You must be 18 or older to register for an account. Students who are under 18 must have a parent/guardian create an account.
Absolutely no credit/refund for missed classes except with a doctor’s note for serious illness or injury. ALL tuition paid is non-refundable and non-transferable
Parent/guardian or student over 18 must agree to liability waiver before attending classes, either online at registration, or download and print the form from the parent portal , and return to studio office ("More....Documents & files).
I recognize and understand the risks of physical injury inherent to dance and dance training, and I fully assume those risks. I hereby release VH Dance Center, its event sponsors, employees and dance teachers from all liability for injuries sustained or illnesses contracted while attending or participation in any dance classes, rehearsals, workshops or performances. I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless VH Dance Center, its event sponsors, employees, and dance teachers for liabilities, costs and judgments arising from omissions committed by me or my child which result in injury or damage to any person or property.
I understand and agree that it is my sole responsibility to safeguard my personal property while attending or participating in any classes, rehearsals, workshops or performances. I hereby release VH Dance Center, its event sponsors, employees and dance teachers from all liability for loss or damage to my personal property while attending or participating in classes, rehearsals, workshops or performances. I also agree to abide by any rules, regulations and policies set forth by VH Dance Center.
VH Dance Center reserves the right to use photographs and videos taken during rentals, classes, workshops, performances, or other affiliated events for the purposed of instruction, advertising, and promoting VH Dance Center and its programs. Students, or parents of students who are minors, and renters who do not wish to comply with this policy must notify VH Dance Center prior to participation in class or studio events.
I fully understand that VH Dance Center’s instructors, agents and employees are not physicians or medical practitioners of any kind. With the above in mind, I/we hereby release and grant permission to the VH Dance Center Staff to render temporary first aid to myself or my/our child in the event of any injury or illness, and if deemed necessary by the VH Dance Center Staff to call a doctor to seek medical help, including transportation by VH Dance Center Staff member, whether paid or volunteer, to any health care facility or hospital, or the calling of an ambulance for said person/child should the VH Dance Center Staff deem this to be necessary.
In signing this Release, I acknowledge and represent that I have fully informed myself of the content of the waiver and hold harmless agreement by reading it before I sign it, and I understand that I sign this document as my own free will and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the written statement, have been made. I further state that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and am fully competent to sign this agreement; and that I execute this release for full, adequate, and complete consideration, fully intending to be bound by the same. I further state that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude or restrict my or my child’s participation in this activity, and that I will pay any medical costs that may be attendant as a result of injury to me or my child.
COVID Safety Guidelines Phase 4
• Only dancers, teachers and staff are permitted in the studio. Others/visitors may enter by appointment only.
• New students, or students taking ‘drop in’ or trial classes, will be required to complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to admission to classes.
• Students who have any COVID-19 related symptoms, (fever over 100 orally, cough, shortness of breath, body aches or sore throat) are asked to stay home and return to classes (or take ZOOM classes) after isolating at home for a minimum of 14 days after symptom onset AND until feverless and feeling well (without fever-reducing medication) for at least 72 hours OR confirmed to not have COVID-19 via a negative COVID-19 test
• If a student has tested positive for COVID-19 or have been presumptively positive for COVID-19 based on your health care provider’s assessment or your symptoms, please return to classes when: you are confirmed to not have COVID-19 via 2 negative COVID-19 tests in a row, with testing done at least 24 hours apart
• Temperatures will be taken at the door. Anyone with a temperature over 100F will be asked to go home until fever free for 72 hours (without fever reducing medication) OR confirmed to not have COVID-19 via 2 negative COVID-19 tests in a row, with testing done at least 24 hours apart
• Dancers will be asked by staff or instructors about COVID symptoms prior to entry into the studios
• Hands must be washed/ sanitized upon entry into the studio, between classes, and after using the restroom. Hand sanitizer is available at the front desk and in each dance studio.
• Social distancing applies while inside the studio. Studio flooring is marked into 6 foot squares for dancers to use during stretch and barre. On center, instructors will direct dancers so 6 foot spacing is maintained.
• Per Illinois State Phase 4 requirements, “activities (e.g., practices, drills, lessons) should be set up to allow for 6-ft. of distancing between participants whenever possible” , so the studio spaces are marked off into 6 foot spaces for the dancers. Class size will be limited to a maximum of 22 dancers in Studio 1, and 12 dancers in Studio 2. Dancers will be registered for in-person classes in the order registration is received. There will be a waiting list for those interested once class limit is reached. All classes will also be broadcast live on Zoom for those who prefer that option, or for those who are on the waiting list once class size limit has been reached.
• The entire studio will be sanitized daily after classes; Marley flooring and tile floors sanitized daily, carpet vacuumed daily and shampooed weekly. Contact points in studios will be sanitized between classes and at the end of the day, and bathrooms every 2 hours.
• Masks must be worn by all in the lobby and dressing rooms. Masks worn by dancers and instructors during class is encouraged but will be up to the individual instructor’s discretion. Per Illinois State Phase 4 guidelines, “Participants should wear face coverings over their nose and mouth whenever not exercising”
Guidelines for Dancers/Parents Phase 4
• Dancers may arrive no more than 10 minutes before the start of class. Please remain in your car until then.
• Dancers should be dropped off at the front door of the studio and enter one at a time.
• Dancers younger than 6 will be met at the door by staff and brought back to door after class
• Dancers should be ready when entering the studio (already in dance clothes, have own water bottle, hair done)
• Dance bags must be spaced 6 feet apart in dressing room. Dressing room space will be marked to indicate 6 foot spacing. Dancers are encouraged to limit items brought to the minimum necessary
• Lobby will be closed to parents and other family members. Visitors to the studio are allowed by appointment only.
• Dancers must wash hands or use hand sanitizer between classes
• Parents must wear masks and practice social distancing when picking up/dropping off dancers
Guidelines for Dancers regarding travel Phase 4
To help keep our students and instructors safe from COVID-19, especially those at higher risk or more vulnerable, please note the following policies:
• Per CDC requirements, people who have traveled internationally or have taken a cruise must quarantine for 14 days upon return. If you have traveled out of the country or taken a cruise, we ask that your dancer take classes on Zoom for 14 days after your return.
• For those who have traveled within the United States, the studio will be following the guidelines recently released by the city of Chicago, to help keep our students and instructors safe:
• Students who have traveled to the following states are asked to take classes on Zoom during the 14 days after their return: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nevada, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Utah.
• Students who have traveled to other states are asked to consider taking classes on Zoom for 14 days after their return, for the safety of our students, instructors, and families.
VH Dance Center reserves the right to use photographs and videos taken during classes, workshops, performances, or other affiliated events for the purposed of instruction, advertising, and promoting Von Heidecke’s Dance Center and its programs. Students, or parents of students who are minors, who do not wish to comply with this policy must notify VH Dance Center prior to participation in class.
• Annual tuition is based on a 37 week school year, and is paid in monthly installments, August through May. Payments are prorated for months with less than 4 weeks.
• The Summer term is 8 weeks of class, and tuition may be paid in full or 2 installments. (See ‘Registration & Tuition’ page)
• Tuition is calculated based on the number of hours of class per week for the school year. All accounts are encouraged to have a valid credit card on file for automated payments. (see ‘Registration & Tuition’ page for policy details) Tuition for students not enrolling in the full required curriculum is calculated at $14.50/hour, and is also paid in monthly installments during the school year, or 1 or 2 during the summer. Tuition for students who come on a ‘drop in’ or ‘pay as you come’ basis is calculated at $15/hour, and must be paid on the day of each class. No refunds or deductions are given if a student misses a class, except with a doctor’s note for serious illness or injury.
• All parents/guardians and dancers over 18 years old are required to sign the registration, tuition, and liability waiver forms, as well as a COVID screening form, the first day of class for the term. You will not be allowed to enter any classes without these signatures
• Absolutely no credit/refund for missed classes except with a doctor’s note for serious illness or injury. ALL tuition paid is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
• Please note that studio information is often shared through email. Please consider providing your email address and setting up your account to accept email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
• VH Dance Center reserves the right to cancel any class due to insufficient attendance.
• Classes with less than 3 students may be canceled or combined with another class.
• Classes may be canceled due to extreme weather conditions. An email notification will be sent to all students if the studio will be closed.
• If the school must cancel classes due to extreme weather or events beyond our control such as power outages, the missed lessons will be made up. No refunds will be given for lessons missed due to these reasons.
• A non-refundable registration fee of $25 per student is required yearly at the time of registration. (Limit $40 per family)
• NSF PAYMENTS—$25 fee will be charged for returned checks.
• If you do not have a credit card on file, a 5% late fee will be applied to the account for payments not received by the next month’s due date, and 5% on the 15th of every month after that until the balance is paid. Students whose account is 2 months delinquent will not be allowed in class until payment or payment arrangements are made.
• Instructors are subject to change. No credits or refunds will be issued in this case.
• The school reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If a teacher is ill and the school cannot arrange a substitute any missed classes will be made up. No refunds will be given for lessons missed due to these reasons.
• Please notify the school prior to any absence
• Missed classes must be made up in the same level, or lower level class. Classes may only be made up in a higher level with instructor permission.
• Make up classes must be scheduled ahead of time with the office.
• Classes missed must be made up within the same school year (except classes missed in the last week of the term, which may be made up in the next term)
PARENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO BE AWARE OF DATES AND EVENTS
• It is the responsibility of the parent or adult student to be aware of all dance center activities, such as class schedules, rehearsal and performance dates, and dates the school is open or closed.
• Please note that studio information is often shared through email. Please consider providing your email address and setting up your account to accept email from email@example.com
• The school will post all such notices on the bulletin board as well as emailing notices.
• It is the parent’s responsibility to regularly check these boards to ensure they are informed. It is the responsibility of the parents or adult students to inform the school of any address, email or telephone number change.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com