You must be over 18 to register for an account.
I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS ACTIVITY OR EVENT, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence and carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, form dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault.
I certify that myself and/or my child(ren) are physically fit, have sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in the activity or event, and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my or my child(ren)'s participation in this activity or event. I certify that my child(ren) and I am in good health and do not pose a health risk to the public.
I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by the event holders, sponsors, and organizers of the activity or event in which I or my child(ren) may participate, and that it will govern mine and my child(ren)'s actions and responsibilities at said activity or event. In consideration of mine and my child(ren)'s application and permitting me and my child(ren) to participate in this event, I hereby take action for myself, my child(ren), my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE The Dance School LA, LLC and all divisions thereof of any and all liability and responsibility for injuries, sickness, pandemics, accidents, natural disasters and/or acts of God incurred during participation in and/or instruction of camps, summer intensives, summer sessions, programs, group classes, private lessons, or any activity I or my child(ren) may participate.
I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my or my child(ren)'s death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions any kind which may hereafter occur to me including my or my child(ren)'s traveling to and from this activity or event, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: The Dance School LA, LLC (also known as The Dance School LA) and their owners, members, employees, volunteers, the activity or event holders, activity or event sponsors, and activity or event volunteers.
I INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons mentioned in this waiver, release and registration form from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity or event, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise. The Accident Waiver and Release of Liability shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
The Dance School LA, LLC has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, The Dance School LA, LLC cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending in-person privates and classes with The Dance School LA, LLC could increase your risk and your child(ren)'s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending The Dance School LA, LLC and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at The Dance School LA, LLC or at the Client's place of residence for private lessons may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, The Dance School LA, LLC's owners, members, employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death, illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my or my child(ren)'s attendance at The Dance School LA, LLC or in participation in programming ("Claims"). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless The Dance School LA, LLC, its owners, members, employees, agents, and representatives, of an from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of The Dance School LA, LLC, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participating in any The Dance School LA, LLC's program(s) or events.
Students and Clients of The Dance School LA, LLC may have the opportunity to be photographed or video taped at various dance events. These photos or video may be included for The Dance School LA, LLC's publications or advertisements, including on our website and various social media sites. To ensure privacy, specific names of children will not be included. No financial compensation shall be given for use of any photographs or video.
I acknowledge that The Dance School LA, LLC may choose not to use my photo or video at this time, but may do so at its own discretion at a later date. The Dance School LA, LLC reserves the right to discontinue use of photos or video without notice.
I have read this release and I understand its contents. I consent to and authorize the use by The Dance School LA, LLC, or anyone authorized by The Dance School LA, LLC, of any and all photographs or video which have been taken of my child/children or myself. I further understand that no financial compensation will be given for use of these photos/videos.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our Site, The Dance School LA may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
First and Last Name
Student/Minor Names and Birthdates
If you purchase The Dance School LA's products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction.
The Dance School LA may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your:
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through The Dance School LA's public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Site; (b) registering for classes or services on our Site; (c) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (d) signing up for special offers from us or selected third parties; (e) sending us an email message; (f) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Dance School LA collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested. The Dance School LA may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from The Dance School LA and its affiliates.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
The Dance School LA does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. The Dance School LA may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is transferred to the third party. The Dance School LA may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you an email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to The Dance School LA, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
The Dance School LA may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the food faith belief that such an action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on The Dance School LA or the Site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of The Dance School LA; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of The Dance School LA, or the public.
OPT-OUT OF DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
In connection with any personal information we may disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you have the right to know: The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose. You have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data laws, as applicable, to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information. If you exercise your right to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, we will refrain from disclosing your personal information, unless you subsequently provide express authorization for the disclosure of your personal information. To opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, contact us at: email@example.com.
TRACKING USER BEHAVIOR
The Dance School LA may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within The Dance School LA, in order to determine what The Dance School LA services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within The Dance School LA to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by The Dance School LA. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of The Dance School LA website.
The Dance School LA website may use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cooke is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize The Dance School LA pages, or register with The Dance School LA site or services, or register to become a member with the Dance School LA site, a cookie helps The Dance School LA to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same The Dance School LA website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use The Dance School LA features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline Cookes, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of The Dance School LA services or websites you visit.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Dance School LA secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The Dance School LA uses the following methods for this purpose: SSL Protocol
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
RIGHT TO DELETION
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
Delete your personal information form our records; and Direct any service providers to delete your personal information form their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity; Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another customer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act; Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your exceptions based on your relationship with us; Comply with an existing legal obligation; or Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
CHILDREN UNDER 18
The Dance School LA does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of eighteen. If you are under the age of eighteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
OPT-OUT & UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIRD PARTY COMMUNICATIONS
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from third-party partners of The Dance School LA by contacting us here: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
From time to time, The Dance School LA may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from The Dance School LA or click on a link therein. If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from The Dance School LA, you may opt out by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE button or by emailing The Dance School LA at: email@example.com.
EXTERNAL DATA STORAGE SITES
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
The Dance School LA welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that The Dance School LA has not adhered to this Statement, please contact The Dance School LA at:
The Dance School LA, LLC
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Number: (818) 213-1144
Effective as of January 18, 2021
SCHOOL POLICY - ATTENDANCE & MAKE-UPS
- Attendance will be taken every day for each class.
- Students must arrive on time to all classes (in-person and online).
- If a student arrives late to any class (excluding private lessons) by 10 minutes or more, they will be asked to sit out for the session in order to prevent injury, and may take a make-up class if desired.
- The opportunity for make-up classes will only be given to: Students who inform us by email, phone, or their Online Account Portal of the student's absence (due to injury or illness), BEFORE the lesson (by at least an hour prior to the class's regular start time), Students who arrived late to a previous session and were asked to sit out.
- NOTE: The make-up class will only be given to the individual that missed a lesson due to injury or illness. These are not transferrable between siblings.
- Make-Ups are unavailable for Studio Closures due to Federal and Studio Celebrated Holidays. This is reflected in the price of classes.
- Make-up classes must be attended within 2 weeks of the initial missed class.
- The School will need to be contacted in order to schedule a make-up.
- All classes will be charged to your account regardless of absences or make-ups.
- If the student is a no-show for a private lesson, shared lesson, private dance placement, or master class, the full charge will be made to their account without the opportunity for a make-up.
- Private lessons may be moved to a later date if done at least 24 hours prior to the originally scheduled time. If any inquires to move the session is made within that
- If a teacher is a no-show for a private or group lesson, all students will receive a make-up opportunity.
- Individual Teachers are not guaranteed per lesson. Teachers are subject to change. Any students who arrive to class and do not attend or leave due to a substitute teacher or change of instructor will not be granted a make-up lesson opportunity.
IN-PERSON CLASS POLICY
- In-person classes are currently held indoors and follow all safety measures required by the city of Los Angeles.
Please go to our website to see our current COVID related policies.
ONLINE CLASS POLICY
- Students will need to have access to Zoom and the Internet in order to participate in our online lessons.
- All Attendance and Make-up policies still apply.
- NOTE: If you are regularly enrolled for In-Person Classes and would like to take class online due to an emergency or change of schedule, please make sure to let us know EITHER a day (24 hrs) in advance by email, or by calling or texting us the day of at: (818) 213-1144.
TUITION POLICY - REGISTRATION FEES
- All students are required to fill out a Registration form BEFORE taking any lessons with and at The Dance School LA. Parents looking to enroll their child in our program, and Adults interested in registering must go to our Registration Page. This includes an enrollment fee of $40 per 3-student family. This Registration Fee is a one-time per season fee for each family. The enrollment fee for Adults is $40. If all classes are dropped and a plan is cancelled, the registration fee will be required again in order to participate.
- All tuition - Whether for private lessons, group classes, master classes, summer intensives, or otherwise - is due BEFORE the start of each class, or if enrolled in Auto-pay (which is a requirement for enrollment), at the start of every month.
- Monthly Auto-Pay - Please note that all Tuition renews monthly at the end of every month and will continue to renew and charge to your account until it is cancelled.
- Please note that all paid fees and classes are non-refundable.
- Tuition for Students are based on an 11 month dance year, with full months charged August - June.
- Tuition for Adults are based on a full 12 month year.
- Payments are made on a monthly basis regardless of the actual number of classes per month. This helps us keep your monthly rates lower and more affordable.
- When you enroll for classes, you register for a full dance year of classes. By purchasing and enrolling in classes, you agree to the following rules: Starting July 1, 2022, The Dance School LA will be requiring individuals who plan on changing or dropping a class to provide a 30 day notice prior to the next billing cycle via our Change/Drop Class Form. You can access this form by clicking on FORMS at the bottom of the menu at thedanceschoolla.com, by clicking HERE, or by visiting the studio and asking for a printed copy. If a form was not filled out and returned to The Dance School LA within this period, then you may be subject to the following fees: If you are switching and changing between enrolled classes, a $25 processing fee must be paid. It is a $75 processing fee to cancel enrollment in all classes before the dance year is up. Any class drops or enrollment plan downgrades are subject to a $50 processing fee. You have the opportunity to avoid cancellation fees by choosing to freeze your enrollment, and agree to the $10/month processing fee in order to keep your current class enrollment frozen. There is no processing fee to increase your current enrollment.
- If our automatic system charged your card on file due to the studio being informed late regarding a cancellation, you are responsible for the payment, however, it can be applied towards your account and/or toward any processing and late fees.
- Bounced Payments - Any bounced payments or unsettled accounts will be charged 10% of the initially charged amount for a re-charge, and an additional 10% for every month left unpaid.
- Cancellation - You have the option to cancel any enrollment by contacting the studio. You will not be granted a refund if your card was already charged for the month, or if you received a service or goods before you initiated the cancellation process. Please see "Tuition" for more information regarding Monthly-Autopay and Membership Cancellation Fees.
- Refunds - No refunds will be awarded unless due to severe circumstances. In order to be considered, a formal letter will need to be sent to The Dance School LA, and a meeting will need to be initiated by the member with the Director of The Dance School LA. If no claim is made after 7 days of cancellation, then any possibility of a refund is forfeited.
- When is Recital - We offer two recitals per school season (August-June). Our Winter Recital is a full-length production that is hosted in December, while our Spring Recital is a held in June.
- Fees - Recital Fees vary, and usually include the following: Student Enrollment, Costumes, Recital Videos, Optional: Commemorative T-Shirt with your child's name on it! To see our current recital fees please to go Tuition.
- Recital Photoshoot - Dancers have the opportunity to take pictures with their friends and classmates in costume and makeup during Recital month! Dance Company members are required to attend photoshoot events, but this is optional for our Recreational Students.
- How to Lower Cost - We understand that sometimes it can be difficult to pay for recital, and we would like to help out by offering our DSLA Families the opportunity to lower costs when recital time approaches. Adding an extra $10-$40 per month to your current enrolled classes' auto-pay transaction will reduce the amount owed on your recital invoice. Contact us today to learn more or to add this option to your monthly amount!
- Refunds - We do not offer any refunds for Recital. By enrolling and paying any Recital related fees, you acknowledge this policy.
CONDUCT POLICY - CODE OF CONDUCT
- All students, parents, teachers, and staff are asked to act in a respectful manner when posting on our online forum and social media accounts, while taking classes, observing lessons, and when interacting with one another.
- Students should arrive on time to any and all classes (both online and in-person), and be prepared when they enter the lesson, with proper attire (see Class Attire below).
- Please Note: Disrespectful and inappropriate behavior toward students, faculty, staff, and any members of The Dance School LA will not be tolerated; and may be used as grounds for removal from DSLA classes and Dance Company.
- As behavior in the Lobby and Parent Waiting Area directly impact our dance classes, we kindly ask the following:
1. Individuals who wish to converse with one another, talk on phones, or watch videos and listen to music are asked to kindly step outside in order to not disrupt the lesson.
2. The areas in front of and around the front door entrance/exit, the front desk, and entrance to the dance floor remain clear for safety reasons. (These areas should remain unobstructed by seating, dance bags, shoes, or other objects of any kind in case of an emergency.)
3. If a student needs to be taken out of class for any reason, please notify the front desk so that the teacher and student may be informed in the least disruptive manner to the class.
4. Individuals who are sick or who would like to mask up during the lesson are welcome to approach the front desk for a free mask. More information on our Covid Safety Plan can be found here: https://www.thedanceschoolla.com/covid-safety-plan.
The Dance School LA requires very particular attire for enrollment in our lessons. Check out our CLASS ATTIRE PAGE at thedanceschoolla.com/class-attire for more up-to-date information.
All owners, staff, and employees of The Dance School LA believe that dance education should be available to all. Our Non-Discrimination Policy means that The Dance School LA does not discriminate against any color, race, gender, nationality, ethnicity, disability, or sexual orientation; and will admit any individual who is interested in a dance and/or fitness education and respects these values. Any and all students have the opportunity, right, and privilege to be a part of our programs, events, and performances. By extension, any act of discrimination against owners, staff, teachers, members, parents, or students will NOT be tolerated; and The Dance School LA, LLC reserves the right to refuse service to any such persons.
I have read and agree to The Dance School LA, LLC's Terms & Conditions, which can always be accessed online: https://www.thedanceschoolla.com/terms-conditions.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com