Dance Sensations By Desire’ Policies
The Dancer and Guardian agree to the following:
1. I am aware of the payment policies and cancellation fees and procedures.
2. All students with the exception of the Adult Classes participate in the year end recital. Adult Classes MAY participate in the recital upon notice from teacher. The 2023 recital will be held at the Riddell Centre on June 3, 2023.
3. All students are required to attend dress rehearsal during the morning of June 3, 2023.
4. Pictures will be held in May. See “Save The Dates” for date.
5. Dance Sensations By Desire’ reserves the right to combine, shorten, lengthen, or cancel any class.
6. I am aware that the teachers reserve the right to move my child to a different level if the one they are registered in is not the correct level. The level that each dancer is placed in will depend on their age, ability, maturity, and determination. All of these factors depend on what the instructors feel the student will benefit from throughout the year. We want each child to be challenged and to work hard, but to also not be overwhelmed. It is never a guarantee that a child "moves up" a level each year, or that they remain with the same group they were in the season before.
7. I agree that my child’s picture may be posted on the studio website or used in advertisements.
8. I agree that l am responsible for all costume and performance fees if my child is withdrawn after December 1st, 2022. No withdrawals are accepted after January 1st, 2023 due to preparation for competitions and the annual recital.
9. I agree that I am responsible for ALL fees including tuition, performance fees, workshop/prop fees, exams fees and competition fees for the remainder of the season if I chose to withdrawal my child after January 1, 2023.
10. I am aware that Dance Sensations By Desire’ has a dress code. Failure to comply may lead the dancer to be excused from class. Please see our Dress Requirements online at www.dancesensations.ca
11. I hereby release Dance Sensations By Desire’ and staff from any liability with respect to damage or injury that I or my child may suffer during participation in physical activity.
For Competitive (Troupe) / Exam Students Only (Junior-Senior):
1. I understand that I must attend all competitions my group has been registered for.
2. I understand that attendance is mandatory for all extra rehearsals.
3. I understand that I may have extra lessons on weekends for exam preparation (usually 4- 6 weeks prior to examination) and for competition rehearsal.
4. I am aware that not all students will be ready to take an exam. Students will be notified if they are ready and is entirely up to the teacher’s discretion.
5. I am aware that solo’s, duo’s, trio’s must be approved by the director. Students participating in a solo/duo/trio must be participating in exams or at an Intermediate ADAPT level.
7. I am aware that my child will be charged a “prop fee” to cover the expense of making and hauling props to competitions and recital. The charge will be $250.00.
8. I understand that my child will require a DS Studio Warm-up suit.
Rules and Regulations:
All students, teachers, and staff are expected to demonstrate respect for all members of Dance Sensations By Desire’, as well as the facility. Dance Sensations By Desire’ reserves the right to dismiss anyone who acts disrespectful at the discretion of the staff.
~No food or drinks in the dance studios.
~No gum chewing in class.
~No jewelry in class.
If a student will be missing from a class, it is their (or their parent/guardians) responsibility to inform their teacher or the studio. While it is understood that emergencies and sicknesses happen, if a dancer has missed three classes, it is up to the discretion of the instructor if the dancer must do a half-hour private lesson at the cost of $35.00 in order to catch up. This is not a punishment: when a dancer has missed too many classes, it is not fair to the group, the instructor, or the dancer themselves. The group does not want to be held back, the instructor has planned out classes, and the dancer who missed will struggle with being behind. The opportunity to do a make-up class allows the child to catch up and will keep the class on track!
1. Be punctual and arrive at least 10-15 minutes before each class starts in order to warm-up and be ready to dance (proper hair, attire, and shoes). Students who arrive more than 15 minutes late will have to observe due to safety (no proper warm up) and class interruption. Students should be picked up promptly after class.
2. Be prepared to LEARN: Be focused, polite, and alert.
3. Have a POSITIVE ATTITUDE: dance class is so much more enjoyable when a positive attitude is applied. Poor attitudes in class will NOT be tolerated and students may be asked to leave.
4. Be a TEAM PLAYER: Dance is a team activity and it is essential that all members make a commitment to attend classes and practice regularly. Dancers should encourage and support their team members as well.
5. PRACTICE: Like any sport, hobby, or activity, practice is essential for SUCCESS! It is encouraged that students stretch, practice skills and choreography as well as terminology at home.
6. Students are expected to pick up after themselves and treat the facility with respect. Noise and horsing around will not be tolerated in the waiting or studio area.
7. Students are expected to be quiet during class instruction. Please treat your teacher with the utmost respect, as in turn they will do the same for you.
8. All students must take full responsibility for any personal items brought to the studio. The staff at Dance Sensations by Desire’ will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
9. Cell phones, iPods, etc. are NOT allowed in the studio area. All phones and iPods will be put in the “Cell Phone” box at the beginning of class and will be returned at the end of class.
If any of the above are not followed, the teacher may either ask the dancer to sit out or excuse them from the class.
1. Be Punctual: Parents should make every effort to ensure that their child arrives to class on time and is picked up following class in a timely manner.
2. Let the instructor know if you have any concerns, but please not between classes. If you have a concern, emails, phone calls, or messages are suggested or a private meeting can be set up.
3. Read newsletters, emails, etc. to remain informed on studio events.
4. Ensure all fees are paid in a timely manner.
5. Respect the instructor: the instructors are professionally trained and have your child’s best interest in mind.
6. Concerns and questions are welcomed however; Dance Sensations By Desire’ will have final say in regards to costuming, choreography, class placements, etc.
1. Start and end class on time.
2. Treat students fairly.
3. Provide a positive, motivating and creative learning environment.
4. Instruct appropriately according to age and abilities.
5. Communicate concerns appropriately with the director and parents as required.
6. Respect all parents, students, and other staff members.
1. An Administration fee ($65/dancer) is due at time of registration. This fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. This clause shall apply to all students enrolled at Dance Sensations By Desire’.
1. Tuition fees are payable the first of each month September – May.
2. Method of payment for tuition fees may be by Cheque, Cash, eTransfer, Credit Card, however if paying by cash/cheque on a monthly basis, 3 months of tuition needs to be paid for in advance. Fees and charges for NSF cheques need to be paid for in a timely manner or student may be removed from his/her class until those fees are paid for in full.
3. A monthly service charge of $20 shall be applied to outstanding account balances.
4. Performance fees, competition fees and exam/workshop fees need to be paid by post dated cheques or lump payment in full on designated payment days. Post dated cheques for ALL fees MUST to be left at registration.
5. There shall be a $45.00 charge for N.S.F. payments or declined credit card payments.
6. GST & PST will be charged on all tuition fees.
This fee covers expenses for each dancers costume & picture package for their specific group/routine .
_____X 1. Performance Fees are due January 1, 2023. These fees vary depending on level/class and are NON-REFUNDABLE. This clause shall apply to all students enrolled at Dance Sensations By Desire’.
Competition Entry Fee:
_____X 1. Competition Entry fees are due January 1, 2023. This fee covers the entry fees to attend Dance Explosion & one local competition (MJ Carnival or Glam Dance). These fees range in price approximately $40-$65 per group/competition and approximately $50-$125 per solo/duo/trio. Additional charges may be incurred due to additional routines, solo/duo/trio routines, late charges, or overtime charges. These fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. This clause shall apply to all students enrolled at Dance Sensations By Desire’
TROUPE Competition Entry Fee: Troupe ONLY
_____X 1. TROUPE Competition Entry fees are due January 1, 2023. This fee covers the entry fees to attend TWO High end competitions (Phoenix & Dance Canada). These fees range in price approximately $65-$70 per group/competition and approximately $100-$125 per solo/duo/trio Additional charges may be incurred due to additional routines, solo/duo/trio routines, late charges, or overtime charges. These fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. This clause shall apply to all students enrolled at Dance Sensations By Desire’
_____X 1. A workshop fee of $250.00 is due October 15, 2022. This fee is NON-REFUNDABLE as of October 15, 2022. ADAPT Exam fees are due February 1, 2023. These fees are NON-REFUNDABLE as of February 1, 2023. Exam fees range in price, $125-$250 per exam depending on the level. You will be notified in December in regards to ADAPT exams, the number of exams, and costs. This clause shall apply to all students enrolled at Dance Sensations By Desire’
1. Cancellation is accepted by providing 30 days written notice for the first of the following month. During this 30 day notice period students are welcome to attend class. NO withdrawal are accepted after January 1, 2023.
2. A Cancel fee of $50.00 will be charged to any student withdrawing from class.
3. You may cancel this contract at any time within 7 days after you have signed, by serving Dance Sensations By Desire’ with notice to that effect. Notice may be served personally, mail, e-mail or fax to Dance Sensations By Desire’.
Your Rights under The Consumer Protection Act. You may cancel this contract at ay time during the period that ends Seven (7) business days after the later of the day you receive a written copy of the contract and the day all the services are available. You do not need to give Dance Sensations By Desire’. a reason for cancelling during this period. In addition, there are other grounds that allow you to cancel this contract. You may also have other rights, duties and remedies at law. For more information, you may contact the Consumer Protection Branch, Saskatchewan Justice. To cancel this contract you must give notice of cancellation to Dance Sensations By Desire’ 420 Meadowview Crescent, Box 647, Pilot Butte, Sk, S0G 3Z0 by personal service, by registered mail or by any other means set out in the contract.
I have read all of the above information on the past two pages, and am aware and comfortable with all the policies and regulations.