JET DANCE STUDENT AND CLIENT POLICY
Classes begin starting on February 1st and ending yearly on the completion of the recital (TBA) in July. Dates within that time where classes will be temporarily suspended are as follows:
October 10 Thanksgiving
October 31 Halloween
November 11 Remembrance Day
December 23 - January 8 Winter Holidays
February 20 Family Day
March 25 - April 9 Easter Break
May 22 Victoria Day
July 1 Canada Day
Tuition costs vary based on current sales, discounts, allowances, advancement, and are subject to yearly review. With proper notification to the customer, prices may be subject to change at the discretion of sales management.
The base cost for classes are as follows:
CLASS LENGTH ASSOCIATED COST / MONTH
30 Minutes $45 CAD
45 Minutes $60 CAD
60 Minutes $70 CAD
Extra fees associated with classes are as follows:
FEE TYPE OF PAYMENT COST
Costume Fee Per Class $25
Registration Per Student (Up to 3) $40
Tuition and fees are due and payable on the 1st of every month via pre-authorized automatic bank transfer. Optionally, the total of yearly tuition may instead be paid in full at the commencement of the school year. Tuition fees are charged per month and are not subject to change due to planned or unplanned absences from scheduled classes. Late payment will result in temporary class suspension until the due balance is paid. A grace period of 1 month is extended to customers with non-payment status before suspensions are enforced. Suspensions conclude immediately with the full payment of outstanding fees. Clients with non-payment status will be barred from registering for new classes until outstanding fees are paid in full.
No refunds on paid tuition, registration, or dancewear fees will be made after classes begin; exempting transaction error. Costume fees may be refunded in the event of cancellation before January 1st. Dancewear Exchanges are permitted when dancewear arrives in the wrong size.
You may cancel your commitment during the term of enrollment upon the following conditions:
a) You may cancel a class without penalty within two weeks of enrollment.
b) You may cancel a class upon 30-day advance written notice to JET Dance
c) You change your permanent residence to a location more than 50 Km from JET Dance Studio
e) You or the enrolled students death or permanent physical disability
All requests for cancellation of membership must be submitted by writing or email to: info@JETDanceStudio.com
You are responsible for all membership fees incurred until you cancel your enrollment in accordance with the terms of such Agreement. We reserve the right to terminate or deny re-enrollment for an indeterminate amount of time if a customer has an unsatisfactory payment history.
In the event of a 30-day advance cancellation notice, no fee will be taken except in the case of a late withdrawal. April 1st is the cutoff date for non-penalty cancellations. Afterward, fees will be charged based on the date JET Dance was notified about class cancellation:
CANCELLATION DATE FEE PER CLASS
April 2 - 30 $15 CAD
May 1 - 31 $30 CAD
June 1 - 30 $50 CAD
Students must adhere to the JET Dance dress code when inside the studio or at JET Dance Activities. Clothing that displays vulgar words, illicit drug use, alcohol use, inappropriate euphemisms, hate speech, or sexual depictions of nudity, are strictly prohibited at the academy. During classes, no Gender-specific dress requirements will be enforced. All students’ clothing while at the studio must cover the chest and privates at all times, with no regard to personal gender identity. The Creative Director reserves the right for final say on Costume choice during dress rehearsals and performances.
Each class has specific dress requirements that must be met in order to participate. In-Store, and in the PDF version of this document, JET Dance has provided clients with a quick-guide on rules and regulations within each class. Proper Apparel, Footwear, and
Hairstyles are clearly displayed within. Purchase of all required clothing is the direct responsibility of the client. Contact your class teacher with related questions or for more information regarding purchase through or outside of
the studio. Students who do not comply with JET Dance dress code will be barred from attending classes until proper attire is worn.
Class & Studio Rules
In order to maintain a quality of education at the academy, class rules are in place. Class rules are enforced by teachers while in class. At times, greater disciplinary action may be required. Cases may be escalated, with the creative director having final say on disciplinary punishment including suspension or expulsion.
● Students must be respectful to staff and each other
● No derogatory language
● Zero tolerance for bullying
● No phones or other technology is allowed in class without the pre-approval of staff
● Overly disruptive behaviour is not tolerated
● Proper attire is required for attendance.
● Parents are not allowed in classes unless invited by staff
● Absences and tardies will be recorded and inadequate attendance may result in exclusion from year-end show performances
● JET Dance studio does not provide supervision to children prior to, in between, or after classes.
● Children are not to be left in the studio for more than 45 minutes prior to, or after class without parent supervision, unless staff consent is granted.
● Parents and Students may not disturb a class in session except in case of emergency.
Common Area Guidelines
● JET Dance is not liable for the loss or theft of any personal property that is left or stored on site.
● Clients may not loiter in the hallways or cause any obstruction to common area use.
● Food that is left in the common fridge will be disposed of weekly.
● Students must refrain from storing or eating food with common allergens on site.
● Students may not share food.
● No running or horseplay is allowed in common areas.
● No loud noises or yelling is allowed in common areas.
● NO NUTS are allowed on premises, due to allergen safety
Disciplinary action will follow JET Dance Staff Discipline Policy. When responding to unacceptable student behaviour, the creative director and/or teacher will be considerate to:
1. The age, maturity, and individual circumstances including the student’s social, emotional, developmental and cognitive levels;
2. The student’s learning needs;
3. The nature and severity of the action or incident;
4. The effect of the student’s behaviour upon other students, the staff, the school environment, and the community;
5. The student’s previous conduct and previous interventions;
6. The impact of proposed action on the student’s future behaviour; and
7. Any other information that the teacher or creative director considers relevant in assessing the response to the behaviour
ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND ALL RECITALS AND REHEARSALS
JET Dance hosts or participates in, namely the year-end show, unless stated otherwise. Tickets are available for purchase in-store or through the parent portal. Student attendance to recital dress rehearsals is required for show participation. Clients are required to
pay the costume fee prior to the recital. Clients may be required to purchase additional dancewear in order to comply with secondary dress requirements. Students must also comply with dress code standards during recital dress rehearsals.
Failure to comply with recital policy may result in exclusion from performances.