You must be over 18 to register for an account.
Students should not attend class if they have a fever, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, productive cough, severe nasal discharge, suspected communicable disease, lice, or any cold or flu-like symptoms not previously listed.
Please notify the studio if your child will not be attending class by submitting an absence through the Parent Portal.
Please note - missed classes (i.e. illness, vacation or other) for the dance season, camps or workshops are non-refundable. If the studio cancels class due to an emergency i.e. inclement weather, power outage etc. classes are non-refundable, but may be re-scheduled through the office.
Student tested positive for COVID-19? Dancer's cannot attend class for 5 days after symptoms started/the dancer tested positive.
At Not Just Another Dance Studio we believe that wearing appropriate dancewear sets the student up for success in their dance class. Appropriate dancewear also encourages discipline and focus while in class. Students are expected to come to class ready to dance. There is no specific colour or style required for our classes…half the fun for students is deciding what outfit to wear to dance class each week and suits your child’s style! Any style/brand of dance shoes are acceptable. NOTE: Outdoor shoes are NOT permitted in the studio.
* Acro - Any colour/style of dancewear i.e., bodysuit or biketard and tights (footless or convertible). Bare feet, no shoes. Please no dance skirts for Acro. Hair tied back i.e., French braid or ponytail.
* Ballet - Any colour/style of bodysuit, pink ballet tights, ballet shoes (leather or canvas) and hair in a bun.
* Contemporary - Any colour/style of dance wear i.e., bodysuit or biketard and tights. Bare feet or half soles. Hair in a ponytail.
* Hip Hop - Clothing that students can move in i.e., dance wear, shorts, t-shirt etc. (no jeans). Clean indoor running shoes. Hair in a ponytail.
* Jazz - Any colour/style of dancewear i.e., bodysuit/tights or biketard, jazz shoes (any style) and hair pulled back i.e., ponytail, French braid or bun.
* Lyrical - Any colour/style of dance wear i.e. bodysuit or biketard and tights. Bare feet or half soles. Hair in a ponytail.
* Musical Theatre – Athleticwear or dancewear, and any dance shoe.
* Tap - Any colour/style of dancewear i.e., bodysuit/tights, biketard, tap shoes and hair in a ponytail.
* Dance with Me – Parent or caregiver and dancers should wear comfortable clothing that they can move in. i.e. stretchy pants and a t-shirt, bodysuit, tights etc. Dance shoes, socks or bare feet are appropriate.
RAD EXAM CLASSES - There is a specific Dress Code for our dancers taking RAD Exam classes. Dancers must wear the appropriate style/colour of dancewear to class. Visit the Dance Shop at our Hamilton location to purchase the correct style of bodysuit, tights and shoes required for class/exams:
Grade 1 - Paradise
Grade 3 - Navy
Grade 5 - Burgundy
ELITE TEAM MEMBERS - Our Competitive Dancers must follow the dress code for every class that they attend, as they are role-models for our other dancers. Wearing thick and bulky sweaters and sweatpants to class is not appropriate. If a dancer is cold, they may wear their studio jacket during the class warmup, after which point the jacket should be removed. Ballet Team Dancers are to adhere to the RAD Dress code. Dancers not arriving in appropriate dancewear will be asked to view the class. Please refer to your Competitive Contract for additional information.
I realize that any program that involves movement or dance can result in physical injury. In allowing my child to participate in NJADS Inc activities, I hereby assume all the risks associated with the performing arts. I understand the importance of myself and my child following the instructions and rules set by members of the NJADS Inc Staff. As the legal parent or guardian, I hereby release and hold harmless Not Just Another Dance Studio (NJADS Inc.), its owners and Staff Members from any and all liability, claims, demands and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while in or upon the premises of NJADS Inc. Permission is hereby granted to the studio and its representatives to transport my child to a local doctor or hospital for medical treatment if necessary in the event that they are not able to reach a parent or guardian. I hereby declare the participant to be in good physical and mental health.
NJADS INC. does business under the name Not Just Another Dance Studio.
ENROLLMENT FOR 2023-2024 SEASON - By enrolling through our Studio Portal online, you are committing to the full dance season which runs from September through June (approximately 36 weeks). Tuition listed for each class is the monthly installment amount, and does not include HST. There is a $20.00 + HST Registration Fee billed per family at time of enrollment. This fee is waived for returning NJADS dancers that register before June 1st.
EQUAL PAYMENT PLAN: Tuition is billed in 10 Equal Monthly Installments for our dance season, and does not correspond to the number of classes in any given month. Monthly tuition is due on the 1st of each month (Sept-June) via Mastercard, Visa or post-dated cheque. If your bill has not been paid by the 5th, there is a $10.00 late fee (Including HST = $11.30) per month. Late fee notices will be sent via email. If your account is past due, we reserve the right to not allow students to participate in class. We do not release costumes, recital tickets or pictures to students with past due accounts. Cash is not an accepted form of payment for monthly class fees. Parents wishing to pay via cash must ensure they make a payment at the reception desk before the 1st of the month (If payment is not made we will bill the card on file). If a student receives 3 late payment charges in a dance season, the studio will switch your tuition payments to pre-pay, and you will be required to pay tuition on the 15th of each month for upcoming tuition payments.
SUMMER SESSION DANCE CLASSES: Our summer dance lessons run for either 4 or 8 weeks (refer to each class description for details). Fees will automatically be billed to the credit card on file one week prior to classes starting, and cover the entire length of the session. If you wish to pay at time of enrollment please contact us, and we can process your request. New students must pay the Annual Registration Fee of $20.00 per family at time of enrollment. Students withdrawing from summer classes once classes start will receive a pro-rated refund, minus a $20.00 administration fee.
SUMMER CAMPS: $25.00 Non-Refundable Registration Fee is due at time of enrollment to hold your spot. Camp fees are due on the 1st of the month in which the camp is held. Enrollments in our full 9-weeks of Summer Camps will be billed at time of enrollment, and receive a 10% discount compared to registering week by week for our Summer Camps.
ELITE TEAM DANCE INTENSIVES: Fees will automatically be billed to the credit card on file on the 1st of the month in which the intensive is held.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: A valid credit card must be on file for tuition payments. Alternately, we accept a set of 10-post dated cheques (Payable to NJADS Inc. dated September 1st through June 1st) for the dance season. Cheques must be received by our office by August 20th, otherwise we will bill the credit card on file. Parents wishing to pay via cash or e-transfer must PRE-PAY their account by the 20th of each month so that payment can be applied to fees properly prior to the 1st of the month.
PRE-PAYING TUITION IN FULL: Parents may pay their full dance season in full if they prefer. Please note these fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. If you decide to terminate enrollment for ANY reason, a credit will be placed on your studio account to be used towards future enrollments.
RETURNED PAYMENTS: Must be paid within 7 days via cash, certified cheque or money order, plus a $20.00 service charge (Including HST = $22.60).
WAITLIST POLICY: Students desiring placement in a full class/camp can be placed on a waitlist. To be put on a waitlist please do so through the studio portal. Select the class you wish to enroll for and click the "waitlist" button. While a credit card is required to be placed on a waitlist, your card will not be charged unless you get into the class. If a space becomes available the studio will enroll your child in the class and notify you via email. To be removed from a waitlist email email@example.com
NJADS Inc. reserves the right to combine or cancel classes, temporarily or permanently, without advance notice, due to an emergency or low enrollment. Teachers are subject to change without notice.
CANCELLING ENROLLMENT - Our dance season runs from September through June. Should your circumstances change, and you need to terminate your contract early, you may do so by completing the Withdrawal Form and Exit Survey online https://forms.gle/ueNbZASq4uHmPZ7i8
1. Cancellation Method: To cancel a contract early, one must complete the specified online form.
2. Notice Period: A 5-business day notice is required for termination.
3. Administration Fee: There is a $20.00 Administration Fee (plus HST) for early termination.
4. Tuition Payments: Future tuition payments will be stopped upon cancellation, but tuition fees are non-refundable once deposited each month.
5. Attendance and Withdrawal: Non-attendance of classes does not count as withdrawal. Formal termination via the online form is necessary.
6. Costume Fees: These are non-refundable and forfeited if a student terminates their contract early. The student will not receive a costume. Once costumes are ordered and a student drops the class, the remainder of the monthly costume fees are owed upon termination.
7. Withdrawal After April 1st: If withdrawal occurs after this date, NJADS Inc. requires monthly tuition payment until the end of the season in June, billed at the time of cancellation.
8. State of Emergency/Government Mandated Closure: In such cases, in-person classes will switch to online/virtual classes. Enrollment will automatically switch to online unless a parent specifically requests termination via the online form.
9. Refunds and Credits: No refunds or credits are offered for mid-month terminations.