The following was created by students of the Peter Smith School and revised for students of the Heritage Irish Dance Company. In April, 2008, a group of approximately 50 students of varying ages got together and brain stormed, creating the following provisions for themselves and other students to abide by.
By clicking the "I Accept box", I acknowledge I have read and discussed the foregoing with my child and he or she understands and accepts same.
1. I will treat my classmates and teachers with respect. I understand that I should treat others the way I would like to be treated.
2. When I am at a competition or show, I will act courteously towards my parents, fellow competitors, and spectators attending the event. I understand that my highest priority at a competition or show is to focus on my performance, and that bringing boy/girlfriends to watch may be distracting to me or my classmates and is not in my best interest.
3. At dance outs, shows and competitions I will behave in a professional manner that will positively reflect on me and my dance school. I understand that this includes dressing appropriately for the venue in which I am performing by adhering to the dress code already set up by the Heritage Irish Dance Company.
4. I will treat my teachers with respect and speak to them in a considerate manner.
5. I will demonstrate good sportsmanship by being supportive of my classmates in competitions and watching them perform and receive awards. I will strive to congratulate everyone regardless of my placement.
6. I understand that my team depends on me to put forth my best effort at all times including being present at all scheduled practices (unless I’ve been excused by a teacher) and treating my teammates with kindness and understanding.
7. I understand that my place in a team/show is determined by my teachers. I understand that they take into consideration what is best for me and for the team as a whole when making these difficult decisions. I will respect the teachers of the Heritage Irish Dance Company by refraining from questioning decisions regarding material dancers are given, team placement, and eligibility for shows/competitions.
8. I will not use, sell or possess alcohol, drugs, tobacco, or weapons of any kind.
9. It is my privilege, not my right, to participate in competitions, classes and performances with the Heritage Irish Dance Company. I understand if I do not follow the Code of Conduct, I will face consequences determined by any or all of my teachers. I understand that these consequences will be dependent upon the severity of the violation and could include suspension from dance outs, shows, or competitions.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
I have read and understand all the Heritage Irish Dance Company policies written below, and will take the responsibility to carefully read and follow the rules and policies therein. I understand that Heritage Irish Dance Company does not give credit and/or refunds for class(es) missed due to holiday, vacation, or illness. Classes that are canceled by Heritage Irish Dance Company will be allowed to be made up at any other class location. I have reviewed the Class Requirements with my dancer and we understand same.
I agree not to hold the Heritage Irish Dance Company, Heritage Irish Dance, LLC and / or its teachers or associates responsible for any loss, injury, accident, or liability that might occur while my child is participating in dance lessons, shows, etc. I further state that my child/children are in good health and are not restricted from any physical activities such as dance, etc.
I have received and read Heritage Irish Dance Tuition Schedule and agree to make tuition payments by the scheduled due dates or incur noted late fees. I understand that when payments are in arrears my child may be excluded from classes. I also agree that my family understands and will abide by the attached Code of Conduct, Social Media Guidelines, Class Requirements, and Guidelines for Parents/Guardians.
I, the undersigned, give permission for Heritage Irish Dance Company to use video footage and / or photographs of my child/ward. This usage may include (but is not exclusive to) displaying publicly, distributing, or publishing, photographs, and/or video of my child for use in materials that include, but may not be limited to:
- printed materials (eg - brochures and newsletters)
- online and offline advertising and promotion
- videos and digital images such for use on Social Media.
By signing this form, I acknowledge that I am giving unrestricted permission for my child’s image to be used in print, video, and digital media. I agree that these images may be used by Heritage Irish Dance Company for a variety of purposes and that these images may be used without further notification.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com