward(s) is dependent upon my signing of this Agreement. If I do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, I may not use or access-or allow any minor child(ren) or ward(s) to use or access-the Activities or to the Company.
I acknowledge that participation in dance/tumbling classes (the "Activities") at Dancers Edge Studios (the "Company") can be physically demanding and that my child's or ward's participation in the Activities is entirely voluntary. I agree, on behalf of my child or ward, to forever waive, release, covenant not to sue and discharge the owners, operators, employees and agents (the "Released Parties") from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of every kind, including claims based on negligence, arising out of or in any way connected to my child's or ward's participation in the Activities, including without limitation, all claims and causes of action based on or associated with any and all risks which are inherent in, or are in any way related to, his or her participation in the Activities. I understand that such risks include, but are not limited to, collisions with persons and/or objects, slippery and/or wet surfaces, injuries from falls, muscle injuries, neck injuries, back injuries, nerve compression, brain damage, paralysis, loss of teeth, concussions, heat and stress related issues, cuts, lacerations, sprains, broken bones and death, contraction of infectious diseases, as well as property damage and loss by theft or otherwise. Further on behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, personal representatives, administrators and assigns, I hereby forever waive, release, covenant not to sue, and discharge the Released Parties from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of every kind, including claims based on negligence, arising out of or in any way connected to my child's or ward's participation in the Activities. I represent to the Released Parties that my child or ward is in good health and suffers from no physical impairment or defect which might limit my child's or ward's ability to participate in the Activities.
I further grant the Released Parties the right to photograph, record and/or videotape my child or ward and further to display, edit, use and/or otherwise exploit my child's or ward's name, face, likeness, voice, and appearance, in all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, (including, without limitation, in computer or other device applications, online webcasts, television programming, motion pictures, films, newspapers, magazines, and social media) and in all forms including, without limitation, digitized images or video, throughout the universe in perpetuity, whether for advertising, publicity, or promotional purposes, or for any other commercial purposes, including, without limitation, publication of the Activities, without compensation, residual obligations, reservation or limitation, or further approval, and I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties for any Claims associated with such grant and right to use. The Released Parties are, however, under no obligation to exercise any rights granted herein.
CLASS DRESS CODE:
As a reminder, all DES classes have their own class dress code requirements
- All students must be in correct dress code, to be able to participate in classes (see below)
- We recommend visiting OnStage Dancewear in Taylorsville for all of your dance shoes, they have a list of our preferred dance shoes in stock and are great with helping you find the perfect fit!
"STAR" COMBO Classes:
- Any single color/style leotard/biketard
- Pink tights
- Optional: ATTACHED skirt (should not be detached or the kids play with them)
- Pulled up in ponytail or bun
- Pink Ballet shoes - canvas or leather
* Walmart "Ballet Shoes/Slippers" are NOT permitted in classes/performances
- ALL BLACK Leotards (any style)
- Pink tights
- Ballet bun preferred
- Pink Hanami Stretch Canvas Ballet Shoes
JAZZ + MUSICAL THEATRE Classes: Dazzlers, Juniors, Musical Theatre I + Hot Shots, All Jazz Technique AND
CONTEMPORARY Classes: I, II, III
- Any color/style leotard or fitted tank
- Leggings/fitted shorts
- No baggy clothes
- Pulled up in ponytail or bun
- Capezio Nude Leather Pirouette II
HIP HOP Classes: Tots, Shorties, Funky Bunch, Beats, Crew
- Sweat pants, leggings, dance shorts, harem hip hop pants (NO jeans)
- Tank top, t-shirt, leo/biketard
- Pulled up in ponytail or bun
- Athletic shoes- Must tie (you will use your own shoes for class and performances)
- Any color/style leotard
- Fitted tank or tshirt
- Leggings/fitted shorts
- Pulled up in ponytail or bun
- Dance class tap shoes
- Any color/style Leotard/biketard
- Fitted tank
* No loose fitting clothing for tumbling. It creates a hazard to our instructors when assisting in spotting.
- Pulled out of face in ponytail
- Bare feet
- Any color/style fitted shirts
- All black biker shorts or leggings
* No jewelry
- Hair pulled back in ponytail
- Athletic gym shoes until Cheer shoes are provided
MALE Dancers + Tumblers
- Any color/style joggers, athletic shorts
- Any shirt
- Athletic shoes
- Any color/style athletic shorts or pants
- Any shirt
- Dance Class Tap Shoes
- Any color/style athletic shorts/pants
- Form fitted shirt/tank
- Bare feet
Registration is NON-REFUNDABLE and due at the time of each seasons registration
- Summer Registration (June - Aug): $40.00 per student (max $120/family)
- Academic Dance Season Registration (Sept – May): 45.00 per student (max $135/family)
Monthly Tuition PER CHILD:
30 min/wk $30.00 per month
45 min/wk $45.00 per month
1.0 hr /wk. $50.00 per month
1.5 hrs/wk $70.00 per month
2.0 hrs/wk $80.00 per month
2.5 hrs/wk $90.00 per month
3.0 hrs/wk $100.00 per month
3.5 hrs/wk $110.00 per month
4.0 hrs/wk $120.00 per month
4:5 hrs/wk $130.00 per month
5.0 hrs/wk $140.00 per month
5.5 hrs/wk $150.00 per month
6.0 hrs/wk $160.00 per month
6.5 hrs/wk $170.00 per month
7.0 hrs/wk $180.00 per month
Family Discount: When 2+ children, from the same immediate family, under 18 yrs old, are taking classes with DES, a $5.00 discount is applied to the monthly tuition rate for the second child.
• Tuition can be paid by cash or check (made out to DES) or by card payment thru VENMO, by the 1st day of the month or no later than the 7th of each month (whether the child is in class or not, the studio is closed , the child’s 1st class is after the 5th, etc- it is still due BY THE 7th)
• All account that have any outstanding balance on the morning of the 8th of each month, will have their card on file charged the amount owed, plus a service fee.
• September tuition will be due on the 1st day of class, or no later than the 1st Thursday of classes, accounts with any outstanding balance will have their cards on file charged (including the service fee)
• Any card payments that do not go through, for any reason (insufficient funds, incorrect exp date etc) will be charged a $20.00 late fee (this will not be waived).
• All tuition and fees are non-refundable/non-transferable.
• Returned checks with Insufficient funds will be charged a $30.00 ISF fee (this will not be waived) in addition to a late fee
• Please pay checks or cash directly to the Front Desk Staff or Michelle
• If you pay with cash, please be sure to get a receipt.
• Tuition is based on enrollment and not attendance. It is the same amount every month, whether there is 2, 3, 4 or 5 weeks in the month. The longer month’s makeup for the shorter months.
- I understand if my student(s) wish to drop a class, I must notify DES, in writing, by a withdrawal form or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 20th of the month PRIOR to wanting to withdraw from the class.
- I understand, if notice is received after the 20th of the month prior, FULL tuition for that class will be due for that month.
(Example, if you wish to drop a class in October, we must have notice by September 20th or you will still owe full tuition for October.)
- I understand class withdrawals are NOT ALLOWED between October 20th - December 20th or March 20th - May 20th.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com