Parents As Partners Handbook / Class Quality Control / Studio Policy / Dress Code
Jan 20, 2021 08:19 PM
Thank you for choosing Villa West Dance & Acrobatics (VW)
for your child's dance and/or acrobatic lessons!
We are very excited to have you in the Villa West family!!
• Before your first lesson, take note of class days, times and locations; and let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We are happy to answer any questions you may have!
• The first week of lessons is always a very exciting and busy time! There are many students and families entering & exiting. Please use extra caution while in parking areas.
• When you arrive, students check at the front entrance to be temperature checked, marked present for class and then hand sanitize before entering the lobby to prepare class. It is also a GREAT idea to have students use the restroom BEFORE COMING TO THIER class. Restrooms are located in the back of the building (down the long hallway) should it be needed.
DUE TO COVID-19 - our lobby is closed to guest and visitors. We do have exterior windows to each classroom, that safely allow viewing for ALL parents/guest, outside our building. Our youngest students (age 2-4), who have never been away from a parent before, may have one parent or guardian attend class and monitor class from the lobby, and aid in case the restroom is needed.
-Do NOT come to class if you have been exposed to Covid-19, or are experiencing any symptoms.
-Do NOT come to class if you feel ill. We offer zoom participation for those needing to remain safer at home!
-Staff & Members must be temperature checked upon entering the facility.
-Staff wear masks.
-Members are encouraged to wear masks; however it's at the discretions of the parent/guardian.
-Additional sanitizing, hand washing, and disinfecting procedures are in place for before, during, and between every class.
-VW reserves the right to move classes to a virtual platform in the event of a needed facility closure.
The studio office is OPEN, for questions, etc. Practice keeping 6 ft distance when visiting the office.
We additionally offer private lessons, semi-private lessons, and online classes. Let us know if you're interested!
• During the first few weeks of lessons, Villa West instructors are working to evaluate students and their learning styles. We want the very best for your children, and we will adapt our curriculum and teaching styles to fit the needs of our students!
We are going to have a wonderful session full of growth! Thank you very much for allowing us the opportunity to share our passion for performing arts with you and your children.
Over the years, VW has built a reputation for excellence in dance/acro instruction and involvement in the community. We trust that your child will have a rewarding experience in our positive classrooms.
Please take a moment to review our General Studio Policies that are detailed below.
Villa West Dance & Acrobatics
2020-2021 Fall/Winter School Season Calendar
August 17th - Classes Begin!
September 5-7 - Labor Day Weekend, No Classes
October 31 - No classes, Happy Halloween!
November 23-28 - No classes, Thanksgiving Holiday
/ Inter-sessional Fall Break
December 23-January 2 - No classes, Winter Break
March 29-April 4 - Easter/Spring Break, No classes
May - Annual Spring Recital Performance Experiences!
2021 Summer Session (6-weeks) June 1-July 8
2021 Competition Team Intensive July 26, 27, 28
2021-2022 Fall/Winter School Season Begins August 16, 2021!)
We help students achieve their goals and dreams in an encouraging environment. We build social skills, confidence and develop and nurture their talents through performance and learning the art of dance! Villa West is a licensed affiliate studio of More Than Just Great Dancing. Only one studio per region is selected for this outstanding honor. More Than Just Great Dancing licensed studios are committed to a higher standard of: Quality Curriculum, Teacher Training, Management Practices & Community Involvement.
We understand the importance of organization and communication. Our primary form of communication is via e-mail, e-newsletters and account statements. Please be sure your e-mail is accurate and you provide an e-mail you frequently use. Another great way to stay informed is to check out our Lobby Displays & Social Media Posts. If you have a question or comment and would like to get in touch with us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voice message at (636)451-3200.
Your online parent portal is a great tool during the year. Login anytime from our website!
¥ Check your account balance, previous payments and charges on your account.
¥ Follow Villa West activities and important dates through Google Calendar
¥ Set up Auto-Pay or make payments to your account.
¥ Update your contact information or view enrollment.
¥ Review studio waivers and policies.
¥ Schedule make-up lessons, private lessons
¥ And More!
SAFETY & ARRIVAL FOR WEEKLY CLASSES
Due to updated check-in procedures, it is imperative that students are brought to class at their correct class time.
Students are NOT ALLOWED UNATTENDED in any of the class rooms or on the equipment.
Parents should pick students at there front entrance of the building. Practice spacing 6 ft apart for safety. Students must be picked up on time.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Inform the front desk attendant & class instructor of any injuries, allergies, or special situations that might need extra attention or extra care.
• If your child is running a fever, do NOT send them to class.
• If your child has been sent home from school due to illness - do NOT send them to class.
• If your child has a contagious rash, head lice, pink-eye, or other contagious condition - do NOT send them to class.
Non-contagious rashes and skin injuries must be covered with bandage.
Stay healthy by washing hands with soap & water regularly. Cover your mouth when coughing and dispose of tissues in the waste baskets provided.
ANY PERSON BECOMING ILL OR RUNNING A FEVER will be quarantined in the directors office until a parent/guardian can get to them and take them home.
Should faculty or staff become ill - they must immediately leave and have an assistant finish their lesson.
VW reserves the right to move classes to a virtual platform in the event of a needed facility closure.
MAKE UP LESSONS
You may make-up a missed lesson, due to absence, via virtual online class. See the front office for appropriate class day/times for a virtual online class make-up lesson. There are no refunds or tuition adjustments for missed lessons due to illness, or moving to a virtual learning platform. Our in-person classes are not able to host make-up lesson attendees.
Students are not allowed to perform “tricks”, flips, turns, kicks, leaps or any other skill -in the studio - while unattended or without direct supervision of the instructor. Students may not climb on stored equipment, or each other, and may not move equipment without approval and supervision of the instructor.
No food or drink is allowed in the classroom. No gum, no candy.
Use of proper attire & shoes, keeps students safe and promotes positive self image. Please review and adhere to the following...
1. Pre-K Ballet & Tap Classes wear any color leotard and tights, Pink leather ballet shoes & tan tap shoes, hair in neat pony tail or bun. Tiny Two's wear leotard tights, a skirt and will only need pink leather ballet shoes.
2. Kindergarten through 2nd Grade Classes, in Ballet, Tap, Jazz styles, wear any color leotard and tights, Pink leather ballet shoes, tan tap shoes & tan jazz shoes.
3. Grades 3 & 4/5 & 6, Teen, Intermediate, & Advanced Classes in Ballet, Tap, Jazz styles, wear a black leotard. Pink tights for ballet. No shorts in ballet classes, ballet skirts are permitted. Jazz shorts or pants for jazz and tap. Appropriate shoes, tights, and hair in a bun. (Pink ballet/pointe shoes, Tan jazz shoes, Black oxford style tap shoes.)
3. Specialty Classes may wear any style of solid colored leotard, jazz shorts or pants, appropriate tights and shoes.
4. Hip Hop may wear athletic attire, hair in a neat pony tail, tan jazz shoes or clean athletic shoes not worn outside the studio.
5. Guys may wear comfortable athletic clothing, black tap shoes for Tap classes, clean sneakers for Hip Hop, or bare feet for Acro/Tumble.
6. Acro/Tumble Classes must wear a leotard with footless tights, biketard or unitard. Shirts as cover-ups are not permitted. Fitted gymnastics or jazz shorts may be worn. Bare feet, hair in neat pony tail or bun. No jewelry permitted.
Hair should be pulled back and away from the face for all classes. Buns are required for Intermediate & Advanced dance classes. Neat pony tails are required for all other classes.
NO JEWELRY NECKLACES OR BRACELETS (small stud earrings are okay)
WHERE TO FIND SHOES AND APPAREL?
Shoes and attire are available for purchase online, www.curtaincallforclass.com/mystudio/62783 and our code is VillaWest1.
Or visit Discount Dance Supply and use our Villa West studio code TP70437 to earn a special discount.
You may also find proper attire and shoes at dancewear stores such as:
Head to Toe Dancewear in Kirkwood, MO or OnPointe Dancewear in St.Louis
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
When there is snow, icing or also flooding, a message will be left on the studio answering machine after 2pm regarding the status of classes. An email and text will be sent as well. All attempts will be made to move classes to the online zoom format. The class code (login information) for this remote class is located in your parent portal, in the class information. There are no refunds or tuition adjustments due to weather cancelations.
Regular attendance is vital to student progress and level advancement. Students with injuries may attend lessons to observe, and keep up with the happenings of their class. There are no tuition adjustments for absences. Villa West reserves the right to modify the schedule or combine classes with few participants. Classes with fewer than 6 participants may be subject to cancellation. VW reserves the right to move classes to a virtual platform in the event of a needed facility closure.
Wash your hands thoroughly before & after class, and also PRIOR to touching chairs or dance/tumbling equipment. Food & Drink is not permitted. We have students with life-threatening conditions, and we take food, environment, & cross-contamination of allergens seriously; along with enhanced Covid-19 safety precautions.
It is our policy to offer appropriate opportunities to every child. Proper training takes years of practice, and students will progress according to his/her individual style and pace. Please schedule an appointment with our Program Director, if you have any questions or concerns about your child’s advancement.
CLASSROOM QUALITY CONTROL
VW provides a consistent and predictable, method of accountability, for instructors to manage students behavior in following Classroom Rules:
1. Listen and follow directions the first time
2. Always do my best
3. Respect for myself, my instructor, my class and my studio
Classrooms Conductive to Learning:
1) Students who do not adhere to the classroom rules should receive one verbal warning to correct their behavior.
2) After the verbal warning, if a student continues to not adhere to the classroom rules, they child be asked to sit down and think about their behavior for a moment ("thinking spot"), and the instructor will then invite them to re-join the class, as long as they follow the classroom rules.
3) If the child does not quietly and thoughtfully remain in their "thinking spot" or they continue to not follow the classroom rules after reuniting with the class; they should be asked to leave the classroom and escorted out to their parent.
By following these guidelines with exactness, parents and students know behavior expectation and management are the same in every class, for every student, among all instructors. The structure and consistency of this policy allows us to support one another as a unified front.
This policy insures that VW will provide an environment that is conductive to learning.
LOST & FOUND AND SECURITY
A lost & found basket is located at the studio front entrance. Please check the basket regularly. Any unclaimed items are donated to Goodwill quarterly. Villa West is not responsible for lost items. Label your belongings with students’ name for easy return. Security cameras are located in public areas for safety and security.
Joy, Laughter, Friends, Energy, Excitement!
We begin our 17th season with gratitude to our dance/acro families, students, faculty and our VW office management team for making VW shine bright! Thank you for choosing VW and for entrusting us with your precious children. We are blessed to be a part of their lives and treasure every moment!
PARENTS AS PARTNERS
When everyone works together, we can exceed expectations, encourage creativity, contribute to our community, become positive role models, and be More Than Just Great Dancing.
As a PARENT, I will:
-Know my student's schedule and will make sure that he/she is at classes, rehearsals and performances on time and picked up on time.
-Encourage my child to do his/her best without comparing my child to the progress of others.
-Positively support and represent my student, VW and his/her team in classes, performances, competitions and on social media.
-Bring any concerns or questions that I have directly to the instructor, director via studio email or studio phone only, not by social media or instructor or director cell phone.
-Help my child meet and follow all of the guidelines and requirements set forth in the VW Parents As Partners Handbook.
-Respect and understand the the decisions of VW staff in placement and performance ability are final, in your child's best interest and in the best interest of the team.
-Fully comply with all attendance policies in place and understand the refund policy.