As the legal parent or guardian, I release and hold harmless Innovative Dance, INC its owners and operators from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any illness (including Covid-19 or any future outbreak), loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of Innovative Dance, INC, its owners and operators or in route to or from any of said premises.
In the event that my dancer participates in Innovative Dance, INC YouTube classes or virtual dance classes, I release and hold harmless Innovative Dance, INC its owners and operators from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any illness, loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while participating in our online, live classes or prerecorded videos.
Dance, in general is a very physical art form. Physical touching and pulling/pushing is inevitable in teaching a student correct placement. It is hereby understood that my dancer and family recognize this and hold no teacher of Innovative Dance, INC accountable to any such allegations or issues thereof. Regardless of social distancing recommendations, spotting participants during acrobatics tricks in any class is a requirement for student safety and necessary to perform said skills. This is valid at all times that my family is enrolled. If any student does not wish to be physically corrected, the teacher should be informed on the first day of class.
Procedures will be taken to keep the dance studio clean and sanitized. It is the responsibility of the participants to not attend classes if they are experiencing symptoms of any illness including but not limited to; fever, diarrhea, vomiting or eye infections.
I understand that the studio has photogenic rights, and throughout my enrollment, photos and videos may be taken and used for publicity purposes.
Innovative Dance charges an annual registration fee of $50 per family. This is charged when you register. Classes are charged on a month-to-month basis, there is no pay per class rate. To drop classes, a parent must log on to their parent portal and select to drop each class under ‘Manage Students’. Classes must be dropped by the 15th of the month to avoid being charged the following month. Beginning December 1st class enrollment may not be changed for the remainder of the season. Classes dropped after December 1st must be done through the office and will result in a $100 drop fee. Tuition not paid by the 5th of the month will automatically be charged a $15 monthly late fee. There is a $25 fee for all returned tuition, checks, credit cards and autopay. Tuition, registration fees, and costume fees will not be pro-rated or refunded under any circumstances. Alternate or make-up classes are available.
A Spring Recital is approximately the third week in June. An exact date is always posted in September. Recital pictures are taken at the studio sometime in early June. Recital costumes run from $75-$100. These fees will be charged December 15th.
Dress Codes for all classes listed below:
We understand that you like to give your child growing room. Please don't go up more than half a size bigger than needed. It is too difficult to dance in shoes that do not fit. We also know that some shoe brands don't work for every foot. These shoe styles are the ones we recommend.
Ballet levels Princess Plie, Pre-Ballet, Ballet I-II:
Bloch pink full sole ballet shoes style SO205G
Pink tights (not required for Princess Plie)
Black leotard (skirted leos OK for Princess Plie & Pre-Ballet)
Hair must be in a bun (not required for Princess Plie)
Ballet levels III-VI:
Capezio Hanami split sole slipper preferred in either canvas (preferred) or leather
Hair must be in a bun
Black bike short or tight/footless legging
white short sleeved leotard or crew neck fitted tee
12+yo nude or black dance belt
black or white split sole slippers
hair styled out of face
Clothing for Tap/Turn/Tumble, Tap/Jazz, Acro, Aerial and Lyrical:
Tights not required for class.
Jazz pants, dance shorts, capris all ok
Leotards preferred but dance tops ok
Please NO shirts, NO running shorts, street clothes or baggy clothing
If it was not designed for dance class, it’s not dance clothes
Hair must be tightly up and out of face, ponytail preferred
Hip Hop & Hippity Hop: Clean sneakers, black converse needed for recital
Baggy clothes such as sweat pants, basketball shorts and t-shirts
Hair should be out of face
Knee pads required
Absolutely NO jeans please
Lyrical Shoes: Capezio Pirouette II H061
Jazz Shoes: Pre-school through third grade
Capezio #205 Black Daisy ballet shoes
Fourth grade and up
TAN Bloch neoflex slip on jazz shoes SO495L
Tap Shoes: Pre-school through third grade
Capezio black tap shoes #625, jr. tyette
Fourth grade and up
Bloch, SO321L Sync Tap (approx. $85)
Bloch, SO361L respect (approx $113)
Bloch, SO327L Chloe and Maude (approx $90)
Bloch, SO313L Jason Samuels Smith (approx $250)
Capezio, 960 Roxy (approx. $180)
Acro & Aerial: Bare feet, no shoes required.
Innovative Dance, INC always strives for excellence while still allowing kids to be kids. We provide an exciting and fun learning environment for ages 3 through adult. The professionally trained staff is dedicated to teaching and providing each student with the best possible instruction in tap, jazz, ballet, lyrical jazz, hip hop and acrobatics. There are classes for the beginner up to the student interested in competitive dance. New classes begin every summer and fall.
The best way to get in touch with us is to email email@example.com. She will always respond in a timely fashion. To contact Molly directly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can leave a message on the studio phone, (503) 570-8858, and someone in the office will return your when they can.
1. Have fun!
2. Be kind to your teachers and fellow dancers
3. Follow the dress code, be on time and prepared for class
(Please see the dress code for complete clothing, shoe and hair information)
4. Do not sit down or leave the room without permission
5. Do not talk or dance while the teacher is talking
6. Cell should be silent and remain in your dance bag AT ALL TIMES
1. Please drop off and pick up your child on time. We can only be responsible for children DURING their class times.
2. Empty dance rooms are not play rooms. It is not safe for your child to horseplay in the studio.
3. Class observation is only allowed on specific observation days. It is difficult for children to pay attention and learn in front of an audience.
4. Please have your child get a drink of water and use the bathroom before class. It is distracting to have people going in and out during class. Dancers are encouraged to bring water bottles with a non-spill lid to class and water is the only beverage allowed in the dance room.
5. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please keep your belongings in your dance bag and your valuables at home.
6. If your child is not feeling well or has a fever, please keep them home!
7. The drive through is for dropping off and picking up only. Please do not get out of your car unless you are in a parking spot. DO NOT stop and wait if your child is not already waiting. Please pass this information on to whoever is picking up your dancer.
8. Classes in studio A should enter through the side entrance. Classes in Studio B should enter through the front entrance. Classes in studio C should enter directly into the studio. All entrances are marked.
9. Please drop off and pick up your dancer at the back door if you are driving through. The front door does not have a safe place for kids to walk to a car alone. The back door has a much safer sidewalk picks up area.
10. Please follow all polices and general information
Class schedules are subject to change. Any class with insufficient enrollment will be cancelled after the first two weeks of classes. Classes may move to an online or virtual format if social distancing procedures become required. In this case, students are expected to stay enrolled in all classes a minimum of one month. We often add classes and move students to different levels throughout the fall.
We want to make sure everyone is in the best class for them. Please leave a message at the studio if your dancer is going to be absent. Sharing our love for dance with your children is our number one priority. Thank you for giving us this opportunity to get to know your children. Please feel free to email me at anytime if there is anything I can do to help.
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com