You must be over 18 to register for an account.
KPA students and parents understand:
1) We request that all withdrawals from or changes in classes be initiated & completed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to: have classes switched, registrations withdrawn, refunds for fees paid in full, or monthly tuition stop payments applied. All families also have the option to take a full refund credit to be applied to the next dance year instead of a refund if they wish. For any monthly automatic payments, we request 15 days to terminate and stop all automatic payments. Thank you.
a) KPA 'Performance year' for FULL YEAR registration is defined as September (on the first day of classes) to June of each year. Fees are collected until May of each performance year, and any makeup classes (due to cancellations for weather, etc.) are completed in the month of June.
b) at KPA we pride ourselves on an affordable and flexible program for our students and families. If your student wishes to transfer to another class or withdraw from a class, please be aware that if done too LATE in a session, it significantly affects the class as a whole, instructor planning, team morale, and formations/ script work. As a result, please note the following TRANSFER and WITHDRAWAL DEADLINES:
Fall Session (Sept.- Dec.) Deadline: October 15th
Winter/Spring Session (Jan.- June) Deadline: February 15th
Withdrawal /transfer PRIOR to these deadlines can easily be arranged with an email to email@example.com, and any tuition associated with those classes can be put on stop-payment or reimbursed (costume fees cannot be returned, as all costumes are ordered early in each session).
A transfer will not be possible AFTER the deadline dates.
Withdrawal from classes AFTER deadline dates (due to new sports schedules, school obligations, spring weather, change of interests, etc.) can certainly be arranged, but there will be a full month tuition penalty applied. Thank you for understanding, as this has been a challenge for our students and teachers in the past. We appreciate your thoughtful consideration of your student's commitments.
2) KPA students will continue to regularly attend weekly classes through to the end of their registered dance year. We appreciate our KPA families understanding that ours is a cooperative community, and this demonstrates respect towards the instructor and commitment to the team environment of the class.
3) KPA requests that the office be notified of any absences from weekly classes via check-in/ absence submission in the attendance section of your parent portal. If a student is chronically absent, please be advised that they may be worked out of portions of their missed choreography, dependent on the reasoning for the extended absence, and as per the instructor's discretion.
4) A student is required to participate in all shows that apply to their class involvements (unless a performance is opted out of at the time of registration via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which would result in no costume fees being applied, and no costumes being ordered for the registered student). For a student to participate in the Spring Recital and/or Spring Production, the costuming purchase requirement per performance class is $160.00 due by October 15th of the performance year. This fee covers the purchase of both the student's Christmas and Spring costumes. January registrants will require a costume fee of $110.00. Once a costume fee has been paid, the fee is NON-REFUNDABLE, as costuming funds are committed to purchasing.
5) Placement/production classes (ages 10 & up) MAY be involved in a school matinee show that will necessitate a day off of school. The following may be applicable show commitments; dates and show locations will be released via email throughout the year and may include all or some of the following: Festival of Trees, Senior’s Residence Performance, Christmas Recital(s), Spring Recital(s), Matinee show, Spring Production.
6) KaRAR Performing Arts has developed programming with the intent to create production-quality stage performances; the programming is intentionally not focused on the end result of competition involvement. Any festival involvement is for dancers who are registered in Ukrainian and/or other genre solos, duets, and small groups.
7) Auditions for extra acting, set dance, and finale dance in the Spring Production (over and above regular class involvements) will be available to all students aged 10 & up in November of each dance year.
a) A production fee of $100.00 (which covers the costs of extra rehearsals; not extra costumes) will be required at the time of audition but will be refunded if the assigned role is declined.
b) Any student who is awarded a main cast role or set/extra cast member role will be required to rent or purchase a costume for the production performance. This cost will depend on the role and will be communicated to parents/performers when the role is offered.
8) KPA recognizes that any time there are children involved in the performing arts, there is a chance that performances may not always go as planned, simply because it is the nature of both working with children as well as performing. If a KPA student or parent has any concerns, we request that these concerns be addressed proactively with the involved instructors and studio director, in an effort to come to a fast and mutually agreeable solution. As members of the KaRAR performing arts community, we will all agree to commit to not publicly airing concerns or negatively discussing KPA instructors, students, or parents, but will extend every effort to achieve resolution.
9) Every student aged 10 and up who is registered in dance programming will be placed according to a set of requirements for each genre. Age, grade, experience, flexibility, knowledge of dance requirements, and overall ability will all be taken into account when placing students in the class that will best serve them in terms of learning, development, and safety.
10) Being on time and prepared for class is a KPA expectation, and preparation is defined as the following: dress code, hair requirements, and water bottle in hand, and we appreciate this demonstration of respect for the instructor and other classmates.
11) KaRAR reserves the right to refuse class instruction to any registered student who arrives intoxicated or is suspected to be under the influence of any alcohol or altering drug of any kind.
12) We ask that all parents or adult students regularly check in-studio memos, personal emails, and/or social media for studio updates and newsletters, as it is our primary source of communication to our KPA families. Thank you!
Please note that the following steps will need to be taken in order to confirm enrollment in KPA classes:
1) Create an account - if you're seeing this page, you have completed this step successfully!
2) Click "Enroll in Classes" on your parent dashboard and select the classes that you and/or your student are interested in taking (available classes will be filtered by student age).
3) Once you choose your classes, you will see a red banner at the top of the page prompting you to enroll in auto-pay so that your tuition fees will be automatically withdrawn every month (after the first month of dance, which you will pay for directly during this process). This is a system requirement - if you have questions or concerns about this, please contact the KPA office directly! Otherwise, provide your preferred auto-pay method which can be either VISA/debit card, or any major credit card. (Please note: First month fees plus registration fee are required to secure a spot in desired classes, but all remaining fees can be paid in full in the office if you prefer.)
4) After your auto-pay information is confirmed, click the button at the top of the page that says "Back to Registration".
5) Accept the relevant waivers by clicking where indicated.
6) Pay for your registration fees and first month's tuition (by clicking the PayPal or Stripe option at the bottom of the waiver page) as the deposit for your class spot.
7) Double check your parent portal to confirm that your enrolled classes are showing for each student!
As always, contact the KPA admin team at email@example.com with any questions you may have :).
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com