Dec 02, 2022 10:34 AM
Dance Doctors Studios Privacy Notice
This privacy notice is published in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. This notice provides general information on the way in which the personal information you provide is managed and processed by Dance Doctors Studios (the ‘data controller’).
Information we collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register or enrol for a class. This information may include name, address, phone number, date of birth and where necessary medical conditions.
• Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means such as email, letter or telephone.
• Information collected using cookies on your computer about how you browse our website
Use of your personal data
The information you have provided will be used to administer your journey with Dance Doctors Studios.
The information you have provided may also be shared with the International Dance Teachers Association for the administration of exams and Dance Studio Pro, who provide administrative software for the purpose of managing enrolment, communications and payment plans.
The consequences of not providing the required information and agreeing to this use of your personal information is Dance Doctors Studios will be unable to process your enrolment.
Dance Doctors Studios is legally able to process your personal data:
• When you have freely and explicitly provided your consent to this processing or
• The company has a statutory duty to collect and process this information to provide the required service or undertake a statutory function
• When your personal data forms part of a contract between you and Dance Doctors Studios
Covid-19 Information Collection
Dance Doctors Studios will keep accurate records of everyone attending the studios. Name, contact details and time and date of visit will be recorded to assist NHS Test and Trace Service in relation to COVID-19 and following current Government Guidance.
This information will only be shared with NHS Test and Trace Service should they contact Dance Doctors Studios and request information in response to a COVID-19 outbreak.
Use of photographic images
By proceeding with enrolment you consent to your/ your child’s photo to be taken in class, at exams, shows and events. Images taken may be shared on social media, our website or used for advertising purposes. Photos will not be personalised or include names.
If you would prefer for photos of you/ your child not to be taken, please contact us directly and we will ensure this request is upheld.
Keeping your personal data
Personal data will be kept in accordance with the company’s retention schedule (5 years post cancellation) unless you explicitly request it to be removed. This right to have your data removed is not an absolute right, for example, we will need to retain your data if this information forms part of a statutory or legal obligation, public registry or an existing contract. Data will be kept electronically and password protected and if necessary on paper in a locked office.
The Data Controller and contact details
Dance Doctors Studios is the Data Controller for the personal data you provide. The contact details for you to exercise any of your data protection rights or to raise any concerns you may have regarding your personal data are:
Karen Oates, Principle
Dance Doctors Studios,
2 Leopold Street,
Tel: 0115 946 4822
• Only provide personal information necessary for administering your journey with Dance Doctors Studios
• Tell us as soon as possible if any of the personal information you have provided has changed; e.g. your address or other contact details.
There are a number of rights that you may exercise depending on the legal basis for processing your personal data. In most cases, these rights are not absolute and there may be compelling or overriding legal reasons why the Studio cannot meet these rights in full. This will be explained to you in more detail should you contact the us for any of the reasons detailed below:
• request a copy of the personal information the Company holds about you;
• have any inaccuracies corrected;
• have your personal data erased;
• place a restriction on the Studio’s processing of your data;
• object to processing
• Request your data to be ported (data portability).
Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent; in most circumstances you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time and Dance Doctors Studio will act on your instructions.
If you have any concerns about how we process your personal data or wish to discuss how to exercise your rights; you should contact the Information us using the contact details above.