[THE DANCE STOP] PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT
WARNING: BY SIGNING/ ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU WILL GIVE UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE TO RECOVER COMPENSATION FOR ANY ACCIDENT, INJURY, LOSS OR DEATH TO YOURSELF ARISING OUT OF YOUR PRESENCE AT ANY [STUDIO NAME HERE] ACTIVITIES
I, Parent or Legal Guardian of student (the “Minor”) hereby acknowledge and agree to the following:
In consideration of participation in any and all [The Dance Stop] classes, activities, events,
performances, rehearsals or practice sessions (collectively “Activities”), I hereby release, waive,
and discharge [The Dance Stop], their affiliates, members, officers, directors, shareholders,
employees, coaches, instructors, volunteers, agents, independent contractors, the
landlord/owner of the buildings (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability,
actions, causes of action, suits, debts, statutory obligations, sums of money, claims and demands
of every nature and kind whatsoever, at law or in equity, which I/ or the Minor ever had, now
have, or which I/ or the Minor may at any future time have against the Released Parties, or any
one or some of them, arising out of or in any way connected with the Minor’s participation in any
Activities, including claims that allege negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties, or
claims arising from any statute.
I agree to indemnify and/or totally compensate the Released Parties from and against all Claims
arising as a result of the Minor participating in any activity at or on the premises of the Activities.
I agree to pay for all legal fees that are incurred as a result of any Claims made by me or on my
behalf, or on the Minor’s behalf or that are otherwise related to or caused by my or the Minor’s
actions or inactions.
I understand that by signing this Agreement, I am giving up the right to sue or make any Claim
against the Released Parties on my behalf or on behalf of the Minor, and that this Agreement shall
be binding on the heirs, executors, administrators, assigns, and personal representatives of
myself or the Minor.
If any portion of this Agreement is held invalid, I agree that the remainder of the Agreement shall
remain in full legal force and effect.
I appreciate that this Agreement applies whether the Released Parties are at fault or not and it
limits the liability of all of the Released Parties, notwithstanding that not all of the Released
Parties are formal parties to this Agreement. I understand that [The Dance Stop], in securing
execution of this Agreement by me, is acting as agent or trustee on behalf of or for the benefit of
the Released Parties, who shall to this extent be or be deemed to be parties to this Agreement.
I am aware that participation in the Activities has possible risks, dangers and hazards, and accept
same entirely at the Minor’s own risk. I understand that the risks associated with that use
include, but are not limited to:
• injuries resulting in muscular or soft tissue injuries including sprains, strains, bruises,
scrapes, cuts, etc.;
• injuries resulting from the failure to properly use equipment or follow instructions;
• risk of experiencing fatigue, dizziness, fainting, etc. as well as the potential risk of
further injury as a result of the above;
• injuries that may result from transportation accidents to and from the Activities.
I acknowledge that the above list is not inclusive of all possible risks associated with the
Activities and in no way limits the extent or reach of this assumption of risk, release of liability,
and indemnification. I understand that no amount of care, caution, instruction or expertise can
eliminate the inherent dangers associated with the Activities.
I agree that the Released Parties are not responsible in the event of loss, damage, unauthorized
use, theft, or injury resulting from and to any personal property that the Minor brings to the
I agree that the Minor will read and ensure that the Minor understands the rules of [The Dance
Stop], and that the Minor will abide by those rules, or others given during any Activities.
I have read and understood this Agreement and am executing this Agreement freely and
voluntarily without any compulsion on the part of the Released Parties. I understand that this
Agreement contains a promise not to sue the Released Parties and provides for a release and
indemnity for all Claims.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
This Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement (this “Release Agreement”) is to certify that I, as a participant or as a parent or guardian with legal responsibility for a minor child or ward that is a participant (hereinafter “Participant”), for the benefit of The Dance Stop, LLC and its directors, officers, employees, teams, instructors, participants, volunteers, guides, agents, representatives, independent contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, sponsors, successors and assigns (all of whom are hereinafter referred as the “Releasees”), acknowledge that Participant will be engaged in Dance; which includes, without limitation, all activities, events or services provided, arranged, organized, conducted, sponsored or authorized by the Releasees and shall include, classes; competitions; recitals; rentals; special classes; seminars and sessions; travel, transport and accommodation; and other such activities, events and services in any way connected with or related to the Releasees.
COVID‐19: The novel coronavirus (“COVID‐19”), has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID‐19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person‐to‐person contact, and those engaged in Dance are not immune from COVID‐19 or the associated risks thereof.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS: I further certify and acknowledge that Dance may be inherently dangerous and can cause serious or grievous injuries, including bodily injury, damage to personal property, and death and that Participant recognizes and assumes that risk, whether foreseeable or not reasonably foreseeable, including COVID‐19, and Participant agrees to participate in Dance. This assumption of the risk shall be considered to the broadest extent possible as allowable by law.
PARTICIPANT IS AWARE OF THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS ASSOCIATED WITH DANCE AND FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUMES ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT: In consideration of the Releasees agreeing to allow Participant to participate in Dance and permitting Participant’s use of services, equipment and other facilities, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, Participant hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that Participant has or may in the future have against the Releasees and to release the Releasees from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury, including death, that Participant may suffer or that Participant’s next of kin may suffer, as a result of Participant participating in Dance DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED, ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES, AND FURTHER INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT PARTICIPANT FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF PARTICIPATING IN SPORT; TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY the Releasees for any and all liability for any property damage, loss or personal injury to any third party resulting from Participant’s participation in Dance; This Release Agreement shall be effective and binding upon Participant’s heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of Participant’s death or incapacity; and This Release Agreement and any rights, duties, and obligations as between the parties to this Release Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio no other jurisdiction.
In entering into this Release Agreement, Participant is not relying on any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees with respect to the safety of participating in Dance, other than what is set forth in this Release Agreement.
I CONFIRM THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT PRIOR TO SIGNING IT, THAT I HAVE SIGNED THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT FREELY, VOLUNTARILY, UNDER NO DURESS OR THREAT OF DURESS, WITHOUT INDUCEMENT, PROMISE OR GUARANTEE BEING COMMUNICATED TO ME. AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.
General Policies 2021-2022
Thank you for choosing The Dance Stop. The following policies can be helpful this upcoming dance season. Our staff is ready to help in any way so please let us know if you have any further questions. Looking forward to an exciting year ahead!
Tuition is paid by session (every two months) and must be paid during the first week of a new session. If a child misses a class for any reason, they are welcome to do a makeup class at your convenience. We do not pro-rate sessions for missed classes. After the second week of a
new session, tuition is considered late and a $15 late fee will be assessed. Any bounced checks will have a $30 fee charged. We are in the process of implementing a new computer system which will allow parents to auto-pay. We will keep you informed when that system is in place.
Occasionally, the studio may have to close due to inclement weather conditions. We will leave an outgoing message, send out an email, and post on Facebook when we close the studio. A decision is made in the early afternoon and does not necessarily follow school
closures. If you are in question, please check the options listed above. Snow days can also be made up at your convenience.
We will break for the holidays throughout the year. If you have classes that fall on certain holidays you are welcome to attend makeup classes at any time throughout the season. Tuition is charged per session. We do not charge extra for months that have 5 classes, nor do we prorate months with missed classes due to holidays.
While instructors may vary their classes’ dress code, the following are the general dress code policies for The Dance Stop: Ballet students are required to have hair in a bun and wear leotards, tights and pink ballet shoes to class. Jazz students are required to have form fitting clothes and split sole jazz shoes. Hip Hop students are required to wear comfortable relaxed fit dancewear and sneakers (please do not wear dirty sneakers on the dance floors). Contemporary students are required to wear formfitting dancewear. It is also strongly recommended to take a ballet class along with contemporary class. The basis of contemporary comes from ballet. Tap students are required to wear form fitting dance clothes and tap shoes. Acro students are required to wear form fitting dance clothes and socks. Creative Dance and Combo students are required to wear any type of leotards and tights, tap and ballet shoes. NO JEANS OR JEAN SHORTS ARE PERMITTED IN ANY CLASS.
Studio/Classroom Etiquette: We want all of our students to have an enjoyable and educational dance experience. We will treat you and your children with courtesy and respect. We expect our students to show the same attitude toward their instructors and fellow dancers. We request
that your children observe the following simple rules:
* Pay Attention to your teacher – Don’t talk with your friends during class! It disrupts the whole class and makes it difficult for the teacher to communicate with the students. Meet your friends before or after class for social fun.
* Food or drinks are permitted in the waiting area ONLY. Be careful – spills ruin the floors and food attracts bugs. You may have snacks in the waiting area, but please dispose of your trash properly. Water bottles are the only liquid allowed in the classrooms with your name on them.
* Do not pull up on or hang from the Ballet Barres. They can be pulled from the wall or you can get stuck in them. Barres are for balance and support.
* Come prepared to dance – attire, attitude, ambition, energy!
* Have your dancer dressed in the proper dress code for their class with hair done beforetheir classes begin.
* Drop dancers off no earlier than 15 minutes before their scheduled class time. We cannot be responsible for the care of your children before and after class.
* Show up on time. Students who arrive more than 15 minutes past the start of their class time may be asked to sit and watch since they will not be warmed up and ready to dance. (If you know in advance you will be late, please contact the studio so we know).
* Parents/Guardians are not allowed into the dance studio during regular scheduled classes unless invited by the teacher. We ask that you please wait in the lobby.
* We appreciate that our families feel at home at the studio however we don't want to compromise our ability as a staff to serve your needs. We ask that the students please use the designated dressing areas and bathrooms and that the parents remain in the waiting area. If you have any valuables that you want to leave at the desk, we will be happy to store them for you.
* Parents/Guardians should always be encouraging to their young dancers and help to support them to work hard and meet all of the challenges that dance provides.
* Refrain from negative comments and conversation regarding studios, parents, teachers and other students.
* Parents should not judge other dancers at the studio. We treat all students equally; no student is better than another. Parents need to respect this also.
* Parents/Guardians should respect the decisions of the faculty. If you have a problem or concern, we encourage you to promptly set up a meeting outside of class time to discuss the issue with us instead of causing drama among the other dancers or parents.
* Parent/Guardians should make sure their dancers are at all rehearsals, performances and classes.
* You are helping to build a foundation for self esteem and confidence. Each rehearsal and class is pertinent to the success of your dancer.
* Tuition/Costume Fees/Recital Fees are the sole responsibility of the parent/guardian.
* Please be prompt in picking up your child at the end their class, especially at the close of the day/night. This will insure the safety of our students and staff.
Please make sure your account stays up to date so that your dancer can continue in our program successfully. Failure to keep your tuition paid will result in your dancer having to be pulled from classes. Please see the tuition rules and regulations for more information. Always stay positive and encourage your dancer to try their best and to have fun while learning how to dance!
We want your experience here at The Dance Stop be a positive one. Please contact the front desk staff whenever the need arises. Most of the time, the front desk staff can help you with your concerns. If you need to discuss anything with an instructor, please see the front desk or email the administrative staff to set up a conference. Unfortunately, instructors do NOT have time to talk between classes.
We hold an annual recital in June. All students are welcome to participate. This is not mandatory and any student who chooses not to participate is welcome to dance throughout the year. We encourage all students to take advantage of this opportunity. Information, including
recital costs, will be provided well in advance.
The Dance Stop offers a performing group program for dancers who are more committed to learning about the dance world on a competitive level. Performing group students will have the opportunity to receive more advanced training, learn more challenging choreography, and to compete at local and regional competitions. Performing group students will also have the opportunity to participate in conventions (master classes taught by professional choreographers). If your child has an interest in getting involved, please see the front desk for further information.
I/we realize that participation in dance classes and activities could involve some possible personal injury. Despite precautions, accidents and injuries may occur. By signing this release form, I/we (the dancer and parent/guardian) assume all risks related to the use of any and all spaces used by The Dance Stop, its' instructors and staff.
I/we agree to release and hold harmless The Dance Stop, including its' teachers, dancers, staff members and facilities used by The Dance Stop from any cause of action, claims, or demands now and in the future. I/we will not hold The Dance Stop or Lisa Stanziale liable for any personal injury or any personal property damage which may occur on the premises before, during or after classes. Furthermore, I/we agree to obey the class and facility rules and take full responsibility for my/our behavior in addition to any damage I/we may cause to the facilities utilized by The Dance Stop.
In the event that I/we should observe any unsafe conduct or conditions before, during or after my/our classes, I/we agree to report the unsafe conduct or conditions to the Director, Individual Instructor or staff member as soon as possible.
I hereby authorize THE DANCE STOP ( “The Dance Stop” to publish photographs, videos, or any
other form of media taken of the Minor during any Company workshop, class, or any other event,
and the Minor’s likeness, (the “Media”) for use in the The Dance Stop’s print, online, and videobased
marketing materials, as well as other Company publications or marketing (the “Publications”).
I hereby release and hold harmless The Dance Stop from any reasonable expectation of privacy
or confidentiality associated with the Media.
I further acknowledge that participation is voluntary and that I, nor the Minor, will receive any
financial compensation of any type associated with the taking or publication of the Media or
participation in The Dance Stop Publications. I acknowledge and agree that publication of the
Media confers no rights of ownership or royalties whatsoever.
I hereby release The Dance Stop, its contractors, employees, and any third parties involved in the
creation or publication of the Media or Publications, from liability for any claims by me or the
Minor or any third party in connection with participation.
We make sure everything is displayed appropriately and professionally. If you have a concern with this policy, please email me at email@example.com.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com