Sep 19, 2021 03:23 AM
Our contact details
Name: Samantha Boyd School of Dance - Miss Samantha Boyd ARAD RTS, FIDTA , Principal
Contact: Miss Samantha Boyd - Data Protection Officer
Address: High Street, Great Wakering, Essex. SS3 0HX
Phone Number: 01702 840048
Dated: 21st April, 2020
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
• Personal Information (Name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail)
• Characteristics (i.e. nationality, special needs)
• Parent/Guardian contact details/information
• Emergency contact details
• Medical information
• Previous dance tuition/performance
• Photographs and videos of dance related activities for promotional purposes
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you via our School Portal, Website, telephone or Registration Form for one of the following reasons:
• For emergency contact information
• For Examinations, Events, Festivals and Shows
• Purchase of goods from Samantha Boyd Sports & Dancewear Shop
• Identify class grade to support pupil learning
• Awareness of Medical conditions
• To communicate information on day to day classes, timetables and school information
We may share this information with
• Employees (Supporting pupil learning)
• Royal Academy of Dance (Examinations)
• International Dance Teachers Association (Examinations)
• Event Organisers (e.g. Shows, Festivals and Trips)
• Essex County Council (e.g. Performance Licence / Chaperone Licences)
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are
• Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Samantha Boyd School of Dance via the link on the
School Portal or via e-mail.
• We have a legal obligation
• We have a vital interest
• We need it to perform a public task
• We have a legitimate interest
How we store your personal information
• Your information is securely stored at SBSD Dance School.
• Personal Information can be held on a secure, password protected IT computer system.
• Hard copy of Registration Forms held within secure locked cabinet in a key coded office.
• Telephone details on SBSD School mobile password protected.
• We keep all personal information when someone has left stored securely for six years for tax and accountancy requirements. We will then dispose of
your information by shredding and deleting from our systems.
CCTV is in operation at Samantha Boyd School of Dance, High Street, Great Wakering, Essex SS3 0HX on the forecourt and within the Shop and Reception Areas. This is solely for security purposes and footage will automatically be deleted after 28 days.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
• Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
• Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to
complete information you think is incomplete.
• Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances, however, please be aware we will not be
able to contact you with regard to future SBSD activities and events.
• Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at Samantha Boyd School of Dance e-mail email@example.com or 01702 840048 if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at:
Principal, Miss Samantha Boyd ARAD RTS, FIDTA, Samantha Boyd School of Dance, High Street, Great Wakering. Essex SS3 0HX
Telephone Number: 01702 840048
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow. Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk