We need you to answer this to make sure you are a person and not spam.
You must be over 18 to register for an account.
Covid-19 Liability Release Waiver
• I acknowledge the contagious nature of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and that the CDC and many other public health authorities still recommend practicing social distancing.
I further acknowledge that Dance Arts Valdosta Inc has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
I further acknowledge that Dance Arts Valdosta Inc cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with the Coronavirus/Covid-19. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by the Coronavirus/COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, dance staff, and other dance clients and their families.
I voluntarily seek services provided by Dance Arts Valdosta Inc and acknowledge that I am increasing my risk to exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19. I acknowledge that I must comply with all set procedures to reduce the spread while attending my appointment.
I attest that:
* I am not experiencing any symptom of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
* I have not traveled internationally within the last 14 days.
* I have not traveled to a highly impacted area within the United States of America in the last 14 days.
* I do not believe I have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
* I have not been diagnosed with Coronavirus/Covid-19 and not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities.
* I am following all CDC recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
I hereby release and agree to hold Dance Arts Valdosta Inc harmless from, and waive on behalf of myself, my heirs, and any personal representatives any and all causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses and compensation for damage or loss to myself and/or property that may be caused by any act, or failure to act of the Dance Arts Valdosta Inc, or that may otherwise arise in any way in connection with any services received from Dance Arts Valdosta Inc. I understand that this release discharges Dance Arts Valdosta Inc from any liability or claim that I, my heirs, or any personal representatives may have against the Dance Arts Valdosta Inc with respect to any bodily injury, illness, death, medical treatment, or property damage that may arise from, or in connection to, any services received from Dance Arts Valdosta Inc. This liability waiver and release extends to the dance studio together with all owners, partners, and employees.
2020/2021 New Covid-19 Policies
The year 2020 has been a particularly difficult year for all of us navigating the Covid-19 virus and that warrants different procedures and protocols to protect everyone. Because of this virus, we will implement policies that are different from the way we usually run our school. We do not know how long we will have to adhere to these new policies, nor do we know if these policies could change in an instant. We hope everyone is understanding that our number one intention is to keep these kids healthy and returning them to some normalcy.
1. We will enroll students in classes on a first come, first serve basis. Classes will be held at capacities that are coherent with the CDC guidelines. Therefore, we will close any class that has reached the appropriate limit. If the class is full, the remaining students will have to be put on a waiting list. The majority of our age groups have two different options of days and times.
2. Teachers will work to ensure that students are as distanced as much as possible, but we ask that you also explain this to your children. They will be learning this at school, and we feel confident these children will be very adaptable soon. Dance already teaches spatial awareness; this makes us already ahead of the game!
3. Masks are always welcome, but not required for students.
4. We have closed our lobby to all parents. We ask if you must wait for you dancer to kindly wait in your car. We know this is an inconvenience to some, but we are looking out for the safety of our students and teachers. If there is a time this year that we feel it’s safe to open the lobby, we will alert you.
5. Temperature checks will be taken of all teachers and students upon arrival. Please also do a self-check of your child at home before you arrive. If your child has fever, cough, sore throat, chills, upset stomach, or any other symptoms of illness, please keep them home until your health care provider lets you know its ok to bring them back to dance. We ask you also keep your child at home if they have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive to Covid-19 for at least 14 days.
6. As of March 13th, we have asked all dancers to come dressed in their dance attire as we will be limiting the use of our dressing rooms only to emergencies. We will continue this policy for the fall, and if this changes we will alert you.
7. Dance Arts will follow the school’s protocol on how each class will be handled if the class or teacher has been exposed to Covid-19. We currently have the policy that if someone in class was diagnosed with Covid-19, and might have had an exposure in our class, we will ask that particular group to move to online learning through Zoom for two weeks. All students will be notified of the exposure. We ask you reach out to your own healthcare provider to see the next step for your family on how to treat the exposure. All tuition will remain the same, and although we know this is not ideal for the teacher or the students, we must navigate through this new normal and keep pressing forward with these student’s dance education.
8. We will turn our studio into essentially 3 separate buildings. There are multiple exit doors to our building. Each studio will have a separate entrance from the outside. The dancers who dance in the yellow studio will enter in the side front door, the dancers who dance in the blue studio will enter in the side back door, and the dancers who dance in the pink studio will enter from the front door. We do not want the dancers to freely move about the lobby and hallways. We want to keep them in their separate dance rooms, and only utilize hallways and bathrooms sparingly. We will have your teachers greet you at these doors when it is time to enter. If they have different classes in different rooms, they will be escorted outside by either their teacher, and/or assistant, into the next door of their next class.
9. We also ask that your child go to the bathroom before they come to class to limit the amount of traffic in the hallways and the bathroom area that is not absolutely necessary. They will of course be allowed to use it, but we want to have the least amount of traffic as we can in the hallway.
10. MOST IMPORTANTLY, please be on time to pick your dancer up so we can eliminate the number of students together at one time! We ask that you come 5 minutes before class ends and stand by the door. Each dancer will be sitting on their designated spot and they will stay until you arrive to get them.
11. If we need you, or if your child needs you, we will call the number listed on your registration form or bring your child to you. If you need to take care of business in the office, please call 229-563-6681, and we can come out to your car in the parking lot.
12. All tuition will be required to be drafted by AutoPay this year. We will debit your tuition on the first of every month. This is for the safety for our teachers and office staff.
We thank you all for adhering to these new policies. We pray that everyone remains healthy and there is little to no disruption to our dance year.
I hereby affirm and acknowledge that I understand the inherent risk and hazards associated with the recreation activity of dance, in which the student (named below) will engage at Dance Arts Valdosta, Inc. and at all recitals and performances. The inherent hazards and risks include, but are not limited to:
1. Risk of injury from the activity of dance;
2. Possible equipment failure and/or malfunction of my own or others equipment;
3. This activity includes risk associated exposure to heat, impact of the body upon the floor, ground and/or other students, which could cause injury.
4. My own negligence and/or negligence of others, including but not limited to misjudging terrain, losing balance, mis-stepping, tripping, slipping, or being dropped;
5. Fatigue and/or dizziness
I understand the description of these risks is not complete and that unknown or unanticipated risks may result in injury.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration for being permitted to participate in the dance activities of Dance Arts Valdosta, Inc., I hereby agree, acknowledge, ad appreciate that:
1. I hereby release and hold harmless Dance Arts Valdosta, Inc. and its employees, agents, and officers with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss of damage to person or property, whether caused by negligence or otherwise;
2. To release Dance Arts Valdosta, Inc., their officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, volunteers, and vessels from liability and responsibility whatsoever and for any claims or cause of action that I, or the "student" or assigns that may have for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death arising from the dance activities whether caused by active or passive negligence of the releasees or otherwise. By executing this document, I have agreed to hold harmless and indemnify therein conjunction with any injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property that may occur as a result of engaging in dance activities;
3. By entering into this agreement I am not relying on any oral or written representation or statements made by the releasees, other than what is set forth in this agreement;
This release shall be binding to the fullest extent permitted by Georgia Law. If any provision of this release is found to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall be enforceable.
I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement and I fully understand its terms, and I agree to it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
For participants of minority age, this is to clarify that I, as parent, guardian or temporary guardian with legal responsibility for the student, do consent and agree not only to his/her release of all releasees, but also to release and indemnify the releasees from any and all liabilities incident to his/her involvement in these programs for myself, my heir, assigns, and next of kin.
_________The school term consists of 34 (or more) meeting times. Tuition for instruction is divided into nine equal payments. Although we are closed for Christmas Holidays & for Spring Holiday, these payments are for 1/9th of the scheduled 34 meeting times. Please make checks payable to Dance Arts. Payments may be made at the office or mailed to 5045 River North Cir. Hahira, GA 31632. Please do not take checks to the instructor in the studio.
• Monthly payments are non- refundable.
• Monthly payments are required to be drafted by Auto-Pay on the FIRST of each month, All other fees including costumes and performance fees will not be drawn. It is your responsibility to make these payments either in the office or through your Parent Portal on the required date due.
• A $25.00 late FEE will be charged to all costume, Nutcracker and Recital fees not paid by the due date. Late fees are NON -NEGOTIABLE
• There will be a $30.00 charge for all returned checks or declined Auto-Payments.
_________ If your child participates in The Nutcracker you will be charged a one-time Nutcracker Fee of $65 (Primary 1-Advanced 2) or $85 (Advanced 3 and 4) due October 1st .
RECITAL COSTUMES FEE
_________A $70.00 deposit per costume is required and is payable Novermber 1st. The actual cost of the costume (minus the $70.00 Costume deposit) and the Recital Fee are due March 31st. Once costumes are ordered they cannot be cancelled!
________A $65 family recital fee is required for participation and due March 1st. Our annual Student Recital will be presented in May. The objective of the recital is to educate, motivate, and provide the student with both stage experience and the opportunity to display their achievements. You will receive 5 tickets to the recital for your family.
IMPORTANT WAYS TO STAY CONNECTED
The most important way to stay connected to information throughout our year will be through your email. Our student database will allow group reminder emails. May sure you’ve notated your email on your registration form. Enter our email into your contacts so the emails will not go to spam.
________To take full advantage of the instruction offered, prompt and regular attendance is necessary & is one way to assure your child’s progress. Make up classes for those missed due to illness are available, and encouraged. Arrangements should be made with the instructor. No refunds or reductions are made for missed classes. Excessive absences from weekly classes may require that a student be transferred to a lower level. Private lessons, which are of additional cost, may be required to catch the student up. This is by the determination of each individual teacher. In extreme cases of absenteeism, a student may be asked to not participate in the recital.
DROPPING OR ADDING A CLASS
_______If a student wishes to drop or add a class, the School must be notified in writing. Drop/Add Forms are available at the office and on our website. Students are liable for payment as long as their names are on the class roll. If you drop within the month, you will still be charged for the current month of instruction whether you attend class or not.
________Written parental excuses are requested, if a student is: to arrive late to, or leave early from class. The office should be notified if a student misses a class. Parents will be notified if a student is continually late or is disruptive during class. Please follow the dress code and the requirements on hair per level. If any teacher sees any disruption to the policies the student may be asked to leave class.
• Food. drink and chewing gum are not allowed in • Be sure to get a written receipt for all cash payments.
PLEASE OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING
• Dressing Rooms: Dressing rooms should be used for changing before and after class. Personal belongings should not be left in dressing rooms but carried with you to the dance studios.
• Bathrooms: Female Students should use the bathroom adjacent to the dressing rooms. Please reserve the bathroom off the main hall for parents, visitors, and males.
• Non-Students: Must be supervised by an adult.
• Parking: Please park in the lined space leaving the area directly in front of the studio clear for “dropping off” and “picking up.”
• Class Observations: Parents are welcomed to visit one class during the months of November and May. This may be offered by Zoom while we are still navigating the Covid Pandemic.
WHAT EVERY STUDENT SHOULD KNOW
1. Communication is key-
Please make sure you have listed a good email to keep you updated on all school news and announcements.
2. We require using Auto Pay through our Parent Portal- Once your child is entered into our system you will be sent access to your Parent Portal. You will sign up for Auto Pay to automatically draw tuition out of your checking account on the 1st each month. No more forgetting to pay tuition!
3. Being Late for class or missing a class-
We understand that being late is sometimes unavoidable. A note from the parent is requested to be submitted to the instructor. Please wait until there is break in the music before entering the classroom. We will call any parent if two or more absences occur to check on a student. Especially for those students that drive!
4. Valuables should not be left in the Dressing Rooms!
Lost and Found Items will be placed in the LOST AND FOUND box in the dressing room. Please label all shoes with your child’s name.
5. All Students should wear street clothes over dancewear and street shoes when arriving or leaving Dance Arts.
Dance shoes should be only worn inside the building, but not outside. Dirt and grease are very harmful to the dance floors. Please change into appropriate dance shoes in the dressing rooms before entering class.
6. All Students must follow the dress code for their proper classroom attire.
Heavy jewelry restricts the student’s ability to perform to their maximum in class and should be left at home. Dancewear can be purchased at our Open House Fittings or online at Discount Dance Supply. Please refer to the class level sheet for supply into. Especially for shoe color! No t-shirts or sweatshirts are to be worn over the leotards during class.
• Accessories that are acceptable-
• Skirts of chiffon or a comparable material, made for dance are acceptable and recommended for all ballet classes. Dance shorts and cover up pants are allowed for higher-level classes only.
• Dance Bags are a necessity. You may store shoes, extra leotards, hair pins, spray, brush, etc.
7. Appropriate Hair-
Hair must be pulled back away from the face and secured neatly in a braid or bun. Hairnets are recommended for better control. Hair will be required to be worn in a bun for all Advanced classes.
8. We reserve the right to dismiss any student whose attitude, attendance, conduct or payment record is unsatisfactory
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com