Helen Clark School of Dancing - Fee Policy
Jan 19, 2021 06:42 PM
1. 2020 FEE STRUCTURE
All fees are billed per term. All fees (as set out below) include GST.
• Tiny Twinkles: $80
• Jazzy Juniors: $180
• 1 Class: $140
• 2 Classes: $250
• 3 Classes: $350
• 4 / more Classes: $440
• Family Discounts: 2nd children in the family receive a 55% discount, 3 or more children in the family are free.
• $16.50 per class / $165 per 10 week term.
• No family discounts, or other discounts, apply.
2. ANNUAL FEES
There will also be the following Annual Fees, that are payable per child (all fees include GST):
• Registration Fee of $11 (payable in Term 1 or upon enrolling): This fee is charged each year to cover AMCOS Music Licences Taxes and general administration costs.
• Insurance Fee of $16.50 (payable Term 3): This fee is charged each year to cover the cost of insurance.
• Concert / Breakup Fee of $40 (payable Term 4): This fee is designed to contribute towards the costs of - hall hire for 2 concert practices, the concert, end of year trophies, the breakup and additional administrative costs involved in organising exams, subsequent year events etc.
3. OTHER EXPENSES
• Group /Performance Classes: If you enrol in Group /Performance Classes there will be additional costume expenses and eisteddfod entry fees.
• Annual Dance Examinations: If you choose to sit Annual Dance Examinations, there will be exam entry fees and associated expenses.
4. THINGS TO NOTE
• The fees for all terms are fixed per term and will be the same irrespective of the number of weeks in a term.
• The fees include - Tuition fees during the school term, additional group practices in term 1, additional group practices in the April School Holidays and additional practices in the September School Holidays for students sitting Jazz & Ballet exams.
5. WHO IS CONSIDERED TO BE THE 1ST, 2ND, 3RD OR 4TH CHILD IN THE DISCOUNT POLICY?
• The 1st child is the child with the dearest dance fees;
• The 2nd child is the child with the second dearest dance fees; and
• The 3rd and 4th children are children with the cheapest dance fees.
6. WHAT IS A ‘CLASS’?
• Each technique class (with the exception of Tiny Twinkles - see below) is considered to be 1 class;
• Group lessons for a ‘single age group’ are considered to be 1 class;
• Group lessons for ‘2 age groups’ are considered to be 2 classes;
• Once you enrol in 4 classes all subsequent classes are free;
• The exact same billing system applies to 2nd children in the family however all of their classes are applied at a 55% discount.
For example: If child 1 enrols in Jazz, Tap, Ballet, and Groups (1 age group) – that is 4 classes / $430 (inc GST) per Term. If child 2 enrols in Jazz, Ballet, 8 years Groups, 10 years groups – that is 4 classes / $430 full price but $193.50 with the 55% discount.
NOTE: Tiny Twinkles has its own fee structure where classes are $80 including GST per term. However, 2nd student discounts still apply to Tiny Twinkles. Therefore, if you have 2 children, the Tiny Twinkles student will have a 55% discount applied to their fees.
NOTE: Junior Class will be ‘2 classes’ per the fee structure. These classes will consist of an introduction into Jazz, Tap and Ballet dancing and provide the students with the opportunity to learn the ‘Smurf’ dance that they may perform at eisteddfods.
7. WHAT ARE THE FEES FOR CLASSES THAT ARE LONGER / SHORTER THAN 1 HOUR?
• The pricing system is based on classes being 1 hour.
• If you are enrolled in a technique class that is longer than 1 hour (for example, Ballet A or Ballet B) it is considered to be 2 classes for the pricing structure.
• Apportioned rates may be available if your technique class is less than 1 hour. However, if you are enrolled in a group class (that is longer than 1 hour) and the length of that class makes up the ‘time deficit’ in your 30 minute or 45 minute technique class, no discount will be available.
For example: If your technique class is 30 minutes in length but your group lesson is 1.5 hours in length, your group lesson is sufficient to cover the 30 minute ‘time deficit’ in your technique class. In this instance, you should be paying for ‘2 classes’ in the price structure and no price apportionment will be applied.
• If you are enrolled in 4 or more classes that are 1 hour or longer and you have other classes that are less than 1 hour, the classes of 1 hour or longer will be counted towards your 4 billed classes.
8. CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY:
ACROBATIC CLASSES: If Helen Clark School of Dancing cancels one or more of your acrobatic lessons, you will be entitled to a refund per lesson cancelled (unless you attend a makeup lesson, where offered).
DANCE CLASSES: If Helen Clark School of Dancing cancels one or more of your dance lessons, you will be entitled to a refund per lesson cancelled, provided you meet the following criteria:
• 1. Because of the cancellation, your total number of lessons per week is 3 or less; and
• 2. You did not attend a makeup lesson (if a makeup lesson was offered).
NOTE: Amending the type of class (i.e. changing a class from a technique class into a group class) will not amount to a ‘cancellation’ unless your child no longer receives a benefit from that class and has been told not to attend that day.
ACROBATIC AND DANCE CLASSES:
• If you miss a lesson due to illness, school camps or other commitments, no refund will be available.
• If you miss a series of lessons due to hospitalisation / serious illness (such as a broken leg etc), refunds may be awarded at the discretion of the dancing school.
• Public holidays have been factored into the existing fee structure. Accordingly, no refunds will be awarded for public holidays.
9. HOW MUCH MONEY IS REFUNDED PER CANCELLATION?
Refunds for single student families or the 1st child in a dance family, will be paid at a rate of (inclusive of GST):
• $8 per class for Tiny Twinkles;
• $12 per class for dance classes (unless you have been awarded an apportioned rate for a shorter class in which case the discount will be your apportioned rate);
• $16.50 per acrobatic class.
Refunds for 2nd children in the family will be paid at a rate of (inclusive of GST):
• $4 per class for Tiny Twinkles;
• $6 per class for dance classes (unless you have been awarded an apportioned rate for a shorter class in which case the discount will be your apportioned rate);
• $16.50 per acrobatic class.
• There are no dance refunds for 3rd plus children in the family as they do not pay dance fees.
• Acrobatic classes for 3rd plus children in the family will be $16.50 per acrobatic class.
10. TERM DATES
• Term 1 - 25/1/21-1/4/21
• Term 2 – 19/4/21-25/6/21
• Term 3 – 12/7/21-17/9/21
• Term 4 – 5/10/21-26/11/21
NOTES FOR TERM 4: Tap class may run an extra week depending on the date of the tap exam. There may also be additional group practices past these dates.