Your registration at Elite Dance Corps signifies your acknowledgement and acceptance of the terms and conditions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. CLASS CLOSURES/OPENINGS, etc.: Elite Dance Corps reserves the right to close/open/amalgamate classes depending on the number of registered dancers. Families will be notified of any changes.
2. CLASS CANCELLATIONS: Elite Dance Corps reserves the right to cancel classes due to weather conditions or instructor’s illness. Every effort will be made to keep classes running as regularly scheduled. All families will be notified of any class cancellations due to instructor’s illness. Should the weather be questionable, we ask that families phone the dance studio as a recording will be left with information regarding class cancellations.
**Classes cancelled due to weather WILL NOT be rescheduled or refunded. Classes cancelled due to inclement weather will move to the virtual format if the inclement weather continues for a consecutive week.
3. REGISTRATION FEE: All dancers/families must remit a registration fee. This fee assists with administrative costs associated with organizing students into our registration system and secures placement into the preferred class(es).
The registration fee also includes a digital copy of our year-end recital.
**This fee is non-refundable.
4. STUDIO CLOSURE: In the event of a government mandated closure, Elite Dance Corps will continue all lessons in a virtual format. Lessons will continue for the duration and completion of one Term. After which time, clients will have the option to cancel their participation in virtual lessons.
*Schedule/Length of class(es) may be adjusted slightly within the virtual format.
*Fees/Processing will continue as regularly scheduled.
*Program Fees/Costumes will not be refunded under a government mandated closure.
*Term 1: Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec | Term 2: Jan/Feb/Mar | Term 3: Apr/May/June
5. WITHDRAWAL & REFUND: Dancers that withdraw from classes will have their remaining post-dated cheques returned and/or all future pre-authorized payment plans will be cancelled.
**PLEASE NOTE: Our office MUST be informed IN WRITING of any program withdrawals 7 DAYS PRIOR TO ANY PAYMENT PROCESSING DUE DATES. All programs are a total of 36 weeks and fees are calculated by factoring in all holidays. There are no refunds for holidays.
**Classes missed due to student illness WILL NOT be refunded unless accompanied by a doctor’s note.
**Classes missed due to personal absence WILL NOT be refunded (Ex. Family vacation, wedding, etc.).
**Classes missed due to public health mandated quarantine will not be refunded.
**Classes missed due to government mandated closure will not be refunded.
6. COSTUME POLICY: All dancers are required to purchase one costume for each class.
Dancers are required to participate in the year-end recital.
Recital costumes are $80 + HST each for Baby Bop and Kinderdance; $85 + HST each for Mini, Junior, Intermediate, and Senior recreational levels. Competition Costumes range from $150 - $350 + HST each.
Recital costumes must be paid in full by February 15th.
Competition Costume Deposits must be paid in full by October 15th.
Elite Dance Corps must be notified in writing by November 1st if your son/daughter wishes not to perform in the year-end recital. Any dancers that do not wish to perform in the year-end recital will complete their classes at the end of December.
Once costumes are ordered, dancers are expected to pay the balance owing on their total costume bill regardless of competition or recital participation.
Elite Dance Corps does its very best to select appropriate costumes based on the theme of the routine and age of dancers. Sizing for costumes is done months in advance as the costume companies require plenty of time to fulfill orders. Every effort is made to account for reasonable growth. Most of our costumes are NOT custom fit, rather they are purchased from companies that specialize in dance costumes. Costumes are selected from a catalogue and are made according to a general measurement chart.
**Costume alterations are the responsibility of the student/parent.
**Costume fees are Non-Refundable.
7. RETURNED CHEQUES: A returned cheque will receive a $25 service charge and funds owing to Elite Dance Corps shall become payable by credit card or cash immediately. This will eliminate disruption in your child’s dance lessons, as they will not be permitted in class until all fees & service charges are paid in full.
8. PAYMENT OF TUITION: Post-dated cheques or Pre-Authorized Visa or MasterCard are the only forms of payment accepted for all program fees. Dancers will not be permitted to commence classes until all payment information has been remitted.
**Tuition is calculated based on a minimum of 36 weeks of lessons and all holidays have been accounted for.
Fees are due in 10 equal payments dated the first day of each month: September 1st-June 1st.
**Monthly cash and/or Email-Transfer payments are not accepted.
9. ADMINISTRATION FEE: A $10 administration/late fee will be invoiced for each transaction not received on the due date. This will apply to any requests made for alternate payment processing dates. This fee will also be charged to accounts with declined credit card payments.
**This fee will be charged for every 30 days past due thereafter.
10. BLENDED FAMILIES/“DOUBLE BILLING”: Any fees paid by 2 separate individuals requiring separate invoicing:
i. MUST pay the Family Registration Rate for individual children; or if more than one child an additional $25.00 Administrative Fee. (All fees are subject to HST).
ii. Primary Contact listed on Registration Form will be the first point of contact regarding any studio communication unless otherwise specified in writing.
iii. If Secondary Contact is in arrears 30 days or more, the Primary Contact will be responsible for ALL fees for the remainder of season. All Administrative/Late Fees will apply.
11. STUDIO PRACTICE TIME: All financial transactions and scheduling must be arranged with EDC Reception/Office Manager. Dancers 10 years of age and younger MUST be supervised by an EDC Assistant or a more senior/advanced dancer. No parents/siblings/friends permitted in the studio rooms/dancers’ lounge/change room.
12. MEDICATIONS/EMERGENCY SITUATION: CHILDREN REQUIRING EPIPENS AND/OR INHALERS MUST HAVE THEM ON THEIR PERSON and/or IN THE STUDIO AT ALL TIMES. Elite Dance Corps will not be responsible for any lost and/or stolen and/or damaged items, including but not limited to medications, medical alert jewelry, etc.
Parents/Guardians will be contacted immediately regarding any incidents.
In the event of an emergency requiring an ambulance or paramedics or any other emergency personnel, any incurred charges are the responsibility of the parent(s)/guardian(s).
13. CLASS ATTIRE: Dancers and parents agree to always comply with the class uniform requirements. Teachers at Elite Dance Corps reserve the right to deny a dancer participation in class without proper attire. Parents will be notified if attire issues persist.
14. ATTENDANCE: We ask all dancers and parents to be committed to their classes by attending them regularly, especially during choreography months (Competition Team: Oct-Mar / Recital Team: Jan-June).
Dancers are responsible for lessons missed. EDC Staff may request private lessons for dancers.
**Classes missed due to student illness will not be refunded unless accompanied by a doctor’s note.
**Dancers displaying symptoms of COVID-19 and/or receive a positive test result of COVID-19 are NOT permitted entry into the dance studio. Dancers must be symptom free for 24 hours and/or complete the necessary quarantine period before they will be permitted entry.
**If a member of the same household has tested positive for COVID-19, then the dancer(s) from that household are to monitor their symptoms closely. Dancers are permitted to attend class if they have no symptoms.
**Dancers under quarantine guidance by medical professionals/public health/provincial government will resume their classes in a hybrid virtual format when possible. No refunds will be issued.
15. DISCIPLINARY ACTION: Teachers of Elite Dance Corps reserve the right to ask dancers to leave class if behaviour is affecting the learning environment. Should this happen on more than 2 occasions, dancers may or may not be able to participate in certain special events (i.e.: Santa Claus Parade, Year-End Recital, Competitions, Canada Day, etc.)
Outside of the dance studio, Elite Dance Corps is not responsible for any communication between staff/parents/fellow teammates. It is strongly advised that any grievances occurred at the dance studio/team event be brought to the attention of the Studio Director. Parents are not to confront children regarding such grievances.
**Any dancers/parents not respecting the restrictions regarding COVID-19 will be asked to leave the facility. **Refunds will not be issued under this circumstance.
16. PARENT VIEWING: Parents are not permitted to accompany their child to dance class. Certain circumstances may apply. Elite Dance Corps has closed circuit cameras in each studio room that are displayed on the television in the lobby. Parents are welcome to view their child’s class from our lobby.
**Due to government mandated capacity restrictions, Elite Dance Corps may be forced to close its lobby/viewing area.
17. STUDIO COMMUNICATION: For all questions about studio matters, we ask that communication be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The personal telephones and social media of our staff will not be used to discuss Elite Dance Corps matters. By communicating through studio email, we are able to track/respond/follow up with all matters in one central area. This will allow Elite Dance Corps to provide you with the best service possible.
**Email is Elite Dance Corps’ primary source of communication with its clientele. Be sure to add the studio email address to your contacts to ensure all information is received.
18. PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL: On occasion, pictures, and videos of the dancers will be used for promotional purposes by various forms of media. By registering at Elite Dance Corps, you agree to have your child(ren)s photos/videos used for promotional purposes. Any objections to this must be sent to Elite Dance Corps in writing.
19. SOCIAL MEDIA: Elite Dance Corps assumes no responsibility for social media posts not approved/created by Elite Dance Corps. To protect the choreography rights of Elite Dance Corps, we ask that videos of performances/routines/costumes/etc. are not posted on social media unless created by Elite Dance Corps.
In compliance with the Terms & Conditions, Elite Dance Corps can ensure a professional and fun environment for all dancers and parents to enjoy.
TEAM MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
Please be sure to carefully review your membership requirements and guidelines.
In order to have the most effective use of time and skill, our competition team is made up of 2 streams…Part Time and Full Time (Company).
The Part Time (PT) level is for our dancers that are ready to compete and have the option of training fewer hours per week. These dancers require more attention on their technique and have obvious potential for growth.
*Dancers selected for the Part Time division are not able to participate in Company level classes, unless invited by an instructor.
The Company (Co.) level is for our most advanced dancers that will train more intensively. They welcome the rigorous challenges of advanced level classes. A strong technical background is required.
*Dancers selected for the Company level can participate in Part Time level classes.
Class selections are made at the sole discretion of the Elite Dance Corps staff and these selections are final.
Dancers will be placed in the division and level which best compliments their technique. Age may or may not be a factor in class/level placement.
TEAM MEMBERSHIP GUIDELINES
Congratulations on being selected amongst all our dancers to become a member of our competition team!
This great honour is given by invitation only at the sole discretion of the EDC staff. To become a member of our award-winning team, a dancer must possess a positive attitude, great dedication and an exceptional understanding of dance technique. This is measured by performances throughout the current dance season and summer auditions. Being invited to join the team is a privilege, as this is an honour not bestowed on all dancers at Elite Dance Corps. Our team will travel from city to city competing for championship titles and continue their training at an advanced level.
BENEFITS OF COMPETITIVE DANCING
There are many benefits to competitive dance that stretch beyond the studio room! This includes, but is not limited to, self-confidence, discipline and positive teamwork. These are skills that will benefit dancers throughout the rest of their lives.
Elite Dance Corps is a huge community supporter and prides itself in being involved in many community events such as: Santa Claus Parade, Canada Day Celebration, and Carrot Fest. These performances are mandatory for competition team dancers.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Dancers will always be respectful of all other dancers on their team and from other dance studios. Remember, you are representing the entire EDC team when attending competitions and community events.
Dancers will train hard and laugh hard! We want you to enjoy dancing and at the same time work hard within your group. You get out of your training what you put into it.
Kind and respectful behavior is expected. Don’t let your team down! Any dancers found to be disrespectful will be removed from the team.
All Competitive Dancers MUST purchase the EDC Team Jacket. This is your team attire and must be worn at all competitions and special performances.
Competition Team Dancers are also expected to always wear appropriate dance attire to all classes. Please refer to your Information Package given to you upon registration. Any dancers attending class with improper uniform will receive a warning. Should a dancer come to class a second time with improper uniform, they will be asked to sit out and receive an absence.
Attendance is a very important aspect of being a member on the competition team. When a dancer is absent, they are missing important lessons and they are impeding the progress of choreography within their class. We expect 100% dedication. A dancer on the competition team should only be away from class if they are severely ill. Dancers that are injured should be viewing class; they will not be marked absent. Frequent absences will result in removal from the competitive team.
Because attendance is so crucial to the success of the team, our members are allowed 4 absences throughout the entire dance season unless a doctor’s note is provided.
Dancers are NOT permitted to miss any classes the week prior to, and the week of, a competition/recital/community event/etc. Dancers that disregard this rule will have their solo removed from the upcoming competition, and/or removed from a group dance, and/or will not be considered for any special performances/groups for the upcoming season.
Please be considerate of ALL other team members and staff when planning holidays.
Refunds will not be granted.
*COVID-19 ATTENDANCE PROTOCOL: Dancers displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 and/or receive a positive test result, are not permitted entry into our facility until they are symptom free for 24 hours OR the required quarantine period has been fulfilled.
Elite Dance Corps strives to make their dancers well-rounded. Our dancers will participate in Ballet exams, as well as Jazz, Tap, and Acro exams. Exams offer dancers the opportunity to showcase their talent to an industry professional in a more intimate setting. Participating in dance exams allows the dancers to evaluate their own progress by measuring their level of technique. A minimum of 1 dance exam, chosen by EDC staff, will be mandatory. Dance exams and extra classes will be an additional fee.
*Dance Exam Fees are Non-Refundable.
*In the event a dance association is unable to fulfill its service obligation, Elite Dance Corps will not be held liable for any fee reimbursement.
SOLO / DUET / TRIO / SPECIAL GROUP
By invitation only, dancers may be selected to perform in a solo/duet/trio/special group. This is given at the discretion of the EDC staff. These dances are a privilege that must be respected with the highest honour.
These special dances are a separate flat rate, payable upon commencement of choreography classes.
A dancer must be enrolled in a weekly class of a specific genre of dance before they are eligible for a special dance. (Example: Dancer may not dance a competitive Jazz solo if they are not in a competitive Jazz group). All choreography classes for a special dance will commence during the summer months unless otherwise organized by Elite Dance Corps.
Attendance for solo/duet/trio/special group will be monitored closely. Too many missed lessons will result in the removal from the affected solo/duet/trio/special group.
*Solo/Duet/Trio/Special Group Fees are Non-Refundable.
*In the event of a government closure, Elite Dance Corps will not be held liable for any fee reimbursement.
All competition entry fees are due on November 15th.
Unpaid fees by January 15th will result in the removal of your child from the competition team.
Competition venue location/schedule will be given approximately 2 weeks (or more) in advance. Your child will have a specific date and time for which they will be required to dance. It is your responsibility for transportation, accommodations (if necessary), and arriving on time. All dancers are asked to arrive at the venue a minimum of 1 hour prior to their scheduled time, ready to perform. Late arrivals may result in disqualification. Please note that Elite Dance Corps has no control over competition schedules. The schedules are final and will not be changed unless the competition organization has made a scheduling error.
Please make yourself available for all dates listed for each competition.
The Elite Dance Corps Competition Team will attend 3 or 4 mandatory competitions throughout the season (spring). Dancers/families will be required to travel to different cities to attend dance competitions.
EDC Competition Team dancers will have the opportunity to compete in an optional competition in early spring.
*Groups must have all dancers willing to participate in the optional competition to attend.
*Competition Entry Fees are Non-Refundable. In the event a dance competition is unable to fulfill its service obligation, Elite Dance Corps will not be held liable for any fee reimbursement.
COMPETITION TEAM SHOWCASE ~ FRIDAY, MARCH 8TH, 2024
In preparation for our dancers to perform their routines on stage in front of judges, Elite Dance Corps hosts a Competition Team Showcase early spring. This MANDATORY PERFORMANCE will be held at the New Roads Performing Arts Centre – Newmarket, where friends and family are welcome to purchase tickets to have a sneak peek at our team routines!
COMPETITION TEAM WINNINGS
The competition team dancers at EDC have been fortunate enough to win monetary prizes at some of the competitions that we have attended. The purpose of the monetary prizes is to better the dancers and studio. EDC has decided to put monetary prizes that we may win this upcoming competition season, towards our dancers and studio in a variety of ways. This will be done by either inviting guest instructors to visit our dance studio to share their expertise; building/transporting props; team parties; special events; training equipment; credit on accounts; etc.
All individual ribbons, pins, medallions won at competition will be given to the dancers directly.
Any plaques, trophies, etc. awarded to a group dance will be the property of the dance studio. Dancers must give an EDC staff member all trophies/plaques/envelopes/special awards won for group routines after each awards session.
Any group prize money/scholarships handed out during an awards session must be given to EDC staff.
Because dancers are judged on their overall appearance, costumes play a huge roll in their success at competition (See Costume Fee Structure Above).
Jewelry, make-up, tights, and shoes will be an additional expense. All competitive costume fees must be received no later than October 15th to ensure a costume is ordered/made for each dancer by our first performance date.
Competitive costumes that are not custom made may require alterations. Minor alterations will be the responsibility of the dancer. Elite Dance Corps orders costumes from various dance costume companies from all over Canada and the United States. A standardized measurement chart supplied by costume companies are used to select a costume size for each dancer. Every effort is made to allow room for growth. Should a new costume need to be ordered due to extreme growth, the cost will be invoiced to the dancer.
Elite Dance Corps will have some costumes custom made from a professional seamstress.
Costume decorating will also be the responsibility of the dancer.
No solo/duet/trio costumes will be given decorations and/or be decorated by Elite Dance Corps.
All decorating patterns must be approved by the choreographer before work is completed.
*Costumes are Non-Refundable.
In the event that a team member becomes injured/ill/withdraws, it will be at Miss Tania’s discretion if an understudy will be used. All competition team members may be required to adjust their choreography. Every effort will be made to keep choreography unchanged.
Should a duet/trio partner become injured and unable to perform, no refunds will be issued and the routine may or may not perform in competition, showcase, recital, community event, etc.
The injured/ill/withdrawn dancer will loan their costumes to the understudy (if applicable) for the duration of the time needed.
Dancers with props for any solo/duet/trio, will be responsible for building and transporting their prop(s) to and from each competition. Any repairs needed to damaged props will be the responsibility of the dancer(s). All props will remain the property of Elite Dance Corps unless otherwise stated.
It is expected that all competition team members will make an honest effort to support fundraising activities. The dancers will directly benefit from the proceeds of all fundraisers. Elite Dance Corps will not head any fundraising events; these are to be arranged by parents/dancers. All fundraising events must be approved by Miss Tania before inception.
Your registration to the Elite Dance Corps competition team signifies your acknowledgement and acceptance of the terms and conditions within this agreement.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com