Classes from home checklist and terms and conditions of classes.
Our Commitment to you:
BalletBoyz is thrilled to be able to offer classes via Zoom. We endeavour to provide the highest quality of teaching and class delivery so that you have a really enjoyable experience!
• We will limit places in classes so that individual feedback can be given.
• We will hold emergency contact details for all participants in case of injury if/when the participant is unable to get support at home.
• Whilst there is no guarantee that any online platform is fully secure, we have a number of measures in place to protect your privacy during these classes:
- All classes are a closed event and only available to those that have booked in advance. Classes can only be accessed by password.
- The BalletBoyz teacher will be hosting the class and controlling the visual and audio from participants as well as who joins the session.
- We will regularly review the suitability of the platform.
BalletBoyz Safeguarding policy will be followed at all times, with additional measures being introduced during online sessions:
- Teachers leading classes for Young People or Adults at risk will hold a current DBS certificate.
- A DBS checked member of BalletBoyz staff will act as the host for classes with Young People and will be present throughout the session.
- The host will monitor audio, video and chat for the duration.
o Do you have enough room to move without obstruction? (can you move your arms and legs without hitting any objects?)
o Is the flooring suitable? (not too hard or too slippery?)
o Are you free from distractions? (other people or pets?)
o Are you wearing comfortable clothing that is easy to move in?
o Have you made BalletBoyz aware of any pre-existing injuries?
o Does your device have sufficient battery to last the duration of the class or is it connected to a power source? – have you tucked wires away safely?
o Is your internet working properly?
o Is your audio and video working on your device?
o Finally, are you ready to enjoy your class and get moving? (We hope so!)
Terms and Conditions:
1. Class fees are paid through our Booking Portal (DanceStudioPro). This is a safe and secure platform. It is free to register for an account. Payment will only be taken when you enrol for a class. No other payments will be taken from this account.
2. Unfortunately, we are no longer able to offer multi-class or family discounts.
3. BalletBoyz cannot offer a refund if the participant is absent or unable to attend a class. We are also unable to offer a ‘makeup’ class for any that are missed.
4. Refund requests for half or full-term payments will be undertaken on a case-by-case basis and are at the discretion of BalletBoyz staff – please email email@example.com to request.
5. In the event that a participant wishes to miss a term of classes before re-joining, we are unable to guarantee the participant a space in advance.
1. The timetable is provisional and may be subject to change.
2. Classes are booked on a first come first serve basis every half term. Early booking is advised to avoid disappointment.
3. Participants must be in the Zoom waiting room at least 5 minutes before the class begins. Any latecomers may not be admitted. This is at the discretion of the class teacher.
4. Please ensure your Zoom name and your name on the booking portal match. The teacher will have a register and won’t be admitting anyone into the class where the names do not match.
5. BalletBoyz are not liable for loss of personal internet connection and will not be able to offer refunds or make up classes as a result of lost connection. If connection issues stem from BalletBoyz, then we will of course offer refunds/alternatives.
6. If BalletBoyz have to cancel a class, you will be given as much notice as possible. We will always endeavour to find a suitable cover teacher for sessions that our contracted teachers can’t attend due to injury or illness. If this isn’t possible the class will be cancelled, and a full refund issued. If possible, we will offer you a make-up class – this would be subject to take up and scheduling.
7. Participants microphones will be muted throughout the session. If you need to ask the teacher a question you can use the chat function to do this and this will be checked intermittently by the teacher.
1. Participants must provide an emergency contact name and number when participating in any class. If the participant’s contact details and emergency contact details change, it is the responsibility of the participant, or the parent/guardian if the participant is under 18, to update their account details on the Booking Portal immediately so that BalletBoyz staff have accurate and up to date information.
2. It is the participant’s responsibility to inform BalletBoyz of any illnesses or injuries that may arise during class or are pre-existing. If the participant is under 18, a parent/guardian must provide this information on the participant's behalf.
3. There is a certain level of risk by participating in any physical activity. Participants taking part in any class are doing so at their own risk.
Only necessary information is collected when students sign up for classes and this data is stored within a locked database. This information is collected for both the safety of the class and the student taking part. The information will only be used in conjunction with the selected activity. Participants will have to opt-in to receive other information about BalletBoyz if they so desire, and this option will be presented to them when they first sign up. When participants register online for activity, we use ‘DanceStudio-Pro’ which is connected to the online payment system ‘Stripe’.
All of the above are trusted online services. Please see their Data Protection Policies below:
No longer taking classes with us?
To delete your account login into the portal and select ‘Account’ then ‘Account settings’ and select ‘Right to be forgotten’.
Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete your account for you.
If you want to return in the future just re-create your account.
BalletBoyz Complaints Procedure
Whilst we hope that we provide a good service to all our customers, we would like to hear from you if you are not satisfied with any aspect of our service.
This document explains our complaints procedure which is accessible to all our customers on an equal basis. Our approach will be to try to put things right quickly and politely. Making a complaint will not affect the level of service you receive from BalletBoyz Ltd.
If you would like to make a complaint, this is what you should do:
If you feel it is appropriate, please raise your concerns with the member of staff. If you don’t feel it’s appropriate, please refer to stage 2.
If you are dissatisfied with the response you receive from the member of staff you may ask us to review the complaint by emailing email@example.com, with the word ‘Complaint’ in the email subject.
• What happened
• When it happened (dates and times)
• Who dealt with you;
• What you would like us to do to put it right
You will receive a confirmation that we have received your complaint within 3 working days and a decision will be given to you in writing 10 days after receiving your request for Stage 2.
If you are still unhappy, your complaint will be put to BalletBoyz Artistic Directors to review. We may ask you to attend a meeting with us to discuss your complaint in more detail. We would send you a written record of the meeting and a formal reply to your complaint from the Artistic Directors of BalletBoyz. This will take place 10 working days after Stage 3 was requested.
If the matter is still not put right to your satisfaction, you may appeal to BalletBoyz Board of Trustees. We may ask you to attend a meeting with a representative of the Board to discuss your complaint in more detail. We would send you a written record of the meeting and a formal reply to your complaint from the Trustees of BalletBoyz. The meeting would take place a maximum of 15 days after stage 4 has been requested, and you would receive a written response 10 working days after the meeting.
If you are not satisfied with the Trustee’s response, you can refer your complaint to the Charity Commission. The commission looks into complaints about charities whether they are from the public, the media or another regulatory body. In most cases the Charity Commission will seek to work with the charity to set things right. If a problem appears to be serious or complicated, the commission may carry out further enquiries to establish the facts and decide what action is necessary to remedy it.
Your personal information
If you use our complaints procedure, you are agreeing that we can use any personal information you send us for purposes connected with your complaint. We will only give your personal information to other people and organisations if you have given us permission to do so.
We are committed to equal opportunities and take complaints about discrimination seriously.
Comments and suggestions
We hope that your concerns can always be resolved through the stages 1 – 3 of the procedure above. However, we welcome comments and suggestions that can help us improve our services. The feedback we obtain from our customers will help us to continue to improve our service.
52A Canbury Park Road,
Kingston Upon Thames,
Tel: 020 8549 8814
Sian Cobern, Creative Learning Manager
0208 549 8814
Should you have any concerns, questions or queries please don’t hesitate to contact.
Sian Cobern, Creative Learning Manager – Designated Officer Victoria Collins, General Manager- Secondary Officer
Powered by: DanceStudio-Pro.com