We need you to answer this to make sure you are a person and not spam.
MORGANTOWN DANCE STUDIO FALL 2020 I SPRING 2021
1. Due to external regulations related to the COVID-19 pandemic, class sizes will be limited to allow for social distancing. With limited class sizes, attendance must be made a priority.
2. When registering for class(es), dancers and their parent(s) must be committed to attending and participating in the class, as you are taking a limited spot that may not be available to another dancer.
3. If you/your dancer must miss class, please notify the studio by calling 304-292-3266 or texting Sherri at 304-476-8311 at least one hour before class starts. If studio is not notified in advance, absence may be considered unexcused. More than 2 consecutive unexcused absences may result in removal from the class.
4. Due to COVID-19 restrictions around class size, we will not be allowing drop-ins or make-ups at this time. If a dancer must miss class due to illness or other extraordinary circumstances, please discuss with Studio Management any make-up options. These circumstances should be discussed in advance if possible or as soon as the dancer has recovered from his/her illness.
I understand that Northern West Virginia Dance Council assumes no liability for possible exposure to or illness from infectious diseases, including COVID-19. I understand the hazards of the novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”) and am familiar with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) guidelines regarding COVID-19. I acknowledge and understand that the circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing from day to day and that, accordingly, the CDC guidelines are regularly modified and updated and I accept full responsibility for familiarizing myself with the most recent updates.
JULY 24, 2020
In answer to some questions and concerns received recently, we would like to affirm our policies in relation to COVID-19. We will continue to monitor guidelines and revise our policy as needed.
The Mall requires that everyone wear a mask while in their public space. We adhere to the Governor’s guidelines for dance studios as follows:Effective as of July 7, 2020, all individuals over the age of 9 are required to wear face coverings when in confined, indoor spaces, other than one’s residence or while actively engaged in the consumption of food and/or beverage, and when not able to adequately social distance from other individuals who do not reside in the same household, pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order 50-20. Per CDC Guidance, exempt from this requirement are:
• children younger than 2 years old,
• anyone who has trouble breathing through a face covering, and
• persons who are unable to remove the face covering without assistance.
We require all instructors, volunteers and dancers to wear a mask while in the studio common areas (lobby, hallways, kitchen area), except in the case of medical necessity as outlined above.
With the changes implemented to our facilities and with the reduction in class sizes, there is no reason why social distancing cannot be practiced. As long as social distancing can be achieved, instructors and dancers will be permitted to remove their face covering once inside the classroom, at their own discretion.
All students must enter through the front door. Upon arrival, a volunteer will take their temperature before allowing them to proceed to class.The lobby area has been de-cluttered to allow space for social distancing as dancers arrive and depart.Students are to come prepared to dance and bring only a small dance bag with them.All the studios, restrooms and kitchen area, dressing rooms and lobby space have been deep cleaned and are sanitized daily. Studio surfaces are wiped down between classes. The dressing room may only be used to store students’ dance bags.The waiting area is restricted to the volunteer(s) on duty and students coming and going from class.
In the event that one of our students, instructors or staff tests positive for COVID-19, we will follow the CDC’s guidelines to notify any potential contacts. Should any of the above be required to quarantine because of contact with someone who tested positive, they are required to notify us and withdraw from classes until the end of the quarantine period.
Board of Morgantown Dance
I understand that Northern West Virginia Dance Council assumes no liability for injury or damages arising from participation in any dance activities associated with the organization. Northern West Virginia Dance Council is not responsible for any articles that are lost or stolen.
MORGANTOWN DANCE STUDIO FALL 2020 I SPRING 2021
1. All families MUST pay an annual $35 Registration Fee to register for class(es). All dancers MUST be registered for all classes that they wish to take. Due to COVID-19 restrictions around class size, we will not be allowing drop-ins or make-ups at this time. If a dancer must miss class due to illness or other extraordinary circumstances, please discuss with Studio Management any make-up options. These circumstances should be discussed in advance if possible or as soon as the dancer has recovered from his/her illness.
2. As many classes move in progression from September thru May, we will not plan to re-register or admit students into classes in January. This can be disruptive to the students and instructor already in the class and presents a disadvantage to students just joining. New students moving to the area may be an exception. The schedule and registration are based on a full dance year, not individual semesters.
3. If you wish to drop a class, you must do so within the month of September. If you drop a class after September 30,2020 you will still be responsible for the full year class tuition. With COVID-19 restrictions on class sizes, your registration is securing a spot for you/your dancer, which may result in another dancer not receiving a spot.
4. The tuition listed per class in the portal is based on 4-weeks. Our classes will run 32 weeks between September and May with a few built-in breaks and make-up weeks. You will receive 8 monthly tuition statements (dividing 32/4); Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March & April.
Our tuition is based on $16/hour; thus an hour class is $16/week whereas a 45 minute class is $12/week and a 1.25 hour class is $20/week, etc.
We also offer multi-class/multi-hour discounts which is figured upon your families total registered class’ tuition and then the balance is split into the 8 recurring tuition statements.
We will also offer an additional 5% discount to any family wishing to pay their entire year tuition balance in full. “Paid in Full” is defined as one-payment in September or 2 equal payments, one in September and one in January for the entire dance year. You may discuss this option with Studio Management upon registration.
These discounts are applicable only to class tuition, they are not applicable to Company Fees, Production Fees, Registration Fees, Other Purchases, etc.
Boys ages 7-18 may take BALLET classes free of charge at Morgantown Dance. This adjustment will be made to the account once the dancer has registered. While these classes are offered free of charge, the attendance policy is still applicable.
5. Tuition will be posted to your account in the portal at the beginning of each month. Payments must be made with a PayPal account, credit card, or ACH from your bank account. An autopay option is available in the portal, where parents may authorize the recurring monthly payment to be taken automatically.
6. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our goal is to have contactless payments. We will not be accepting cash or checks at the front desk. Please contact Studio Management if you need to make special arrangements for cash or check payments.
7. All monthly tuition payments are due on the 1st of the month with a 10-day grace period. Any payment made after the 11th day of the month will receive a $20 late charge. Any payment not made by the end of the month will result in the dancer being removed from class(es) for the next month or until the tuition is paid up to date.
8. If you have an outstanding balance from a previous year, you MUST pay it in full or make payment arrangements with the MD Board before registering for classes. Payment arrangements AND tuition payments must be paid on the agreed upon due date. Any missed payment will result in the dancer being removed from classes for the next month or until the payment plan and tuition are paid up to date. Additional late fees may apply.
I hereby consent that any photographs in which the student named above appears while in a Northern West Virginia Dance Council activity may be used without identification by Northern West Virginia Dance Council, its assigns or successors, for illustration and publicity purposes. I understand that such photographs shall remain the property of Northern West Virginia Dance Council, Inc.
MORGANTOWN DANCE STUDIO FALL 2020 I SPRING 2020
EXERCISE AND CLASS GUIDELINES:
1. Class sizes will be set following approved guidelines that will ensure that we can respect a safe distance while still allowing for a good class.
2. Surfaces will be cleaned between classes so your cooperation in vacating the studio at the end of class will be appreciated
3. You MUST register for classes. We will not be allowing drop-ins or make-ups at this time.
4. Masks during class will be left up to the individual as we understand breathing can be hindered even further during a strenuous workout.
GUIDELINES FOR ENTERING AND EXITING MORGANTOWN DANCE STUDIO – WAITING ROOM PROTOCOL
1. Students will enter through the MDS Lobby doors. Mask must be worn.
2. Parents will bring their student to the door and hand them over to the studio volunteer on duty. Please maintain social distancing at this time so each student is admitted safely.
3. Upon entering the studio we will use a non-touch forehead thermometer to check the student’s temperature.
4. Your child will be directed to their classroom by the studio volunteer so as not to have students gathering to talk or visit with each other. Masks may be removed once in classroom, students must maintain social distancing.
5. If you/your dancer feel ill in any way please stay home.
6. Dancers should come dressed in their dance outfits bringing only a small bag. Dressing rooms will be open – space is limited - NO LARGE DANCE BAGS PLEASE.
7. Bring your own water bottle, clearly labeled with your name – Snacks and/or Water will no longer be sold at the studio
9. Dancers will be encouraged to not touch anything except for the barre. Teachers will open and close the door to their room.
10. When leaving the studio after class, students will exit into the Mall through the front door.
11. At this time the waiting room will be remain closed. Parents are allowed in the mall open space. Please practice social distancing.
12. The door between the lobby and studios will remain closed. Only dancers, instructors, and approved volunteers are allowed in the studios and back office. Restrooms are for use by the dancers, faculty, and approved volunteers only.
ADDITIONAL CLEANING INFORMATION:
1. The studio will continue to be cleaned on a regular basis, including all surfaces and floors.
2. There will be hand sanitizer available around the studio for easy access.
3. We ask that when waiting in line for the bathroom, please maintain social distancing, and of course, as a reminder, PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS!
4. Donations of cleaning supplies would be greatly appreciated.
Please be assured that all of the above is to ensure you and your student’s safety. We ask that you understand that we are doing and will continue to do the best we can under the circumstances for our MDS family.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com