You must be over 18 to register for an account.
TERM & CONDITIONS
1. Participation in Dance Northside classes will be considered acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, and any ongoing updates of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To participate in studio classes, participants agree to register students online via the website and provide all requested information.
3. All information provided must be true and correct at the time of registration.
4. Once entered, registrations are not transferable to another person.
5. Late or incomplete registrations for activities may be deemed as ineligible for consideration to participate in a class if the class is full.
6. Classes may be physically strenuous and participation is voluntary, based on a parents / carer / participant’s assessment of their fitness, health, ability to participate and understanding of the class requirements, activities and expected outcomes. Participation is based on an understanding and knowledge there is a risk of personal injury or death.
7. By entering the premises participants agree that Dance Northside is in no way responsible for personal injury or death. Parents / carer / participants are responsible for ensuring one’s own physical and mental health for, during and after classes including injury rehabilitation and general post-class care.
8. A $20 one off registration fee is payable for new students.
9. Term fees are due by the end of week 2, relevant to the term enrolled in, we must be notified via email of any students not wishing to continue dance for the duration of the term by the end of week 2 of the relevant term.
10. A late fee of $20 will be added to any account that remains unpaid after week 5 of the relevant term.
11. If online enrolment occurs after any given term has commenced, fees will be charged pro rata and must be paid as part of the enrolment process. Once paid, fees are final, non-refundable, non-transferable and non-extendable beyond their specified expiry period.
12. When registering for class at Dance Northside you are consenting to you/your child being photographed and / or filmed during class and / or performances. Images / footage will be used for the purposes of publicly promoting Dance Northside only and will not be made available to any third parties. If you would NOT like images / footage / of you / your child used, after registering please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating you / your child’s full name, the class you/they are registering for, and stating that you would NOT like images / footage used for the purposes of publicly promoting Dance Northside. And this request will be honoured.
13. Dance Northside will not be responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any network or lines, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, traffic congestion on the Internet, etc. including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from registering for, participating in or downloading any materials to enable full participation.
14. Dance Northside reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of a participant’s registration and to reject or disqualify a participant from participating in any classes.
15. The participant agrees to indemnify Dance Northside against any injuries or damage to persons or loss or wrongful death or loss or theft of property, whether caused by negligence or otherwise while participating in the activities provided throughout the class and associated activities from the first registration.
16. Dance Northside accepts no responsibility for inability or failure to register for classes. However will provide any support they reasonably can.
17. If for any reason the program is unable to run as planned, including causes beyond the control of Dance Northside the program may be cancelled, suspended or modified. In this instance, alternative classes will be offered by Dance Northside
18. Any class may be withdrawn at any time without notice.
19. These Terms and Conditions may be altered where necessary, and any changes will be notified on the Dance Northside website.
20. Where a participant is a minor/dependent/child, as defined by Australian law, a parent/carer is accepting these Terms and Conditions on their behalf.
21. The participant agrees to indemnify Dance Northside against any loss or damages caused by a cancellation, suspension, modification or withdrawal of the program where a sponsor, partner or supporting individual or organisation fails to fulfill their duties.
22. Dance Northside operates with a 'rolling' enrolment system. Students will be enrolled in their class/es for the entirety of the year (billed per term).
23. Students who wish to discontinue classes will need to notify the studio in writing before the following term commences to avoid being charged.
COVID STUDIO POLICY
Monday - Thursday: 4:10pm - 7pm
Friday: 4:10pm - 6pm
Saturday: 9:30am - 12:20pm
We ask families to minimise the need for face to face service as we have a limited number of
people allowed in the building and staff will need to be inside to operate the business.
Our office is open however social distancing will need to be maintained whilst waiting to be
- If you have questions, please email email@example.com
- If you would like to speak with a team member, call the office mobile: 0417 703 437
- If you would like to pay your account, please do so online or visit the office prior to or at
the beginning of the lesson starting.
Any students feeling unwell must stay home and not attend class.
- If you, your child or anyone in your family has come into contact with anyone with
Covid-19, you must refrain from attending classes for 14 days.
- Students displaying Covid-19 symptoms will be sent home immediately and will either
wait outside with a staff member or placed into a room at the studio to quarantine until
they are collected.
‘Get in, dance and get out’
This is one of the main principles in the Principles and Framework for re-starting Dance
Activities Post Covid-19 (Ausdance, May 2020) and emphasises the need to limit time and
person to person contact on site. Dance Northside staff and families must adhere to this
Drop Off and Pick Up
Students will enter and exit through the main entrance (students 12 and under must be
dropped off and collected by a parent/guardian). There will be space for students to practice
social distancing whilst waiting to exit.
Students are to arrive no more than 5 minutes before classes and leave within 5 minutes of
classes finishing. If you are running late to collect your child, please call our studio mobile on
Staff will be managing the entry and exit of students to ensure social distancing is maintained.
Students will need to wait outside or in their car until they are collected by their teacher and
taken into class. There is no dedicated waiting room at Dance Northside, in the instance of wet
weather we ask students to wait in their car until they are invited into class.
All parents will need to drop children off and leave or stay in their car for the entirety of the
lesson. In the event of a student needing to have a parent/guardian present, we ask that there
is only 1 parent/guardian per student and they will need to watch from our dedicated viewing
area. (This viewing area only permits a limited amount people).
Mini’s students - 1 parent/guardian per child will be allowed in the studio however social
distancing must be maintained and the 4sqm rule must be followed (parents/guardians may
need to stagger themselves between the studio and viewing area).
Students are asked to wash their hands and go to the toilet at home before arriving at class.
Students will need to arrive ready to dance with limited belongings (water bottle only if
possible) as change rooms will be limited. Any belongings left behind that are not labelled will
be disposed of at the end of each lesson to avoid cross contamination.
All non students including parents/guardians are required to sign in and out if they are entering
the hall at any time. There is a physical register at the entry of the hall to fill in upon entry and
exit. This is very important in the event we need to perform contact tracing.
Physical & Social Distancing
Term 3 class numbers will be limited to a maximum of 20 students in the Main Studio & 15
students in the Front Studio plus staff to allow for 4sqm spacing.
Students will need to abide by social distancing and remain 1.5m apart at all times.
Taped markers on the studio floor will outline spacing requirements and staff will be given a set
of instructions to help them maintain this spacing during different types of exercises.
Toilets will be limited to 1 person at all times (unless children need assistance from staff or
Dance Northside spaces listed with maximum number of people allowed per designated area: Each
area in the studio is labelled.
Front Studio - 17 people
Main Studio Floor - 36 people
Sanitising stations and hand soap will be provided, and students are asked to wash or sanitise
their hands before entering the studio. Sanitiser will be provided by teachers upon entry and
also located at the exit (if the student is unable to use sanitiser please email
firstname.lastname@example.org ). Hand basins will always have hand soap and fresh paper towels.
There will be 1 student in each bathroom at a time to ensure social distancing is maintained.
Disinfectant wipes and/or spray will be provided for teachers to wipe down stations
before/after teaching a class. Wipes and/or disinfectant spray will also be provided to clean all
contact areas before the commencement of each lesson.
Students will be advised not to attend if they are unwell or show any symptoms. Staff will be
trained to be able to refuse entry to anyone who appears unwell.
Teachers similarly must not attend if they have any symptoms. Relief will be found, or class will
Staff Training & Education
Staff have been provided with a handbook and an updated copy of our policies and procedures
which must be signed before the commencement of reopening. We will also hold a staff
meeting (following distancing measures) regularly to discuss any changes being put in place.
All staff must maintain a record of who attends class by filling out the roll. This is already
existing practice but will be strictly enforced.
All student records are maintained through Dance Studio Pro, and students are asked to ensure
these are up to date. You can update any details via your parent portal.
If an exposure or suspected exposure occurs, all relevant parties will be notified, along with the
venue and ACT Government. Classes will be suspended or continued online until necessary
cleaning is done and Government advice is sought.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com