We need you to answer this to make sure you are a person and not spam.
Anyone signing up as a Parent/Guardian must be over the age of 18. Students under the age of 18 must have a responsible adult register them in their classes.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
By completing your enrolment and registration at Bound Dance, you automatically agree to the following rules and conditions.
Bound Dance Fees & Policies are subject to change, in the event of a dispute Bound Dance directors will have the final say.
Bound Dance Rules and Regulations are to ensure the safety of all students when participating in any Bound Dance class. Any breach of rules will be dealt with swiftly and when necessary parents/guardians may be contacted.
Enrolment and participation are based on agreement to the following terms and conditions:
• Please ensure any child under the age of 18 is collected from their class promptly after their class is finished. Areas outside of the classroom are not under supervision; staffs are not responsible for any child left unsupervised. If you are going to be late collecting your child, please make us aware of the situation so we can keep your child in the classroom supervised by a teacher.
• All items produced by Bound Dance (including original music edits, choreography, creative concepts, costumes, props and sets) remain the property of Bound Dance and cannot be replicated or reproduced.
• All Directors and dance teaching staff are appropriately qualified and skilled in the delivery of dance tuition and while Bound Dance will not be held responsible for any injuries which may occur whilst in class or on the premises at Sunbury Community Centre or Roxburgh Park Youth & Recreation Centre, Bound Dance will seek medical attention or administer basic first aid for your child immediately if needed.
• It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to ensure all allergies and medical conditions are listed when registering students in the Parent Portal. Bound Dance will not hold responsibility for incidents occurring involving allergies or illnesses where we have not been notified of the condition.
• In order to provide adequate dance training, it is necessary for dance teachers to physically coach in the development of student technique and placement, which may require strictly appropriate physical contact between dance teaching staff and students. It is also understood that any sort of development cannot occur without a formal and structured approach to all dance classes administered at Bound Dance. Dance is a form of discipline and this will be advocated throughout all dance classes and Bound Dance.
• It is understood that all classes/timetable are subject to change throughout the year. Bound Dance requires a minimum of four students per class to run the class.
• All Bound Dance students are expected to perform in the annual Mid Year Showcase and End of Year Concert. By participating in this event, you are giving consent for Bound Dance to use photographs and/or video footage of the dance student for promotional purposes e.g. website, newspapers, events or flyers. By agreeing to participate, you also accept that all students must attend any compulsory rehearsals, including Dress/Tech Rehearsals at our theatre locations.
• All Bound Dance performances (competitions, amateur and concerts) may be photographed and recorded by Bound Dance staff. Any footage may be used for any promotional and/or training purposes. Original photographs/videos taken by staff are held securely by Bound Dance and used for business purposes only.
• It is understood that a professional video company records our End of Year Concert. We have professional photographers at our Photo Day whom hold Working With Children’s Checks and comply with Victorian Child Safety Laws.
• Some classes may be photographed and/or recorded by Bound Dance staff (Directors, Teachers or Admin, all whom hold WWCCs). Every parent and student at Bound Dance consents to having these images used for promotional, performance and/or training purposes. Original photographs/videos taken by staff are held securely by Bound Dance and used for business purposes only.
• There is to be no filming or photography by parents/family/friends of any student in class, at Photo Day, at rehearsals or at our Mid Year or End of Year Concert. This is a breach of Victorian Child Safety Laws. Our professional photographers and our Theatres also have strict NO PHOTOGRAPHY laws, which all students and families MUST adhere to.
• Under no circumstances should there be photos or videos taken of students on stage at the Mid Year Showcase or End of Year Concert. Anyone caught taking these photos/videos will be made to delete the images/footage and may be removed from the Theatre. Any parent/guardian/family member or friend who posts these photos to Social Media will be made to take them down and may face disciplinary action.
• Social media posts directly related/or involving Bound Dance must be respectful and in line with the ethos and culture of the studio. We take our Social Media policy seriously, any student found to be posting images that go against our values and including Bound Dance will be asked to remove them and may face disciplinary action.
• Bound Dance asks that no parents or students’ private message any staff or teachers of Bound Dance on Facebook or other Social Media platforms. This is their private space and should be respected as so. Any general enquiries and questions can be directed to the Bound Dance Facebook page or to firstname.lastname@example.org
• It is understood that Bound Dance Directors, teachers and staff, in compliance with Victorian Child Safety Laws, will not be ‘friends’ on any Social Media platforms with students under the age of 18.
• All students need to ensure that they attend every class in correct full studio uniform. Hair must be neat and pulled back off the face in either a ponytail or classical bun for ballet classes. Braids and plaits are highly discouraged for safety reasons. Correct dance shoes are compulsory; no jiffies or regular footwear will be allowed. Fitted dancewear is compulsory; each student must wear the permitted uniform items (refer to 2020 Info Book/Uniform Guide). We do not “gloss over” students that attend lesson out of uniform. We firmly believe it is an important part of learning as it encourages a sense of discipline and reminds us of our duty as a student. Students will be pulled up on incorrect uniform and disciplinary action may be taken if it is seen to be a regular occurrence. Correct uniform includes ensuring all uniform pieces are regularly laundered, repaired and replaced when necessary. There is to be no watches or jewellery worn during class with the exception of small studs/earrings.
• It is understood that all parents/guardians are responsible for remaining up to date with studio information. Many avenues are provided to do this; Term Newsletters, ShoutOuts, physical notices, emails, Facebook updates, Instagram posts, shared files via the Parent Portal and a detailed website.
• During the period of enrolment and participation at Bound Dance, it is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to advise the Directors if personal circumstances and/or information change.
• All students must respect their teachers, fellow students, volunteers, parents and all staff of Bound Dance. Students who show disrespect towards any Bound Dance staff, student, Backstage Volunteer or parent will be disciplined and may be removed from class. If this becomes a regular occurrence, the student may be asked to cease training at Bound Dance, forfeiting any term or advance payments.
• All students enrolled at Bound Dance are equal and absolutely no bullying in any form is tolerated at Bound Dance. Students bullying other students or staff may be removed from class and may be subject to immediate expulsion, forfeiting any term or advance payments.
• All students & parents/guardians must respect all decisions made by the Directors of the studio.
• Regular attendance to weekly classes is a must, students – unless absent with good reasoning (e.g.; sick/injured)
– are expected to attend class every week in order to participate fully in the End of Year Concert. Regular absences will result in students not being in an entire dance routine. Regular absences also affect the student’s training, as they can miss key technical classes in which safe dance practices are learnt, therefore putting them at risk for injury.
• All absences, both planned and unexpected, must be submitted using the “Absences” feature of the Parent Portal. Our Bound Dance Facebook page or text messages to staff are not an appropriate avenue to inform us that your child will be away. Absences submitted through the Portal will show up for class teachers as they take the roll for each class, allowing them to take note of your child’s reason for absence.
• Students who commence training with Bound Dance part way through the year or any term may not be in all parts of routines at the Mid Year Showcase or End of Year Concert. If a student commences in Term 2 or 4, they will only be in the second half (approx.) of a routine for their class.
• All students will be fitted during the year for costuming. Bound Dance Directors and class teachers will conduct these fittings. Additional staff may also be present at costume fittings.
• Bound Dance prides themselves on providing complete costumes to students for performances, with no work necessary from parents and families. Costumes are hired to students at $25 per costume ($35 for Ballet Tutus). This is a one-time fee charged at the beginning of Term 2 and Term 3 for the Mid Year and EOY performances respectively. All costumes, headpieces, props and accessories remain property of Bound Dance and must be returned to Bound Dance at the end of their use.
• At all public performances, students and parents are to conduct themselves with dignity and respect towards teachers, staff and others. Students, parents and staff must remember they are representing Bound Dance and must do so with pride.
• It is the discretion of the Directors and staff of Bound Dance as to which students are given opportunities to compete and perform at Eisteddfods and Competitions throughout the year.
• Smoking or the consumption of alcohol during class hours is strictly prohibited in or around the premises. This includes Bound Dance students, staff, parents and any friend or family member.
• There is to be absolutely no use of mobile phones during class hours by any student, unless instructed to do so by Bound Dance staff for the purposes of filming class content for at home rehearsal uses.
• It is understood that no parents are to stand in and view classes at any stage and no parents are permitted to walk through the classroom during the duration of class. Teachers may invite all parents/guardians in to watch the children’s progression at an appropriate time of the class. Please respect all staff and their job at hand.
Parents walking through, or entering the classroom without invitation are a distraction to students and will be
asked to remain outside.
• Bound Dance will not be responsible for any lost property. It is recommended every student to come to class
with a dance bag, and all personal items (e.g.: shoes, drink bottles) should be labelled with the student’s name.
• Students MUST come to class with a drink bottle, containing water only. No energy drinks, soft drinks, milk, juice
or cordial type drinks are to be consumed in class. Glass drink bottles are not permitted, bottles should have a
sealable lid/be leak and spill proof.
• It is understood that all studios and classrooms are FOOD FREE AREAS. There is to be no consumption of food
inside any studio/classroom/gymnasium. Student’s requiring snacks between classes must eat outside or in the waiting areas. Bound Dance encourages students requiring snacks to ensure they are healthy options. Chocolates and lollies are discouraged as between class snacks as these do not provide the energy to last a physical class.
• Bound Dance asks that parents of younger students (Tinies + Minis) encourage them to use the bathroom prior to entering the classroom to ensure minimal disruption during class hours. Bound Dance asks that parents of a child going through toilet training remain present in the waiting areas of the classroom.
• Bound Dance reserves the right to refuse re-enrolment.
• It is agreed the balances will be paid by the invoice due date. Statements are emailed out on the first Monday of each Term and all fees are due two weeks from this date. Balances can also be viewed on the Parent Portal.
• It is the responsibility of the person/s in charge of paying fees to stay on top of account balances. Administration
Fees will not be removed in the circumstance of missing emails/not receiving Statements. All balances can be
viewed on the Parent Portal at any time.
• Bound Dance is happy to have two email addresses for contact and to send information where there is a co-
parenting arrangement in place. We do not manage co-payments. The parent enrolling the student/s is
responsible for payments irrespective of co-parenting agreements. Please ensure all fees are paid when due.
• It is understood that an annual non-refundable Registration Fee of $35 will be charged to all students, new and
existing. Registration Fees cover your child’s insurance, end of year medallion, music licencing, and
• It is understood that overdue balances/fees will be charged a $25.00 Administration Fee.
• It is understood that there are NO REFUNDS on any payment of Term fees, Registration Fees, Costume Hire,
Event Fees, uniform payment and Footage/DVD orders unless unforeseeable circumstances mean that classes must cease for the Term at the direction of Bound Dance Directors or drastic personal circumstances have occurred. At any case, plenty of communication must occur between students, parents and teachers in these sorts of circumstances.
• Should you have difficulty in paying your fees, please consult with Bound Dance staff within two weeks of receiving your Statement, before an Administration Fee is applied. Assistance will not be provided beyond this date.
• If fees are excessively overdue and no communication has occurred or any attempt has been made to arrange a payment, it is possible your child will be excluded from the class.
• Students cannot participate in the Mid Year Showcase or End of Year Concert unless all fees have been paid/balance has been cleared.
• If a student misses multiple classes due to a serious/extended illness or injury, fees will be adjusted accordingly providing adequate communication has occurred. Bound Dance does not adjust fees for weeks missed during the Term due to school camps, excursions, or family holidays.
• It is understood that Bound Dance management requires 1 months’ notice for cancellation of enrolment otherwise Term, Costume, Event and Administration Fees will still be charged.
• If further action needs to be taken in regards to outstanding accounts, it will be at the expense of the Parent/Guardian/Fee payer. Overdue fees are passed on to debt collection agencies.
By completing my/my students’ enrolment and participating in classes, I consent and agree to the Rules and Regulations and Payment Conditions set out by Bound Dance Management.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com