PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
In consideration of the services of Somatically Oriented Aerial Research LLC DBA Le Cirque Centre, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "LCC"),
I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge LCC, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in circus arts, bungee dance, acrobatic skills, drama skills, stagecraft skills, and aerial arts training and instruction activities entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the
essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: slips and falls; falling from equipment; burns; pinches, scrapes, twists and jolts that could result in scratches, bruises, sprains, lacerations, fractures, concussions, or even more severe life threatening hazards; strains, cuts, bruises, muscle soreness and fractures; musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck, and back injuries; nerve damage; injuries to internal organs; the negligence of other participants or persons who may be present; transmissible pathogen or disease; my own physical condition and the physical exertion associated with this activity; the risk of emotional and psychological injuries or physical damage associated with this activity. Traveling to and from shows, meets and exhibitions will raise the possibility of any manner of transportation accidents. In any event, if you or your child is injured, any medical assistance will be at your own expense.
Furthermore, LCC personnel have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless LCC from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of LCC's equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of LCC.
4. Should LCC or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against LCC, I agree to do so solely in the state of Oregon, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against LCC on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I also agree that this document is valid for subsequent visits and participation at LCC.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
I understand that Somatically Oriented Aerial Research LLC dba Le Cirque Centre may take photos to be used in promotional materials not limited to flyers, brochures, posters and online locations. I hereby authorize this use for myself and my students.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com