Emerging Artists Musical Theatre Academy, DBA
Release and Waiver Liability and Indemnity Agreement
1. My participation in services, programs, and activities of Emerging Artists Musical Theatre Academy (hereafter referred to as EAMTA) involve inherent risk of injury to my person and property, including the possible risk of death.
2. I understand and acknowledge that the foregoing risks include, but are not limited to muscle strains, sprains or fatigue, fractured or broken bones or other orthopedic injuries, other muscular, neurological, orthopedic or other bodily injuries, stroke or other cerebral vascular incident or occurrence, heart attack or other cardiovascular or total paralysis, slips falls or other unintended loss of balance or bodily movement, heart stress, torn muscles, vocal nodes or nodules, torn tendons or ligaments, pinched nerves, pinched body parts, and other forms of bodily injury impairment, disability, or death. The use of property and scenery pieces involve risks of injury, impairment, disability, disfigurement and even death, but knowing, realizing, and appreciating these risks, I desire to participate in various activities with EAMTA.
3. I represent that I am in good physical condition and have no disabilities, diseases, illnesses, or other condition that would prevent me from singing or dancing with EAMTA or utilizing EAMTA's property or scenery pieces.
4. I agree that all activities to be engaged in with EAMTA are undertaken at my sole risk and that I will abide by EAMTA's rules and regulations as some may be amended from time to time.
Release/Waiver of Liability
5. By my execution herof, I hereby waive, prospectively release, discharge, and acquit EAMTA, its directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, and co-participants from any and all claims and from any liability for personal injury or death, including loss of services, which may be sustained by me on account of arising out of or while engaged in any activities, or while using any property or scenery of EAMTA's at any time during or after membership. My prospective waiver and release shall apply to all claims, demands or causes of action including those that may arise out of the active/passive negligence of those hereby released. It is agreed that this provision shall not apply to any acts or omissions of gross negligence, intentional, wanton or willful misconduct or criminal activity by any of those hereby released.
6. I do further agree to indemnify and hold EAMTA and all of those released hereby absolutely harmless from any and all claims, demands, damages, suits or causes of action, including all fees (including attorney fees), costs or expenses related thereto, that are instituted either by myself or by any of my heirs, executors or administrators, or by my spouse, or dependents related in any way whatsoever to my use of EAMTA's property or scenery, or arising out of my participation in any programs or services carried on by EAMTA.
7. I acknowledge and agree that EAMTA is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. I further acknowledge that I should keep any valuables with me at all times. Consequently, by executing this form and accompanying documents, I agree to assume all responsibility for my own property and to insure that property against any risk of loss as I see fit. By the execution hereof, I expressly and knowingly agree to forego, waive, release, and prospectively give up any right to institute any claim or action against EAMTA or any of its personnel related to any lost or stolen property, including property lost or stolen due to the negligent act or omission of EAMTA and/or its directors, officers, agents related to the theft or loss of property. I agree that EAMTA shall be indemnified by me for all costs, expenses, fees, including attorney fees, incurred by EAMTA or its personnel by reason of any such action. I and EAMTA agree that this provision shall not apply to any acts or omissions of gross negligence, intentional, wanton or willful misconduct or criminal activity by any of those hereby released.
8. I acknowledge and agree that EAMTA is allowed to take, reproduce, and utilize pictures, tapes, and/or quotes of participants in conjunction with EAMTA, so long as it is deemed valid under the law.
9. If any portion of this Agreement should be deemed to be invalid or contrary to the law, then the remaining portion or portions of this Agreement shall be deemed valid and given full legal effect.
Notice and Acknowledgement
I have read or have had the foregoing read to me, and understand and fully appreciate that I am giving up a substantial legal right by my execution of this document and on behalf of me and my spouse, dependents, heirs, executors, and administrators agree to not institute any claim or suit against those hereby released. In addition, to prospectively release those parties hereby released from any claims or suits related to passive or active negligence and to indemnify EAMTA and all those hereby released in the event that any suit, claim, or demand is made against EAMTA or any of those released hereby related to any personal injuries or death.
10. I agree to all of the foregoing provisions contained within the ten parts of this agreement.
Broadway Camp/Winter Camp Policies-
1. Broadway/Winter camps are non-refundable.
2. Tuition is due one week prior to Broadway/Winter camp start date.