Please check that your Emergency contact information is correct and up to date. If you have any allergies, medical conditions, recent injuries or have undergone surgery please provide information to The Brass Bar Staff.
The Brass Bar - Boutique Pole and Dance recommends that you consult with a medical or health professional whenever you start any new form of exercise, including pole dancing. Pole workouts can be strenuous on the body, particularly for ligaments and joints, so if you have had or have any existing injuries that may be of concern, we strongly encourage you to obtain medical advice and clearance for activity that may place pressure and tension on your injured region. This is especially important if you have a weakened joint structure due to past dislocation or if you are recovering from surgery involving your ligaments and/or tendons. Lower back, shoulder, wrist and knee injuries tend to be most commonly aggravated by this type of exercise.
I acknowledge that I must assess my own fitness level, ability to exercise and risk to my health by participating in any activity at The Brass Bar - Boutique Pole and Dance (the studio). I am aware that there is some risk involved with any exercise, and that my use of and participation in the studio and use of facilities and equipment may involve some risk. I acknowledge that any physical conditions I may have, of which I may or may not be aware, or which I may or may not have disclosed to “The Brass Bar”, may possibly be aggravated or worsened by participation.
I agree to inform staff at “The Brass Bar” of all current injuries and illnesses and accept any modifications the instructor may make to the program to accommodate these conditions. I agree to accept reasonable first aid advice and attention from the instructor and fulfil any requirements for incident reports in the case of an injury or incident during my time in the studio. I participate in this class acknowledging that my participation in this activity is not without risk or danger.
I hereby assume all responsibility for the dangers in undertaking any activities in the studio and hereby release and forever discharge Dsuzannep Trust Trading as The Brass Bar, and its employees, contractors or agents from all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses, damages, penalties, fines, costs and expenses ("Claims") howsoever arising, that I may have or may have had, arising from or in connection with my involvement in any activities in the studio or my attendance at the studio;
I hereby indemnify and shall continue to indemnify Dsuzannep Trust Trading as The Brass Bar, and its employees, contractors or agents in respect of any Claims arising, as a result of or in connection with, whether caused or contributed to (either directly or indirectly) by any act of negligence or omission on my part.
I agree to abide by The Brass Bar Rules contained on the back of this document and located on the walls around the studio and will do all that I can to minimise the risk of harm to myself and/or others during my visit to The Brass Bar.
I have read and agree to all of the terms and conditions outlined above.
Don’t worry; it’s FREE to become a member of The Brass Bar. There are no joining fees or membership fees like a regular gym. Your fees are simply for the classes that you choose to book in for.
However we do need you to read and agree to the following conditions of membership before you can take part in any fitness services in the studio.
Supplier: The Brass Bar
Address: Unit 4/82 Sugar Road, Maroochydore, Qld 4558
Membership Type: Free Membership
Initial Term: Initial term is indefinite as there are no Membership fees.
Included in Membership Fee: It’s free to be a member of The Brass Bar. Being a member simply entitles you to access our fitness services.
Credits and Refunds Policy
The Brass Bar Courses, Casual Classes, Private Classes and Functions are all considered to be Fitness Services that are available to you that are separate to, and not included in your membership. Our courses are 6 week group exercise programs that also entitle you to use our poles (fitness equipment) at times outside of your scheduled group class booking. Please note that there is a No Refund Policy on our courses (as with all our other fitness services. As stated below in the Fee Structure, Courses are purchased as a single unit, not divided into weekly payments. If, for some reason, a credit or refund is deemed to be warranted by management, a non-negotiable administration fee of 10% of the original total amount paid will be charged before the remaining fees are credited or refunded.
As per Fair Trading Legislation, any Fitness Centre Membership (free or not) is entitled to a 48 hr cooling off period (from the time of signing this agreement until 48 hrs after). During this time, after being notified in writing that you wish to cancel your membership, any unused fees paid by you must be refunded. Furthermore if you cancel your course in writing due to permanent sickness or physical incapacity, again all unused fees are to be refunded. Please note: Due to the fact that our courses are considered single unit products, once a course has commenced we are unable to offer your surrendered position to another customer. Therefore we consider your continued enrolment in any course past the scheduled first class as having used your fitness service and so are unable to offer refunds on course fees after the first scheduled class. However, if you are unable to attend a fitness service due to changes or cancellations made by The Brass Bar, we will endeavour to credit or refund your payment in full if you notify us before the commencement of the fitness service.
About the Membership
Your membership is free and indefinite. Therefore you are at liberty to cancel it at any time by just letting us know. We reserve the right to terminate membership if you breach any terms and conditions of this agreement, or if you seriously and/or consistently fail to abide by any of the Studio Rules (attached and located around the studio).
Conditions of your Membership:
• Before undertaking any activity at the studio you must fill in and sign a health screening waiver form
• If you believe that there is a risk to your health by participating in a fitness service in our studio, you are required to inform us in writing about the risk.
• If you are a casual client, you must assess your fitness level, ability to exercise and risk to your health by participating in a fitness service at this studio.
• If you are booking an Enrolled 6-week or 3-week Course, Private Class or Group Function you are required to secure your position with either a deposit payment or payment in full at the time of booking. If there is an outstanding amount the remainder must be paid prior to the commencement of services.
Minimum Deposit for Enrolled Courses (6-week & 3-week) and Private Lesson: $50
Minimum Deposit for Group Function/Pole Party: $100
• You can pay us by: online Eftpos / Cash / Direct Deposit
The Brass Bar Fitness Services and statement of fees, in accordance with Regulation 15 of the Fair Trading (Code of Practice—Fitness Industry) Regulation 2003:-
As at the date of this agreement, our maximum* fees for any of the following services are as follows:
Enrolled 6-week Course (Single Product): $160 -- 3-week Course (Single Product): $90
Ten Pack Pass (Single Product): $150.
Casual Classes: $20
Private Class: $80 for one on one, $100 for 2 people, $120 for three people
Group Functions: 4-9 people: $50 per person -- 10-14 people: $40 per head -- 15+ people: $35 per head – Spectators: $20 per head
Studio Individual Pole Hire: $30 per session (up to 2 hours)
*Please be aware that we may offer discounts and promotions on these prices from time to time. We may also alter the maximum fees from time to time during your membership; however you will be informed of any such change prior to booking and paying for any of our fitness services. Please see our website and Facebook pages for details on our regular (such as ‘Join with a friend’, and ‘Early Bird’, specials) as well as any one-off specials we run.
In acknowledging this disclaimer I wish to take up a free membership with The Brass Bar so that I can book in for Fitness Services such as courses, casual classes, private lessons and group functions at the studio. I have read and understand the conditions of the membership, including the credits and refunds policy. I have read and agree to abide by the terms of the membership and the studio rules.
The Brass Bar Studio Rules
During your visit to the studio, it is a requirement that you do all that is reasonable to minimise the risk of harm to yourself and others. Ensure that you have read the rules below before engaging in any activity on the pole and/or in the studio.
1. Follow all reasonable directions given by studio staff.
2. Do not engage in (or assist others in engaging in) activities that are dangerous and beyond your (or their) limits
3. Do not engage in activity on the poles if you have been drinking or taking any medication / drugs to the point that your safety (or safety of others) may be affected.
4. Do not increase your (or other people’s) risk of an incident by wearing products (such as moisturiser, fake tanning product, and some hair and makeup products), that come off onto the poles, making them slippery.
5. Do not attempt any moves / tricks in attire that is not safe and suitable for that move / trick.
6. Always warm up before your session and cool down (stretch) after your session effectively.
7. Always start your session by wiping down your pole with a towel and methylated spirits spray and repeat this process at the end of your session – making sure to remove all residue of chalk and/or other substances.
8. When using the poles, be aware and mindful of those around you so as to avoid collisions.
9. Always ensure that you have a ‘spotter’ if you are attempting a dangerous move / trick that you have not yet safely and consistently ‘mastered’.
a. If you are unsure as to whether the move / trick you are attempting is considered dangerous or whether you are in need of a ‘spotter’, you must first ask a staff member (such as receptionist, instructor or open practice supervisor) whether they think you need a ‘spotter’ for this move / trick.
b. If you have been doing a move / trick for a while and feel that you no longer need the ‘spotter’, you must still check with a staff member as to whether they agree that you can perform this move unassisted for the first time.
c. Even if you have done a move / trick before or have been doing a move / trick for some time without a ‘spotter’, you must still assess your level of risk and danger in trying the move / trick before each attempt. Strength and ability can fluctuate and conditions (such as climatic variation and pole condition) can change. It is your responsibility to make sure that you have minimised the chance of an incident occurring as a result of your activity on the pole and/or in the studio.
d. A ‘spotter’ can be any one in the studio, provided that they understand the technical aspects of the move / trick being attempted and are physically capable of aiding you in and out of the move / trick safely if necessary. You must assess whether the person you have asked to ‘spot’ you meets these requirements. We advise that Advanced level students should not rely on lower level students to spot them for upper level tricks, unless they are sure that the student meets the knowledge and capability requirements mentioned above.
10. Unless you are a teacher or employee, you are not permitted to teach moves/tricks of a higher level to lower level students.
11. If there is an incident, you are required to let a staff member know. Even if you are in doubt as to whether the incident is serious or not, you must let a staff member know so that they can assess whether First Aid is required and/or whether an Incident Report might need to be filled out.
12. Our staff are qualified in First Aid. You must follow the directions of staff in case of an accident or incident that required First Aid and follow all instructions required for filling out an Incident Report.
13. If you need to use the First Aid Kit, please make sure that the most qualified person available attends to any First Aid scenario and ensure that you have advised a staff member of what you have taken so that it can be replaced.
Workplace Health and Safety Information:
• A full copy of our Workplace Heath and Safety Policy can be accessed at any time in the studio and is located on the shelf behind the reception desk. Fire Evacuation Procedures can be found on the concrete pylon as you walk through the door of the studio. The building is fitted with smoke detectors, alarms and sprinklers. You are required to follow the directions of staff in case of an evacuation.
Thank you and enjoy your time at The Brass Bar - Boutique Pole and Dance
Everyone who comes to the studio must sign in and out for each visit
By signing in below, I confirm and agree that:
• I have previously completed and signed a The Brass Bar Enrolment / Health Screening Form and understand the conditions of participation
• I have informed my instructor of any existing condition that may be affected by my participation in this class and will inform them of any discomfort that arises during this class
• I have informed my instructor of any new pregnancy, injury, illness or medical condition, surgery or allergy that I have acquired since completing my initial Health Screening Form.
• I have updated any change of personal details, including name, phone numbers, email addresses, home address and emergency contact with reception.
• If I am completing a course, I have completed all pre-requisite courses required to undertake this course or have been given approval by a The Brass Bar instructor to undertake this course.
• I participate in this class acknowledging that my participation in this activity is not without risk or danger and
• I hereby assume all responsibility for the dangers in undertaking any activities in the studio and hereby release and forever discharge Dsuzannep Trust trading as The Brass Bar and its employees, contractors or agents from all actions, suites, proceedings, claims, demands, losses, damages, penalties, fines, costs and expenses ("Claims") howsoever arising, that I may have or may have had, arising from or in connection with my involvement in any activities in the studio or my attendance at the studio;
• I hereby indemnify and shall continue to indemnify Dsuzannep Trust trading as The Brass Bar and its employees, contractors or agents in respect of any Claims arising, as a result of or in connection with, whether caused or contributed to (either directly or indirectly) by any act of negligence or omission on my part.
• I have read and agree to all of the terms and conditions outlined above.
I agree to receive emails from The Brass Bar - Boutique Pole & Dance