At DDS we are committed to providing a welcoming and safe environment that aims to instil a love of dance in our students and develop essential life skills including respect, commitment, reliability, discipline and teamwork. In order to create a happy and positive experience for our DDS community we ask that all family members and staff comply with the following.
• Demonstrate respect for teachers, parents, staff and other students at all times.
• Arrive at least five minutes prior to your scheduled class. Latecomers may be refused entry, due to the risk of injury.
• Dance uniforms and dance shoes must be worn for classes, where specified. School uniform is not appropriate dance attire and therefore not permitted. Teachers may refuse entry to dancers not groomed appropriately.
• Bring a clearly named bottle of water to every class.
• Honour prior commitments made to the studio by attending classes, rehearsals and performances.
• Always serve as a role model to younger dancers, including appropriate language and behaviour.
• Show respect and care for studio equipment and facilities.
• Ask for help if you need it. We are here to help!
• Demonstrate respect for teachers, students, staff and other parents at all times.
• Take responsibility to read email updates and keep up to date with current activities and important information.
• Ensure siblings are always supervised, equipment is treated with care and the waiting areas are left tidy.
• Refrain from entering either dance studio unless invited by a teacher.
• Understand and support the DDS approach by encouraging children to show commitment and postivity while working to the best of their own ability.
• Refrain from taking photographs or video without permission.
• Raise any concerns with a teacher or staff member by making an appointment.
Staff and Teachers:
• Studios will employ teaching staff with the experience, knowledge or qualifications required for the range of levels and techniques being taught. Student teachers will be trained and supervised to ensure the school’s teaching standards are maintained. Teachers will also have a valid working with childrens’ check at all times.
• Will strive to communicate a love of dance and show professional attitudes, including punctuality, reliability and responsible care of students. We will strive to develop self-discipline and self-motivation in the students and encourage and support the individual in the class situation
• Individual teachers will try to recognise physical variations, modifying their teaching and seeking medical advice when necessary. The teaching and choreography must be anatomically safe, and teachers must be prepared to deal with medical emergencies.
• Abide by the Victorian Government Child Safe Standards. Information on these standards is available on the Department of Human Services website.
If you believe a child is at immediate risk of abuse, for example is being threatened or assaulted at or near DDS, phone 000.
Thank you from all of us at DDS for your cooperation in creating a fun, safe and positive environment for our community.
Derrimut Dance Studio terms and conditions
Terms & conditions must be accepted by all students and parents/guardians. By enrolling your child at Derrimut Dance studio you agree to the following:
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
1. A registration form must be completed upon joining Derrimut Dance School (DDS). If the student is under the age of 18 a parent or guardian must sign the registration on behalf of the child. A student will not be permitted to attend any class unless a registration form has been completed. Virtual signature is required via the parent portal.
2. All families must have read and understood the DDS Covid Safe Plan before your first class
3. An annual, non-refundable, enrolment fee of $50 applies to all students at the commencement of the enrolment date.
4. Fees are payable in full at the end of each term to reserve your place in the class for following term. If the term’s fees have not been received before you/ your child’s first class of the term the position in that class may be forfeited.
5. If there are any outstanding fees from the previous term, your child will not be allowed to participate in their classes until the account has been finalized. In Term 4 all accounts must be finalized by the week before the concert. Failure to do so will mean your child will not be able to perform in the end of year show. No refunds on any fees or tickets will be applied.
6. Enrolments for the following year cannot be processed from any current student with any out standing accounts.
7. By paying the term’s fees you are committing to the class times for the entire term. If the student does not attend a class, there are no refunds however, a student may attend another class during the term to make up for their absence.
8. In the event that a class is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, fees will be subtracted from the forthcoming term or a makeup class will be provided.
9. If the student wishes to participate in the Rising Stars team they understand that they are committed for an entire year. If the student wishes to withdraw from the team without medical reason before the year is over a $200 cancellation fee will apply.
10. Casual payment is only available to students attending private lessons. All other fees must be payed in full.
11. If you are booked private lesson and can not attend, a 24 hour cancellation policy applies. If the student has not notified DDS within the timeframe the fee will still apply
1. Parents are not permitted to watch any classes except in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the teacher and DDS management. Such circumstances should be discussed with DDS management prior to the class commencing.
2. All students and parents are expected to behave in a respectable manner towards all staff members of DDS both inside the studio and out. Bullying or any kind of disrespectful behaviour will result in immediate expulsion of the student, forfeiting any term or advance payment.
3. In order to provide adequate dance training, it is necessary for dance teachers to physically coach in the development of student technique and placement. This may require strictly appropriate physical contact between dance teaching staff and students. It is also understood that any sort of development cannot occur without structured approach to all dance classes. Dance is a form of discipline and this will be advocated throughout all classes at DDS.
4. Students are not permitted to bring food into the studio unless they have a medical requirement stated on the enrolment form. Gum is strictly prohibited.
5. The use of mobile phones is not permitted in the class unless the student is recording their class routine and has asked the teacher’s permission. Any mobile phone brought into the studio must be switched off.
6. If a student requires to leave the studio to use the bathroom or any other reason, they are to notify the teacher and a parent or guardian must escort them. If a parent or guardian is not present, the student must take a buddy with them.
7. The teacher will not be responsible for assisting a child use the bathroom
8. Students are responsible for their own property and bring items at their own risk. Any item brought into the studio must be clearly labelled with the student’s name. DDS will not be held responsible for any property lost in or around the studio.
9. Parents/ Guardians are responsible for staying up to date with the studio information. There are various avenues for this such as emails, newsletters and social media.
10. All students/ parents must respect the decisions made by the studio.
1. By paying in full the student understands that they are committed to the class for an entire term.
2. Students are expected to attend every class they have enrolled into. If they are unable to attend class a courtesy phone call, email or message on social media is required.
3. If the student is absent for a number of weeks, they understand that they may not be choreographed into certain sections of the concert routines to avoid having to reteach the routine to students who have been attending every single week.
4. Students must be on time to every class as warm up is vital to injury prevention.
5. Students who are more than 10 minutes late to class will be refused entry warm up and stretching is vital in practicing safe dance.
6. Any student wanting to participate in senior Jazz must also enrol in senior Ballet to ensure the dancer is competent in technical movements.
7. Mid year and End of year concerts are compulsory
1. The DDS branded uniform MUST be worn to every class to ensure each student is easily identifiable. We firmly believe wearing the uniform is an important part of learning as it encourages a sense of discipline, equality and reminds us of our duty as a student.
2. Appropriate footwear is to be worn for each genre for safety and protection purposes.
3. Ballet classes must have hair tied back in a bun. All other classes must have their hair tied up with the exception of commercial or hip hop.
RISING STARS TEAMS
1. Rising Stars members are by invitation only.
2. Students participating in Rising Stars understand that the class is an added on privilege and it is not a substitute for their core technical classes.
3. Students participating in Rising Stars must have been dancing for a minimum of two years AND be enrolled in Ballet and Jazz for the duration of their time in the team. This is to ensure the students are learning proper technique and to encourage professional, dedicated and passionate dancers.
4. Any students wanting to compete as a solo/duo/trio Star MUST do Ballet and Jazz
5. Parents and Guardians understand that Rising Stars will be required to attend competitions and events outside of studio hours and commit to these responsibilities.
6. If a student wishes to withdraw from the team during the year there will be a $200 cancelation fee. This is to promote teamwork and unity within the studio and ensure the students understands what it means to work in collaboration. Equally as this is a competition and performance class, multiple routines will be choreographed with a specific number of students in mind. The student may not drop out of Rising Stars unless the semester is over to avoid having to withdraw the team from competitions and rechoreographing numbers.
7. The dancers must be able to attend the DDS showcases as they will typically either open or close the shows.
8. Children that participate in Rising Stars will Incur extra costs to cover registration fees and costumes.
1. Social media posts directly related/or involving DDS must be respectful and in line with the ethos and culture of the studio. No one is to post choreography from any class unless they have permission from the Director.
2. Any photographs or videos taken of you or your child during class, photo day, concerts, performances, competitions or at any other DDS gathering may be taken and used for promotion of DDS in any media stream.
3. No parents are to take photos of their children in class. This includes during Ready Set Dance classes.
1. All items produced by DDS (including original music edits, choreography, creative concepts, costumes, props and sets) remain the property of DDS and cannot be replicated or reproduced
2. A certain amount of risk is involved by taking part in any physical activity. Students taking part in any classes or events run by DDS do so at their own risk. DDS will not be held responsible for any injuries which may occur whilst in class or on the premises. DDS will seek medical attention or administer basic first aid for your child immediately if needed and has the necessary insurances to cover any injury obtained at DDS.
By submitting your enrolment form, you are stating that you have read & clearly understood all terms & conditions of DDS and agree to follow them.
Without expectation of compensation or other remuneration, now or in the future, I hereby give my consent to Derrimut Dance Studio, its affiliates and agents, to use my/my dependents image and likeness and/or any interview statements from me / my children in its publications, advertising or other media activities (including the Internet). This consent includes, but is not limited to:
(a) Permission to interview, film, photograph, tape, or otherwise make a video reproduction of me and/or record my voice in the studio or any event held by Derrimut Dance Studio;
(b) Permission to use my name; and
(c) Permission to use quotes from the interview(s) (or excerpts of such quotes), film, videography, photograph(s), tape(s) or reproduction(s) of me, and/or recording of my voice, in part or in whole, in its publications, in newspapers, magazines and other print media, on television, radio and electronic media (including the Internet), in theatrical media and/or in mailings for educational and awareness.
This consent is given in perpetuity, and does not require prior approval by me.
Upon enrolment DDS will collect personal information from you to ensure the safety of your student. This information is stored confidentially and under passcode with only the studio director and receptionist having access. DDS strictly protects the security of your personal information and honors your choices for its intended use. We will never pass your personal information to a third party unless required by government authorities, sale of business or in the event of debt recovery. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You are entitled to review the personal information you have provided us and ensure that it is accurate and current at all times. To review or update this information simply contact DDS.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com