You must be over 18 to register for an account.
2021 - 2022 STUDIO CALENDAR AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
classes begin August 9th, 2021
Monday, September 6th - LABOR DAY - No classes
Tuesday, Nov. 23 - Friday Nov. 26 - THANKSGIVING BREAK - No classes (Monday classes will meet)
Friday, Dec. 3rd, 7:30
Saturday, Dec. 4th, 1:00 and 7:30
Sunday, Dec. 5th, 2:30
The 50th Annual Nutcracker
Monday, Dec. 20th - Sun. Jan. 2
CHRISTMAS BREAK - No classes
Monday, January 3rd - Classes resume
Monday, April 4th - Friday, April 8th - SPRING BREAK - No classes
Saturday, May 21 at 10:00 and 7:30
Sunday, May 22 at 2:30
Dance Arts' 51st Annual Recital
PAYMENT DUE DATES
Tuition - 1st of each month by AUTOPAY
Nutcracker fee - October 1st
Recital Costume Fees - $70 each by November 1st
Recital fee - $65 by March 1st
Covid-19 Liability Release Waiver
• I acknowledge the contagious nature of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and that the CDC and many other public health authorities still recommend practicing social distancing.
I further acknowledge that Dance Arts Valdosta Inc has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
I further acknowledge that Dance Arts Valdosta Inc cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with the Coronavirus/Covid-19. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by the Coronavirus/COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, dance staff, and other dance clients and their families.
I voluntarily seek services provided by Dance Arts Valdosta Inc and acknowledge that I am increasing my risk to exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19. I acknowledge that I must comply with all set procedures to reduce the spread while attending my appointment.
I attest that:
* I am not experiencing any symptom of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
* I have not traveled internationally within the last 14 days.
* I have not traveled to a highly impacted area within the United States of America in the last 14 days.
* I do not believe I have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
* I have not been diagnosed with Coronavirus/Covid-19 and not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities.
* I am following all CDC recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
I hereby release and agree to hold Dance Arts Valdosta Inc harmless from, and waive on behalf of myself, my heirs, and any personal representatives any and all causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses and compensation for damage or loss to myself and/or property that may be caused by any act, or failure to act of the Dance Arts Valdosta Inc, or that may otherwise arise in any way in connection with any services received from Dance Arts Valdosta Inc. I understand that this release discharges Dance Arts Valdosta Inc from any liability or claim that I, my heirs, or any personal representatives may have against the Dance Arts Valdosta Inc with respect to any bodily injury, illness, death, medical treatment, or property damage that may arise from, or in connection to, any services received from Dance Arts Valdosta Inc. This liability waiver and release extends to the dance studio together with all owners, partners, and employees.
I hereby affirm and acknowledge that I understand the inherent risk and hazards associated with the recreation activity of dance, in which the student (named below) will engage at Dance Arts Valdosta, Inc. and at all recitals and performances. The inherent hazards and risks include, but are not limited to:
1. Risk of injury from the activity of dance;
2. Possible equipment failure and/or malfunction of my own or others equipment;
3. This activity includes risk associated exposure to heat, impact of the body upon the floor, ground and/or other students, which could cause injury.
4. My own negligence and/or negligence of others, including but not limited to misjudging terrain, losing balance, mis-stepping, tripping, slipping, or being dropped;
5. Fatigue and/or dizziness
I understand the description of these risks is not complete and that unknown or unanticipated risks may result in injury.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration for being permitted to participate in the dance activities of Dance Arts Valdosta, Inc., I hereby agree, acknowledge, ad appreciate that:
1. I hereby release and hold harmless Dance Arts Valdosta, Inc. and its employees, agents, and officers with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss of damage to person or property, whether caused by negligence or otherwise;
2. To release Dance Arts Valdosta, Inc., their officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, volunteers, and vessels from liability and responsibility whatsoever and for any claims or cause of action that I, or the "student" or assigns that may have for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death arising from the dance activities whether caused by active or passive negligence of the releasees or otherwise. By executing this document, I have agreed to hold harmless and indemnify therein conjunction with any injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property that may occur as a result of engaging in dance activities;
3. By entering into this agreement I am not relying on any oral or written representation or statements made by the releasees, other than what is set forth in this agreement;
This release shall be binding to the fullest extent permitted by Georgia Law. If any provision of this release is found to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall be enforceable.
I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement and I fully understand its terms, and I agree to it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
For participants of minority age, this is to clarify that I, as parent, guardian or temporary guardian with legal responsibility for the student, do consent and agree not only to his/her release of all releasees, but also to release and indemnify the releasees from any and all liabilities incident to his/her involvement in these programs for myself, my heir, assigns, and next of kin.
_________The school term consists of 38 (or more) meeting times. Tuition for instruction is divided into ten equal payments. Although we are closed for Christmas Holidays & for Spring Break Holidays, these payments are for 1/10th of the scheduled 38 meeting times. All students are required to sign up for Autopay for tuition each month.
• Monthly payments are non- refundable.
• Monthly payments are required to be drafted by Autopay on the FIRST of each month, All other fees including costumes and performance fees will not be drawn. It is your responsibility to make these payments either in the office or through your Parent Portal on the required date due.
• A $25.00 late FEE will be charged to all costume, Nutcracker and Recital fees not paid by the due date. Late fees are NON -NEGOTIABLE
• There will be a $30.00 charge for all returned checks or declined Auto-Payments.
_________ If your child participates in The Nutcracker, you will be charged a one-time Nutcracker Fee of $65 (Primary 1-Advanced 2) or $85 (Advanced 3 and 4) due October 1st.
RECITAL COSTUMES FEE
_________A $70.00 deposit per costume is required and is payable November 1st. The actual cost of the costume (minus the $70.00 Costume deposit) and the Recital Fee are due March 1st. Once costumes are ordered they cannot be cancelled!
________A $65 family recital fee is required for participation and due March 1st. Our annual Student Recital will be presented in May. The objective of the recital is to educate, motivate, and provide the student with both stage experience and the opportunity to display their achievements. You will receive 5 tickets to the recital for your family.
IMPORTANT WAYS TO STAY CONNECTED
The most important way to stay connected to information throughout our year will be through your email. Our student database will allow group reminder emails. May sure you’ve notated your email on your registration form. Enter our email into your contacts so the emails will not go to spam.
________To take full advantage of the instruction offered, prompt and regular attendance is necessary & is one way to assure your child’s progress. Make up classes for those missed due to illness are available and encouraged. Arrangements should be made with the instructor. No refunds or reductions are made for missed classes. Excessive absences from weekly classes may require that a student be transferred to a lower level. Private lessons, which are of additional cost, may be needed to catch the student up. This is by the determination of each individual teacher. In extreme cases of absenteeism, a student may be asked to not participate in the recital.
DROPPING OR ADDING A CLASS
_______If a student wishes to drop or add a class, the School must be notified in writing. Drop/Add Forms are available at the office and on our website. Students are liable for payment as long as their names are on the class roll. If you drop within the month, you will still be charged for the current month of instruction whether you attend class or not.
________Written parental excuses are requested, if a student is: to arrive late to, or leave early from class. The office should be notified if a student misses a class. Parents will be notified if a student is continually late or is disruptive during class. Please follow the dress code and the requirements on hair per level. If any teacher sees any disruption to the policies, the student may be asked to leave class.
• Food. drink and chewing gum are not allowed in • Be sure to get a written receipt for all cash payments.
PLEASE OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING
• Dressing Rooms: Dressing rooms should be used for changing before and after class. Personal belongings should not be left in dressing rooms but carried with you to the dance studios.
• Bathrooms: Female Students should use the bathroom adjacent to the dressing rooms. Please reserve the bathroom off the main hall for parents, visitors, and males.
• Non-Students: Must be supervised by an adult.
• Parking: Please park in the lined space leaving the area directly in front of the studio clear for “dropping off” and “picking up.”
• Class Observations: Parents may be able to visit one class during the months of November and May. This date will be set by the director if time allows.
WHAT EVERY STUDENT SHOULD KNOW
1. Communication is key-
Please make sure you have listed a good email to keep you updated on all school news and announcements.
2. We require using Auto Pay through our Parent Portal- Once your child is entered into our system you will be sent access to your Parent Portal. You will sign up for AutoPay to automatically draw tuition out of your checking account on the 1st of each month. No more forgetting to pay tuition!
3. Being Late for class or missing a class-
We understand that being late is sometimes unavoidable. A note from the parent is requested to be submitted to the instructor. Please wait until there is break in the music before entering the classroom. We will call any parent if two or more absences occur to check on a student. Especially for those students that drive!
4. Valuables should not be left in the Dressing Rooms!
Lost and Found Items will be placed in the LOST AND FOUND box in the dressing room. Please label all shoes with your child’s name.
5. All Students should wear street clothes over dancewear and street shoes when arriving or leaving Dance Arts.
Dance shoes should be only worn inside the building, but not outside. Dirt and grease are very harmful to the dance floors. Please change into appropriate dance shoes in the dressing rooms before entering class.
6. All Students must follow the dress code for their proper classroom attire.
Heavy jewelry restricts the student’s ability to perform to their maximum in class and should be left at home. Dancewear can be purchased at our Open House Fittings or online at Discount Dance Supply. Please refer to the class level sheet for supply into. Especially for shoe color! No t-shirts or sweatshirts are to be worn over the leotards during class.
• Accessories that are acceptable-
• Skirts of chiffon or a comparable material, made for dance are acceptable and recommended for all ballet classes. Dance shorts and cover up pants are allowed for higher-level classes only.
• Dance Bags are a necessity. You may store shoes, extra leotards, hair pins, spray, brush, etc.
7. Appropriate Hair-
Hair must be pulled back away from the face and secured neatly in a braid or bun. Hairnets are recommended for better control. Hair will be required to be worn in a bun for all Advanced classes.
8. We reserve the right to dismiss any student whose attitude, attendance, conduct or payment record is unsatisfactory
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com