To register for a parent/adult account you must be over the age of 18 years old.
CHILD PROTECTION LAWS
Teachers have to adhere strictly to all Child Protection Policies, and we ask that all parents do the same. Unfortunately no photography or filming of any children can be undertaken without strict permission of the principal.
There will be times when postural and technical connections have to be made by physical contact. However it is impossible to teach and correct without any physical contact, and we would like to make parents aware of this. We also have to consider students needing the toilet during the time they are with us. We are not able to take the students to the toilet, although the toilet is next to the dance studio, and we may check on them if we feel they are taking a while.
Payments must be paid through your parent portL prior to the start of each term. Invoices are sent out at least 14 days before the start of term and should be paid no later than the Monday before classes commence. Fees must be paid via the parent portal and are subject to a 2% convenience fee charged by our studio software. Late or no payments will follow our Late payment policy which includes an 8% fee added weekly until the payment is made. If payment is not made, students could face loosing their place.
All customers will receive a digital receipt after each termly payment however if a paper version is preferred, please contact us and we can arrange this. No refunds will be given under any circumstances if you do not complete the terms tuition.
If you choose to leave us please give 4 weeks notice in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If 4 weeks notice isn’t given, you will be required to pay a leaving fee for these 4 weeks.
To enrol with Colman Creative Academy we charge £10. Within this amount you will be added to our system, given your own parent portal, added to our social media update services and the student will receiving a welcome pack which includes special gifts.
Once you have enrolled onto your class, your details will be processed and we will contact you with confirmation of a place at the academy. A welcome pack will be given to you on the day, if you enrol at the studio, if enrolling out of academy hours your welcome pack will be given to the student on their first day.
ILLNESS & INJURY
Teachers need to be told if your child is feeling unwell or has an injury prior to them taking the class. On arrival for your first day we require details of any relevant medical issues and if your child is taking any medication which there may need to administer themselves. Please be assured that we are always happy to discuss any medial requirements you may have and would appreciate it if you would make an appointment with our principal.
ABSENCES & HOLIDAYS
We would be grateful if you could inform us if your child will be absent from any classes. We require as much notice as possible with the minimum being one week. If a student is off due to illness this will not be refunded, if a student is absent for more than two lessons without any notice or contact, your child’s place may be lost.
We have a strict uniform policy which can be found on the uniform requirements page of this handbook (page 21). It is important that all students wear the correct uniform for their classes. Whilst students are waiting for their uniform to arrive we ask that students wear a plain clothing.
Please make sure that students are wearing appropriate clothing within the studio such as leggings, shorts, tracksuit bottoms etc. All clothing worn must be black unless specified otherwise to encourage discipline within the industry. Suitable footwear includes jazz or ballet shoes or non marking trainers (must NOT have white soles).
All students hair must be securely tided and off their face. No jewellery may be worn for classes, we do recommend that jewellery is left at home. If you need any assistance with uniform please contact us and we will be more than happy to help.
This policy has unfortunately been put in place from January 2021 after payment delays by account holders causing other financial delays within Colman Creative.
Fees are added to individual parent portals 14 days before payment is due, however we are more than happy to estimate future payments if you budget/plan numerous months ahead. Once fees are added to the parent portal we ask that full payment is made with in 14 days.
Any outstanding payments will receive a reminder on the due date. At this point we then expect payment to be made or for the account holder to contact our finance department (email@example.com) to discuss payment plans and other options. If there is no contact within 48 hours of the due date and reminder an 8% late payment fee will be added to your account. This will be increased by 8% every week reaching a maximum of £50. At this point, if no contact has been made and there is not a payment plan in place we may remove the student allocated to the account from their class until this has been rectified.
HEALTH INFORMATION AND MEDICAL RELEASE/WAIVER FORM.
I the parent/guardian, am aware that participation in dance is potentially dangerous and involves risk of injury. I understand that these risks include, but are not limited to injury to ligaments, muscles, tendons, bones, and other aspects of the body that may include head, neck or spine.
Due to the dangers of this activity, I understand the importance of my child following the teachers instructions regarding techniques, training, and to their rules and agree that my child will obey these instructions. I consideration for Colman Creative Academy activities,
I hereby assume all the risks associated with the sport of dance and I agree to release Colman Creative Academy and its employees from any and all liability/responsibility which may arise in connection with my Childs participation in activities at Colman Creative Academy.
To ensure the smooth, safe running of Colman Creative Academy and an enjoyable experience by all.
We do reserve the right to dismiss or take disciplinary action on any student or parent who breach our academy's code of conduct following a written warning.
- Families who do not comply with their fee or costume payment obligations may be charged a late fee of 8% per week, and/or excluded from performances. External debt collection may occur when fees remain overdue and this will be at the expense of the client.
- We are unable to take responsibility for our students before or after their scheduled classes and it is the responsibility of the parent to ensure their child is picked up and dropped off on time. In the case of an emergency or unavoidable delay, please contact the studio immediately to inform us of the situation so we can keep your child calm and safe until they can be collected.
- Any questions or complaints must go through email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Parents and students are not permitted to contact Colman Creative Academy staff via phone, in person, or social networking with studio issues. CCA will not tolerate complaints posted on our social media, specifically the parent group as this can result in a negative space. These comments/posts will be deleted and parents involved will be removed from the platform.
- In the rare case of a parent or student showing disrespect or defamation to any parent, staff member or student, a meeting will be called immediately and dismissal may be considered at the discretion of the director. Physical, mental, emotional or cyber bullying by parents, staff or students will not be tolerated and will result in an immediate dismissal from the studio.
- Parent/Guardians understand that students exhibiting inappropriate behaviour will be removed from the dance class and agree to partner with staff to resolve behavioural issues immediately so their child may return to class in a timely manner.
- Parent/ Guardians must understand that dance is fun but also a DISCIPLINE. Your child may receive corrections, the teacher may yell over the music directions/corrections, your child may be asked to repeat things numerous times and sometimes the teacher may take a firm stance in class to achieve results. This is not the teacher picking on your child, disrespecting your child or having an attitude problem but your teacher striving for results, maximising your child’s potential and sometimes working to a deadline (performances or exams). If there are any concerns in this matter, please email email@example.com.
- Parents need to check emails regularly. All correspondence for CCA is done via email or our Parent Facebook group so please ensure you provide your current email address on the registration form. CCA will not take any responsibility for missed information due to incorrect details provided.
In accordance with our child protection policy we will not permit photographs, video or other images of young people to be taken without the consent of the child or the parent if the child is under 16.
Colman Creative Academy will take all steps to ensure these images are used solely for the purposes they are intended. If you become aware that these images are being used inappropriately you should inform Colman Creative Academy immediately.
By confirming this waiver you are agreeing to:
- I give permission for my child's photograph to be used within the academy for display purposes
- I give permission for my child's photograph to be used within other printed publications
- I give permission for my child's photography and video to be used on the academy website
- I give permission for my child's photograph and video to be used on the academy's social media page
To receive marketing communication as well as important information regarding class changes, event details and studio updates, please opt-in for marketing emails. You can change your mind at any time and opt out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org however you will then no longer receive important information about your child's classes.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com