I understand that both parent and student at Edge Dance Studio must follow the rules listed on the studio website. I understand and agree that participating in any class/rehearsal/performance, there is a possibility of injury or death. I agree to assume all risks & responsibility for any such injury or accident, which might occur to me or my child during any Edge Dance Studio Class/Rehearsal/Performance.
- Tuition is due at the 1st of each month
- A $15 late fee will be added to any account if tuition hasn't been paid by the 10th of the month
- If you are a full month behind with tuition payments, your child will be asked to sit and observe class until tuition has been paid.
- A $25 fee will be applied to any account that has a check returned.
- Students will not be allowed to participate in the Winter Show or Recital unless their account is up to date.
-If a student misses class they forfeit that class time. (Solo lessons to catch up can be scheduled for a fee.)
-Full tuition is due regardless of class attendance.
-Any class that is canceled by the instructor will be made up at a later date.
- No open containers in the studio. Drinks must be bottles with lids
- No gum during class
- All students must be prepared for class with the correct dance shoes and dress out for class i.e. no jeans, dresses, loose clothing etc.
- Hair needs to be up and out of the face for all classes
- No Cell Phone usage in class
- Students are to arrive to class dressed out & on time
- Students need to be picked up promptly after class
- If students are picked up from the last class of the night more than 10 minutes after class has ended they will be charged a $10 fee and an additional $1 for every additional minute late.
- In class visitation is at the discretion of the instructor
- No running or excessive noise outside the studio
- Keep any and all social media related to the studio appropriate for all ages to view.
- All students are expected to be respectful to our staff, parents, and each other at all times.
- Please avoid being a gossip to spread misinformation
- Please understand that class placement decisions are derived from years of teaching experience and are made keeping the best interest of your child as a dancer in mind
- Please avoid comparing your child to others or discuss comparisons with other parents
- Any unauthorized use of the studio logo/s is ILLEGAL, and the penalty for doing so will result in either a $100 fee per item, or dismissal from the studio.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In consideration of the risk of injury while participating in dance (whether joining online classes or in-person) (the “Activity”), and as consideration for the right to participate in the Activity, I hereby, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, assigns, or personal representatives, knowingly and voluntarily enter into this waiver and release of liability and hereby waive any and all rights, claims or causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising out of my participation in the Activity, and do hereby release and forever discharge EDGE Dance Studio LLC, located at 206 Timberbrook Lane Granite Falls, NC 29630, and also referred to as Electric Dance Gallery and Education, their affiliates, managers, members, agents, attorneys, staff, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns, for any physical or psychological injury, including but not limited to illness, paralysis, death, damages, economical or emotional loss, that I may suffer as a direct result of my participation in the aforementioned Activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this Activity.
I AM VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN THE AFOREMENTIONED ACTIVITY AND I AM PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITY ENTIRELY AT MY OWN RISK. I AM AWARE OF THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH TRAVELING TO AND FROM AS WELL AS PARTICIPATING IN THIS ACTIVITY, WHICH MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, PHYSICAL OR PSYCHOLOGICAL INJURY, PAIN, SUFFERING, ILLNESS, DISFIGUREMENT, TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT DISABILITY (INCLUDING PARALYSIS), ECONOMIC OR EMOTIONAL LOSS, AND DEATH. I UNDERSTAND THAT THESE INJURIES OR OUTCOMES MAY ARISE FROM MY OWN OR OTHERS’ NEGLIGENCE, CONDITIONS RELATED TO TRAVEL, OR THE CONDITION OF THE ACTIVITY LOCATION(S). NONETHELESS, I ASSUME ALL RELATED RISKS, BOTH KNOWN OR UNKNOWN TO ME, OF MY PARTICIPATION IN THIS ACTIVITY, INCLUDING TRAVEL TO, FROM AND DURING THIS ACTIVITY.
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless EDGE Dance Studio, LLC against any and all claims, suits or actions of any kind whatsoever for liability, damages, compensation or otherwise brought by me or anyone on my behalf, including attorney’s fees and any related costs, if litigation arises pursuant to any claims made by me or by anyone else acting on my behalf. If IEDGE Dance Studio, LLC incurs any of these types of expenses, I agree to reimburse.
I acknowledge that EDGE Dance Studio, LLC and their directors, officers, volunteers, representatives and agents are not responsible for errors, omissions, acts or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific event or activity on behalf of EDGE Dance Studio, LLC.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS “WAIVER AND RELEASE” AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY. I EXPRESSLY AGREE TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE EDGE Dance Studio, LLC AND ALL OF ITS AFFILIATES, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, AGENTS, ATTORNEYS, STAFF, VOLUNTEERS, HEIRS, REPRESENTATIVES, PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION AND I AGREE TO VOLUNTARILY GIVE UP OR WAIVE ANY RIGHT THAT I OTHERWISE HAVE TO BRING A LEGAL ACTION AGAINST EDGE Dance Studio, LLC FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
In the event that any damage to equipment or facilities occurs as a result of my or my family’s willful actions, neglect or recklessness, I acknowledge and agree to be held liable for any and all costs associated with any actions of neglect or recklessness.
This Agreement was entered into at arm’s-length, without duress or coercion, and is to be interpreted as an agreement between two parties of equal bargaining strength. Both the Participant and EDGE Dance Studio, LLC agree that this Agreement is clear and unambiguous as to its terms, and that no other evidence will be used or admitted to alter or explain the terms of this Agreement, but that it will be interpreted based on the language in accordance with the purposes for which it is entered into.
In the event that any provision contained within this Release of Liability shall be deemed to be severable or invalid, or if any term, condition, phrase or portion of this agreement shall be determined to be unlawful or otherwise unenforceable, the remainder of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect, so long as the clause severed does not affect the intent of the parties. If a court should find that any provision of this agreement to be invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting said provision it would become valid and enforceable, then said provision shall be deemed to be written, construed and enforced as so limited.