You must be over 16 to be an account holder.
I do hereby declare to be physically sound and not suffering from any condition, impairment, disease or other illness (other than those declared above) that would prevent my participation in class. I acknowledge that I have either had a physical examination and have been given my doctors permission to participate, or that I have decided to participate without the approval of my doctor and do hereby assume all responsibility for my participation in class.
Dance and exercise classes with Sutton Community Dance may involve strenuous physical activity, including but not limited to, interval training, muscular strength, endurance training, cardiovascular conditioning and aerobic training. Enrolment and participation in the class is voluntary and is in no way mandated by Sutton Community Dance. This form has been completed with honest answers to the best of my knowledge. If there is any change to my health (including pregnancy) in the future, then I shall inform Sutton Community Dance immediately and complete a new questionnaire with the details and seek further advice from a health professional and potentially cease attending classes where necessary. Participation in the class therefore is on my understanding that if any injuries occur as a result of my attendance, Sutton Community Dance and its teachers are released from any liability now or in the future for any injuries or conditions that may be obtained from my participation.
I agree to respect the facilities, equipment and classes provided by Sutton Community Dance and follow directions from the staff and teachers at all times and to not deviate from the teaching instructions given. I understand that if any damage is caused to equipment or the premises due to not following staff or teachers’ directions, then I may be held liable for any costs for repair or replacement. I agree to not film or video without permission from the teacher and shall only do so during allotted times in the class to respect other participants’ privacy. I understand that chewing gum and food is not permitted inside the dance space, and I will dispose of all rubbish in the bins provided. I understand that Sutton Community Dance is not liable for any lost or damaged personal possessions.
I understand that any children attending classes are my own responsibility only and Sutton Community Dance and its staff/teachers are not liable for their behaviour or safety. I understand that Sutton Community Dance and it’s staff/teachers reserve the right to ask any disruptive or poorly behaved members to leave the premises.
We believe that no child or young person should be the subject of neglectful or abusive behaviour.
The safeguarding lead for SCD is Gemma Bonner.
We will promote and maintain the welfare of every child in our care and seek to protect them from harm regardless of race, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief or any other form of identity or creed.
We will create a safe and welcoming environment for all.
This policy applies to all our staff, volunteers, advisory members and governance and covers children under the age of 18 and/or vulnerable adults under the age of 24.
To protect children and young people in our care, we will:
· Value and respect children and listen to what they have to say
· Work with children, parents and relevant organisations
· Share our policy with all staff, parents and students
· Ensure all required checks are made when hiring staff and that those in regular contact with children hold a current DBS check (or non-UK equivalent)
· Provide appropriate training and support to all staff
· Take responsibility for children and young people’s safety when in our care
· Seek permission from parents before taking images (photographs or film) of students and inform them how and where the images will be used
· Report suspected neglect or abuse to the nominated member of staff, council safeguarding team, or police
· Ensure that this policy is regularly updated
Additional guidance can be found in the following documents at the end of this policy:
· Reporting Suspected Neglect or Abuse
· Appropriate Physical Contact in Dance
· Chaperoning Students to and from Dance Events
· Use of Photographs and Film of Children
This policy was created on 22/06/19 and will be reviewed within 3 months.
Additional Guidance A:
Reporting Suspected Neglect or Abuse
Concerns regarding a child’s welfare can be reported by:
· The child or young person
All allegations of neglect or abuse will be taken seriously. If a concern is reported directly by the child or young person we will not seek to disagree, ask probing or leading questions, or do anything else which may discourage them.
We will make clear that reported concerns cannot be kept confidential but will need to be shared with a nominated member of staff or external organisation. Parents or guardians will also be involved if appropriate.
We recognise that early action is vital. Any concerns will be reported immediately.
If the child or young person is in immediate danger of harm, we will contact the police on 999
In all other cases, we will report concerns to the London Borough of Sutton Safeguarding Team:
020 8770 6001 (between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday)
020 8770 5000 (out of hours or weekend duty team)
Additional Guidance B:
Appropriate Physical Contact in Dance
Teaching dance is a physical activity and a teacher will sometimes need to make physical contact with a student to show an idea or to correct the student’s position.
This can include:
· Adjusting arms, legs, rib cage, hips, feet, hands
· Moving one student in relation to another
Where contact is needed, we will remain sensitive to the student’s wishes and put their welfare first. In all cases, we will say why and how we will be correcting the student’s position before making any contact.
We encourage students to report any concerns.
Additional Guidance C:
Chaperoning Children to and from Dance Events
When chaperoning students to an event, we will:
· Provide details of our staff-children ratios, dependant on the age of the students and mode of transport to be used
· Provide parents and students with information about what the event is for
· Provide parents and students with the full address of the event
· In cases where the event is taking place in a large building, we will also give the room or studio number where possible
· Have a planned journey route that is shared with parents, students and chaperones
· Make sure that students are aware of what they should do if they get lost
· Ask parents and students for their contact details in case of emergency
· Have a clear idea of how students will be cared for while at the event
We will ensure that chaperones hold all required checks and licences and are aware of our Child Protection Policy.
We will not take young students on trips without obtaining prior signed permission from a parent/guardian.
Additional Guidance D:
Use of Photographs and Film of Children
We recognise that taking images of students in our care may not always be appropriate and that some children and parents may not want images taken at any time. Therefore, before taking images of a child or young person, we will:
· Make clear to the child and parent where and when the image will be taken
· Clearly identify the person who will be taking the image
· Explain how the image will be used, e.g. whether it will be posted on social media or printed to be displayed at SCD
· Seek permission from parents that images can be taken of their child via our online portal
Where we have publicly displayed images at our school or on social media, parents and students may withdraw their permission at any time. In such cases, the images will be removed as soon as is reasonable and without question.
We ask that any parent wanting to take photographs or film at our events only do so with our prior permission. Permission will only be granted on the agreement of all present.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com