We need you to answer this to make sure you are a person and not spam.
You must be over 18 to register for an account.
I understand that there are risks of physical injury associated with, arising out of and inherent to the activity of dance. In recognition of this acknowledged risk of injury, I knowingly and voluntarily waive all right and/ or causes of action of any kind, including any and all claims of negligence arising as a result of such activity from which liability could accrue to Lake Michigan Dance Academy its officers, agents, employees, instructors, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and all affiliated entities (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Lake Michigan Dance Academy”).
I hereby agree to release and hold harmless Lake Michigan Dance Academy of all liability, and hereby acknowledge that I knowingly and voluntarily assume full responsibility for all risks of physical injury arising out of active participation in dance on behalf of the participant.
I am aware that this is a release of liability and an acknowledgement of my voluntary and knowing assumption of the risk of injury. I have signed this document voluntarily and of my own free will in exchange for the privilege of participation.
If I am a minor, my parent and / or legal guardian has also signed this document releasing Lake Michigan Dance Academy from any and all such liability described above and has acknowledged that I am knowingly and voluntarily assuming all risks of injury inherent to this activity.
We agree to obey the class and facility rules and take full responsibility for our behavior in addition to any damage we may cause to the facilities utilized by Lake Michigan Dance Academy, LLC, and its owners, employees and contractors.
In the event that we should observe any unsafe conduct or conditions before, during or after classes, we agree to report the unsafe conduct or conditions to the Director, Alissa Tollefson, as soon as possible.
The participant has my permission to participate in Lake Michigan Dance Academy Events. I warrant the below information is complete and correct.
I hereby authorize Lake Michigan Dance Academy to publish photographs taken of the undersigned minor children for use in Lake Michigan Dance Academy’s printed publications, Facebook, Instagram, and website.
I release Lake Michigan Dance Academy from any expectation of confidentiality for the undersigned minor children and attest that I am the parent or legal guardian of the child/children listed below and that I have the authority to authorize Lake Michigan Dance Academy to use their photographs.
I acknowledge that my participation in publications and website produced by Lake Michigan Dance Academy confers no rights of ownership whatsoever. I release Lake Michigan Dance Academy, its contractors and its employees from liability for any claims by me or any third party in connection with the participation of the undersigned minor children.
I am the parent or legal guardian of the student(s) above, and I agree to the above release.
REGISTRATION AND TUITION
• To register your child for a class, you may go to our website, call the studio, or stop in during business hours.
• There will be a non-refundable registration fee of $25 per year, per student that will be due at the time of registration.
• Enrollment in Autopay is required at the time of registration. If necessary, alternative automatic payment arrangements can be made by contacting Caleb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The first monthly tuition payment is due on the first of the month following registration.
• A $20 late fee will be applied to accounts with unpaid balances after the first week of each month.
• Students will not be allowed to participate in class if an unpaid balance remains after the first week of each month.
• Current prices and promotions can be found at www.lakemichigandance.com/pricing.
“Trying out” a Class
• Sometimes, you may not know what class your child should be in. Maybe you’re even trying out dance for the first time. Lake Michigan Dance Academy gives you the option to “try out” a class for free! We can talk with you and help you find a class that would be a good fit for your child, and let them take the class before you commit to registering.
Class Size and Waitlists
• We want to make sure that your child gets the attention he/she needs! In order to provide your child with the best and most individualized instruction, classes have a limit to the number of students that can enroll. Class size is primarily based on the age and level of the students and will vary from class to class.
• Registration for classes will be on a first-come first-served basis. If you want to register for a class, but it is already full, we will put your name on a waitlist. If a space becomes available before the end of the session, you will have the option of enrolling.
• If you enroll after a session has already begun, your tuition payment will be pro-rated.
• Classes will generally run for three weeks from the start of that class. At the end of the third week, classes with low enrollment will be cancelled, at the discretion of Lake Michigan Dance Academy. Students in the cancelled class will have the option of moving to the same class on a different day, or another class of their choice. Those students who are unable to find another class that they wish to take will be refunded the pro-rated tuition total for the month and encouraged to sign up again the following session!
• Students enrolling in Creative Beginner classes may enroll based on age, and in accordance with the age guidelines provided at the time of registration.
• With the exception of Creative Beginner classes, student leveling is based on a combination of age and ability. Since the leveling structure varies from studio to studio, prior studio leveling may not correlate to the most appropriate level for the student at Lake Michigan Dance Academy. The class instructor, along with Alissa, reserves the right to move students into a different class, if deemed appropriate. Please note that level changes are always in the best interest of the class and student, and are made in order to provide the most effective instruction possible.
• Students’ progress will be measured and evaluated by the teachers throughout the year. At the end of the year, each student will receive an evaluation summarizing their progress and assigning them a level to take the following year. Evaluations will be kept on file to ensure that students are registered in the proper classes. Because dance is such a comprehensive art form and progress is made very gradually, students should expect to stay in each level for 2-3 years.
Private lessons can be a very important part of a dancer’s growth! If you have any interest in enrolling your child in private lessons, please contact Lake Michigan Dance Academy. Please note that private lessons are not part of the regular registration and payment schedule, but will be scheduled and paid for separately.
• Attendance is critical to a dancer’s progress. It is very important that students attend class regularly so that they can consistently build upon the skills and technical elements that are necessary for improvement.
• If your child has to miss class for any reason, we ask that you notify the studio to allow us to credit your account with a make-up class and communicate with the instructor.
• If a student misses 10 or more classes, he or she may be dropped from the class and their spot given to a student on the waitlist.
• Please note that refunds will not be given to students who are dropped from a class due to excessive absences.
• If your child misses a class, they may attend another class of the same level or lower to make up for the one they missed. Make-up classes do not roll over to the next year. Students are encouraged to make up classes in the same week as the one missed.
• In order to inform the teacher and ensure that you are making the appropriate make-up class selection, we ask that you please call the office to schedule your make-up class.
• Please note that you will not be refunded for missed classes.
Drop-off and Pick-up
• Please have your child arrive at least 5, but no more than 15 minutes prior to their scheduled class time. This gives them time to change their shoes, use the bathroom, and be ready to dance at the start of their class.
• Students should be picked up immediately following the end of their scheduled class. Students waiting for a ride will not be supervised once the next class starts. If you are running more than 10 minutes late, please notify the office.
Weather closure policy
• Weather related closures will be announced via email, and Facebook by 3:00 PM. Please help us to keep you informed of any such closures by regularly reviewing your email, and by joining the Lake Michigan Dance Academy Parents Facebook page.
• Please check the website for closing dates: www.lakemichigandance.com/faqs.
• The studio is a place to focus and work hard. Outside conversations and issues should be left at the door.
• Just like school, students need to be respectful of their teachers. While the teacher is demonstrating a combination or giving instructions, students should be attentive in learning the movement and absorbing corrections. If students have questions or comments, they should raise their hands and wait to be called on.
• Lake Michigan Dance Academy strives to foster a positive and encouraging environment. Students (and parents!) are expected to build each other up and celebrate successes with each other in every class.
• Lake Michigan Dance Academy has a zero-tolerance policy for any tearing down and talking bad about other students and families. We pride ourselves on fostering a positive and encouraging environment and you as parents play a huge roll in our success in doing so!
Bag Storage Policy
• Dance bags may be brought into the studio and placed underneath the mirrors. Coats and shoes/boots are to be left outside in the lobby in the provided area. LAKE MICHIGAN DANCE ACADEMY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS. Any valuables may be put in the dancer’s bag and brought into the studio.
Cell Phone Policy
• Cell phone use is not permitted during class time. We ask that you please keep your cell phone in your bag while in class and on silent at all times.
Food and Drink
• Students may bring a water bottle to keep near their bags to drink from when permitted by the teacher.
• No liquids besides water are allowed in the studio.
• Eating is not permitted in the studio.
• With the exception of emergencies, students are not permitted to use the bathroom during class. Please take the time to go during the breaks between classes.
• For parents with little ones, please make sure they use the bathroom prior to class. If they need assistance using the restroom, we ask that you remain in the waiting room to assist them if needed so as not to disrupt the class.
• Students should always come to class with clean attire and hair neatly pulled back (with a bun for all ballet classes). We ask that students never wear street shoes inside the studio and never wear dance shoes outdoors.
Below are specific requirements for each class offered at Lake Michigan Dance Academy:
Creative Movement: Girls may wear any colored leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes. Boys may wear black pants or shorts, any colored t-shirt, and black ballet shoes.
Ballet/Jazz Combo: Girls may wear any colored leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes and tan jazz shoes. Boys may wear black pants or shorts, any colored t-shirt, black ballet shoes, and black jazz shoes.
Ballet/Tap Combo: Girls may wear any colored leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes. Boys may wear black pants or shorts, any colored t-shirt, black ballet shoes, and black tap shoes.
Ballet: Girls may wear a black leotard, pink tights and pink ballet shoes. Boys may wear fitted black pants or shorts, a fitted white t-shirt, and black ballet shoes.
Jazz: Girls may wear fitted pants, capris or shorts, fitted tank top or leotard, and tan slip-on jazz shoes. Boys may wear athletic pants or shorts, a fitted t-shirt and black slip-on jazz shoes.
Tap: All students may wear comfortable fitting pants, capris or shorts (no jeans please), t-shirt or tank top, and black tap shoes (leather preferred, may tie or slip on).
Hip Hop: All students may wear comfortable fitting pants, capris or shorts (no jeans please), t-shirt or tank top, and clean sneakers or high tops (ones that are not also worn outside).
Adult Classes: Adults may wear any attire that makes them feel comfortable and does not restrict movement. Please wear ballet shoes for ballet, tap shoes for tap, and socks or jazz shoes for jazz.
I have read and agree to Lake Michigan Dance Academy’s Policies and Procedures. I understand that I am responsible for adhering to the policies and the dress code and that failure to do so will result in my/my child’s inability to participate in class.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com