Elev8 Dance Inc Participation Agreement
Assumption of Risk: In consideration of being permitted to participate in any dance classes, rehearsals and recitals, students and parents for themselves, their personal representatives, heirs and next of kin: 1) hereby release, waive, discharge, and convenient not to sue Elev8 Dance Inc, their directors, officers, agents, and employees, all for the purpose herein referred to as "Releasees", from all liability to the undersigned student/parent, their personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin for any and all loss or damage, and any claims or demands therefor on account of injury to the person or resulting in death of the student arising out of or related to dance, whether caused by negligence of the Releasees or otherwise. 2) hereby agree to indemnify and save and hold harmless the Releasees and each of them from any loss, liability, damage or cost they may incur arising out of or related to dance whether caused by negligence of the Releasees or otherwise. 3) hereby assume full responsibility for any risk of bodily injury or death arising out of or related to dance, whether caused by negligence of the Releasees or otherwise. 4) hereby agree that this release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk and indemnity agreement extends to all act of negligence by the Releasees and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the Province of Ontario and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
Release of Liability: I acknowledge that activities with Elev8 Dance Inc may involve the risk of serious injury and/or death. I have read this policy document, release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk and indemnity agreement, fully understanding its terms. Understanding that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and have signed it freely and voluntarily without any inducement, assurance or guarantee being made to me, I intend my signature to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law. Images and videos taken during classes, events or performances or provided to the Elev8 Dance Inc of myself or my child may be used online or for promotional purposes.
Payment Policies: Fees are non-refundable. By registering, I agree to set up a pre-authorized credit card for automatic payments, provide post-dated cheques or make my payment in full. Payments are due on the 1st day of each month. Monthly payments represent a portion of the program fees for the school year and may increase or decrease for longer or shorter months. There are no refunds or transferals on any fees paid. If classes are held online, fees will be collected as scheduled. N.S.F. fees are the responsibility of the account holder to repay. A 10% late charge is added to payments three days overdue. The three-day grace period is provided to update payment information or make payment arrangements. With missed classes (e.g. absence, illness, inclement weather, force majeure or government order), time/fees will not be refunded or recovered.
Uniform Policy: Tuition fees do not include personal items such as uniforms (e.g. leotards, t-shirt, tights and shoes). The proper and approved uniform is required to participate in classes and performances. My child, out of uniform, will be provided with the necessary items, billed to my account. Failure to honour this policy will result in missed classes or dismissal. The uniform policy is printed in the studio.
Early Withdrawal Policy: To withdraw, inform the office by letter or e-mail. Withdrawals received on or after the 15th of the month will be processed for the end of the following month, with fees collected as scheduled. Absence from class does not suggest a withdrawal. Fees are non-refundable or transferable. To withdraw from a Pre-K or Adult program, contact the office by phone or email before your upcoming billing date. Absence from class does not suggest a withdrawal. Fees billed before withdrawal are non-refundable or transferable.
Rules and Regulations:
• Youth students must take part in the Spring Recital. The Spring Recital may be online or in-person. All attendees agree to purchase tickets to attend. Youth performers do not need to purchase tickets.
• Damages, vandalism or theft are the involved parties' financial responsibility.
• Outside shoes do not enter the building and should be removed upon entry.
• Bringing valuables to the studio is discouraged. We are not responsible for lost or damaged items.
• Food and drinks are only permitted in the lobby area. No gum or peanuts are allowed in the building.
• If a student requires medical or restroom assistance, one parent/guardian must stay to assist.
• Lobby sitting is limited and not guaranteed. The building is designed to maximize studio space.
• Children not participating in class may not be left unsupervised in the building or on the premises.
• Elev8 Dance Inc reserves the right to change, combine or cancel classes.
• It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to make sure they are up to date on newsletters, receiving emails or information posted in the studio.
• Failure to honour the policies outlined by Elev8 Dance Inc will result in dismissal from classes, programs and performances.