Ohana Dance Waiver
Jan 22, 2021 01:17 PM
PLEASE FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF AND/OR YOUR CHILD:
• Always treat your teachers and classmates with respect.
• Students should arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to the start of class and should be picked up no more than 10
minutes late for class.
• No gum, food, or drinks are permitted in the dance studios. Students can bring water in only and drink when the
teacher allows for breaks.
• No street shoes are allowed in the dance studios including Breakdance and Hip-hop. Please keep a pair of indoor-only
shoes to preserve the dance floors and put your shoes on in the lobby or dressing room.
• Students should wait in the lobby until their teacher opens the door. Please be quietly lined up, with dance shoes on
ready to go.
• Parents and siblings are not allowed in the dance studios during class time. There are TV’s available for parents to watch classes. Good attendance is imperative and absences and tardiness can hold back an entire class. If a student is sick or will miss class, please contact the office to inform them.
• Tardies 10 minutes or more will be evaluated on a case by case basis. If the class has moved beyond stretching and/or warm-ups students may be asked to sit and observe the remainder of the class to prevent any harm or injury.
• We charge an additional $35 in any circumstance when your bank does not honor your check or your credit or bank card is denied with recurring payments. Students will not be allowed to participate in class if the account is not current.
• Tuition is due by the 1st of each month and is considered late on the 7th. A $15 late fee will be charged for all payments made after the 7th.
• Tuition is the same each month, including those shortened by holidays/closures. There are no exceptions, including student absences. Tuition is charged 12 months per year.
• There are no refunds for tuition for any reason. Make-up classes can be taken within 30 days of the missed class.
• Each student will be billed for a $40 student registration fee at the time of enrollment.
• All cancelations require a 30-day written notice. Tuition will be charged in full for the month until the notice period has
• Ohana Dance is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Lost items will be placed in the lost and found area in the
dressing room cubbies. Please do not bring valuable items to the studio.
• Pictures and videos may be taken during class from time to time and posted on social media. By signing this waiver, you
give Ohana Dance the rights to post the pictures and videos on yourself and/or your children.
• If your dancer has a break between classes, please make sure that they bring something to keep them occupied. Ohana
Dance staff is not responsible for watching dancers who are left unattended.
• Should you have a friend or family member coming to pick up your child/children, please inform the front office staff
by email prior to pick up time.
Ohana Dance encourages and requests all participants who use or visit Ohana Dance’s facilities or attends Ohana Dance sponsored events, to follow the most current guidelines issued by the Federal, State and Local health and safety offices for best practices to avoid influenzas and respiratory illnesses such as COVID-19. Generally, these recommendations include, but are not limited to, proper hygiene techniques, proper sanitation of equipment before and after use, social distancing, and submitting to temperature checks and screenings upon arrival. I/my student hereby attest that I/my student have not experienced one or more severe symptoms associated with COVID-19 (including, without limitation, Cough, Shortness of Breath or Difficulty Breathing, Chills or Repeated Shaking with Chills, Runny Nose, Fatigue, Sore Throat, Muscle Pain, Headache, Loss of Taste or Smell) within the last fourteen (14) days, or am still within a quarantine period as recommended by a healthcare provider. I understand and acknowledge that I will not be granted access to Ohana Dance’s facilities or sponsored events if I record a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater. I also acknowledge that Ohana Dance has asked all participants to refrain from using their facilities, or attending their sponsored events if they are experiencing any signs of respiratory illness such as fever, cough, shortness of breach or loss of smell or taste. Any participant who experiences these symptoms while at Ohana Dance’s facility, or attending their sponsored events, is instructed to leave immediately, inform Ohana’s management, contact their healthcare provider, and follow their guidelines. By signing this consent, I hereby certify the statements set forth herein for each date I attend Ohana Dance’s facilities or sponsored events. While I understand that Ohana Dance has taken what it, in its sole discretion, deems to be commercially reasonable steps to attempt to prevent its employees and participants from contracting the virus at its facilities and sponsored events, I am electing to enter the facility or attend the sponsored events and participate in the activity at my own risk. Further, still, I understand and acknowledge that Ohana Dance, by taking any steps that it deems reasonable, is not assuming any duties to me/my student. I hereby acknowledge and assume the risk of becoming infected by COVID-19 by being at Ohana Dance, or a sponsored event, and assume all associated risks that may result therefrom.
I give permission to my child and/or myself to dance at Ohana Dance. I waive the right to any legal action against Ohana Dance for any injury sustained on studio property or at any Ohana Dance event off the property. I understand that I am enrolling my dancer/myself in a program of physical activity and have agreed that I/my student is in good physical condition and does not suffer from any disability that would prevent or limit participation in this dance program.
I give full rights to Ohana Dance and its staff to use photos and video images of me or my child to use for promotional purposes of Ohana Dance only. Photos and videos will be used in brochures, websites, advertisements, social media, and other promotional material created by the studio. Photos may appear with or without names in press releases and other print advertising. I have read, understand, and agree to the above-stated waiver of liability and photo releases.
I understand I will be held responsible for all tuition, costume payments, and late fees and that there are no refunds given for any reason.
I hereby give permission for any and all medical attention to be administered to my child/myself in the event of an accident, injury, sickness, etc., under the direction of the physician listed below or at any necessary emergency facility, until such time as I may be contacted. I also assume the responsibility for the payment of any such treatment. This release is effective for the duration of my/my student’s participation in Ohana Dance activities.
I am responsible for notifying, in writing, Ohana Dance, Inc. of any change to the credit card or checking account. The returned check/declined card fee is $35. Should this provision have to be enforced by legal means, I am responsible for payment, as liquidated damages, the costs of collection, plus interest at the legal rate and reasonable attorney’s fees as determined by the Court.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained. You agree that you have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document and have received Ohana Dance policies and will take the responsibility to carefully read and follow the rules and policies therein. You also understand that Ohana Dance does not give credit and/or refunds for class(es) missed due to holiday, recital, vacation, illness, weather, etc. You further understand that there are specific risks of physical or property damages, losses, or injury that may result from my or my child’s participation with Ohana Dance, and voluntarily assume the risks associated with such participation.
We appreciate the opportunity to share our love of dance with you and your family. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Please sign, date, and return to Ohana Dance, Inc. prior to your first class stating that you understand and agree to our policies.