Tevakanui COVID-19 Policy (Revision 2)
Mar 25, 2023 11:19 AM
Tevakanui Polynesian Dance Studio
***IF AT ANY TIME YOU ARE FEELING SICK, PLEASE STAY HOME AND DO NOT COME TO THE STUDIO***
POLICY BRIEF & PURPOSE
This COVID-19 policy includes the measures we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. You are kindly requested to follow all these rules diligently, to sustain a healthy and safe dance space in this unique environment. It’s important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions. We assure you that we will always treat your private health and personal data with high confidentiality and sensitivity.
This coronavirus (COVID-19) company policy is susceptible to changes with the introduction of additional governmental guidelines. If so, we will update you as soon as possible.
This coronavirus policy applies to all members who physically attend the studio practices, and employees who physically work in our building. We strongly recommend that everyone reads through this action plan to ensure we collectively and uniformly respond to this challenge.
Here, we outline the preventative steps Tevakanui is taking to assure a safe space in accordance to health guidelines:
- To reduce crowds, dancers will enter through the front entrance (lobby) and exit through the back door.
- Dancers must be dropped off. Designated Staff/Spokes Parents will be available to assist the younger children.There will be no waiting in the lobby/waiting room.
- Temperatures will be taken at the door
- A temperature of 100.4 degrees will need a "cool down" and retake. If the temperature remains at that level, the individual will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Parents are to pick up their child from the back of the studio when class is finished.
- Please wait/stand 6 ft apart for pick-up.
- No cars are allowed in the back area.
- Dancers are to come to class ready and in uniform. This is primarily to our Mini-Keiki & Keiki classes. Please have your child ready upon drop off.
- The dance floor will be marked for students to stand 6 ft apart or more from each other.
- Per the Governor’s mandate, children are not required to wear a mask when engaged in strenuous physical activity. If you or your child feels safer to wear a mask during dance, you most certainly are advised to.
- Everyone ages 10 and up are required to wear a mask at all times unless they fall into the exemptions outlined in the Nevada State Directive 024 (Face Coverings).
- Unless the class size is small enough to maintain the 6 ft. distance rule during this activity, we will be removing the “Drills” section of the class. This is to avoid the grouping together that is seen during this movement exercise.
- We have sanitizer stations setup throughout the studio and enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures will be enforced.
- Class times have been reduced in minutes to allow for proper cleaning & sterilization of the studio floor.
- It’s okay to not greet everyone with a kiss or hug and put aside cultural customs for the sake of community health.
- Water will no longer be available for sale. Please bring your own water to practice.
- Limit items you bring with you inside to the studio. Bring a small bag that carries your water, spray, deodorant, phone and pareo/shirt.
- Ventilation will be increased by opening doors or adjusting air conditioning.
- Please do not hang around the studio after class.
- Please refrain from coming to the studio if you feel sick or have been around someone that is sick.
GENERAL HYGIENE RULES:
- Wash your hands after using the toilet, before eating, and if you cough/sneeze into your hands (follow the 20-second hand-washing rule). You can also use the sanitizers you’ll find around the studio.
- Cough/sneeze into your sleeve, preferably into your elbow. If you use a tissue, discard it properly and clean/sanitize your hands immediately.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands to prevent from getting infected.