Sign up now and pick your classes so that you don't miss out!
We need you to answer this to make sure you are a person and not spam.
Rivers Dance Centre'86 Registration Policy 2019: (Payment policy updated as of April 2019 for Auto Pay transaction fees)
Welcome to all new and returning students!
At ‘Rivers Dance Centre’ we provide a positive place for students to dance in a safe, clean & comfortable environment. We are all here together to share our love for dance and expect all sudents to respect our studio, peers & teachers.
Our professional, friendly & encouraging atmosphere makes Rivers an enjoyable place to Dance. We hope you enjoy your journey here at Rivers and look forward to meeting you all in class.
-Registration & payment - All students must be enrolled prior to commencing, this also applies to any returning students of Rivers Dance Centre86. All students must have up to date information including current address, phone numbers and any relevant medical history.
-A Non-refundable Registration & Insurance fee of $40 per student is required with registation.This fee covers the student for the entire year. For new students wishing to trial classes, we offer the option of a 3 CLASS trial pack for $45 which enables 3 classes of the students choice over the course of one month. Once the trail period has finished the student will be required to pay the registration fee and the remainder of the term fees.
-Missed classes :No credits will be given for missed classes. Students are encouraged to make up missed classes by attending other appropriate sessions through the week and must be validated by the principal prior to making up classes.
-All fees must be paid either via AUTO PAY by two instalments, the first installment week 1 of 50% of the tuition balance & week 3 for the remaining balance. Both transactions incur a 2.75% processing fee. If you would like to pay the account in full you can do so by paying directly through your portal with the 'PAY NOW' button.
-Classical Ballet class requirements Classical Ballet requires very refined dance techniques and therefore requires a minimum of 2 lessons per week above grade 1 level for satisfying results & to progress to the next grade.
-Performance Team requirements: Students wishing to enter into the Performance Teams need to contact Meryn to discuss entry into team & what is required. Performance Team guidelines are outlined on a separate sheet and incur additional fees for uniforms & costumes.
- Annual Costume costs: Throughout the year student’s work towards our annual end of year concert. A costume cost is required for each student usually between $60- $90 per student per item for classical ballet, and $40 per item for all other genres.
- Private Tuition: Private classes for Solos or Groups for eisteddfods or exam practise can be arranged with Meryn at an additional cost. There are no class bundles or family discounts on private lessons.
- Student safety: Our teachers are fully occupied with the class scheduled and cannot be responsible for supervising your child outside class times. Please arrange care for your children for the interval between school and class. All students need to be collected promptly after class finishes.
We do not allow parents to sit in & watch class, only in the instance that a young child requires the parent for a couple of trial classes whilst they are settling into our studio.
- Open week: Parents/Guardians are invited to view our classes in our ‘Open week’ which is the last week of every term.
Please take into consideration classes may run 5-10 mins over time in preparation for performances, exam classes or the annual concert. We do appreciate parent’s patience and support if we do run a little over time.
-Studio uniform policy 'Look like a dancer, feel like a dancer!'
Dance clothing is designed for maximum movement of the body, to compliment the style, clear vision for the teacher and to ensure minimum chance of injury. We allow a 2 week grace period for parents to arrange the appropriate uniform for classes. School uniforms are NOT permitted in class. If the student is not wearing the correct dance uniform for the genre, he/she will not be able to attend the class. This includes hair pulled back into a neat and tidy bun for ballet or a pony tail for jazz/contemporary/Hip-hop.
-Where to buy your uniforms?
Our very own Dance Shop ‘The Rivers Pointe ' is located at our studio!
We supply everything you need for your classes!
All dance uniforms for Ballet & Jazz including leotards & skirts, shorties, tights & shoes , plus hair pins & accessories, even concert makeup & dance & costume bags!
- Photos and videos: may be taken in class to show students progression and may be used on social media and for advertising purposes. We reserve the right to use photos for advertising purposes.
- Lost property: A Lost property Box is located outside the studio each lesson. This box is regularly taken to the op-shop if items are unclaimed at the end of a 6 week period. We do not accept responsibility for damaged/lost or stolen goods. Please mark all belongings and uniforms with your name so we can contact you if we find your belongings.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Meryn Jones (Principal) & The Energetic team of teachers at RDC86!
I/We agree to the terms stated in the Rivers Dance Centre'86 Policy document provided to you in the 'Document & Files' section
I/We give permission to seek medical assistance for my child should the need arise
I/We agree to email or provide written notice to Rivers Dance Centre'86 if my child will no longer be attending classes. Fees will be deducted from my account as per Auto-Pay policy if I do not cancel my registration prior to the next term starting.
I/We agree to set up an account in Auto-Pay in which my account will be debited 50% of the tuition balance on Monday of week 1 & 100% of the tuition balance on Monday of week 3.
I/We understand I must have sufficient funds in my account or I will incur 10% total balance dishonour fee, and for every 7 days the account remains unsuccessfully debited.
I /We understand that class registration is billed per term & casual classes are not accepted unless doing the dance card trial pass.
I/We understand that a Registration fee of $40 must be paid prior to commencing classes via our online registration system.
I/We understand that Rivers Dance Centre 86 reserves the right to use photos & videos of my child/children on social media and marketing including the school’s website and Facebook page.
I/We understand that Rivers Dance Centre 86 reserves the right to cancel registration at anytime that they feel a student Is not following studio rules & regulations.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com