Policies, Procedure & Publicity
Dec 02, 2023 06:34 PM
Policies, Procedures and Publicity Agreement
Code of Conduct
- Information concerning Sara Jane Studios policies, procedures and workings, including all business and artistic is property is to be kept within the Sara Jane Studios community and not shared with external parties. Artistic property includes but is not limited to class names structure, class structure, choreography, professional knowledge passed from teachers to students and events.
- Students are required to respect all members and staff of Sara Jane Studios
- Bullying of any form will not be tolerated and may cause student to be removed from classes
- Students are to be kind and encouraging of all members of the Sara Jane Dance Studios family
- Students will respect and care for the facilities and contents of Sara Jane Studios
- Students are encouraged to revise and practice at home where necessary for concerts/performances
- Students will comply with dance uniform expectations for safety and dance etiquette purposes
- Students acknowledge that dance instruction requires a level of physical touch, and teachers are trained and experienced in how to do so in a way they assists with students dance and fitness training
- Students have the right to ask not to be touched, but acknowledge in some instances they may be limited by this. For example spotting in acrobatics.
- Teachers are to promote positive body image through their language and behaviour around students
- Teachers are to respect the privacy of all students and families. Any information of a personal or health nature will remain between owner Sara Jane Collingridge and the relevant teachers
- Teachers are prepared and punctual for all of their classes
- Teachers will ensure that each student is given the opportunity to learn and train in a safe, secure and nurturing environment.
- Teachers will use constructive feedback with positive and respectful language
- Teachers will instruct all students regardless of talent or physical ability
- Teachers are to encourage all students to extend themselves and will continually support each student within their own dance, acrobatics and fitness journey
- A $25.00 registration fee per student will be charged annually to cover all administration
- Term fees are to be paid upfront before week 3 of term
- Payment plans are available via discussion with Miss Sara prior to commencement of the term
- Payment plan fees must be finalised by the end of the term
- Active and Creative Kids vouchers can be used to pay part of the term fees. Parents are responsible to apply and attain these online, and provide voucher number with DOB to Sara for processing
- No refunds are given for missed lessons, a make up class can be provided if there is a class available in the same or similar style
- If discontinuing mid-term or not returning for the next term a courtesy email is expected
- Term fees are non-refundable after four weeks/lessons of any given class/term period, please contact Sara with extenuating circumstances
- Photos and videos may be taken in class of students for social media and publicity purposes
- If you do not wish for yourself or your child to be in photo/videos for any type of social media or promotional purposes you are required to advise Sara via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All students/parents including students who are not approved for social media, may still be filmed in class by the teacher purely for the purposes of rehearsals and recording class content, and this will only be viewed by the teacher and fellow class members
- No food or chewing gum is permitted during a class for safety purposes
- Lost Property will be kept for the term and emailed to classes for notification for collection
- Accidents and Injuries sustained during class or within the facilities of Sara Jane Studios are to be reported and will be kept on file
- While a teachers are of high standard and trained in Safe Dance Practice, dancing is a high impact activity from which injuries may arise
- Sara Jane Studios are NOT LIABLE for personal injuries/loss or damage of property
Sara Jane Studios Child Protection Policy
Sara Jane Studios has established the following 'Child Safety Policy' which outlines our approach to the protection of child from any form abuse. It will be communicated throughout the website to the public as well as to our students and their families/guardians/staff and volunteers.
Sara Jane Studios acknowledge and follows the guidelines set out in 'NSW Child Safe Standard':
1. Child safety is embedded in organisational leadership, governance and culture
2. Children participate in decisions affecting them and are taken seriously
3. Families and communities are informed and involved
4. Equity is upheld and diverse need taken into account
5. People working with children are suitable and supported
6. Processes to respond to complaints of child abuse are child focused
7. Staff are equipped with the knowledge, skills and awareness to keep children safe through continual education and training
8. Physical and online environments minimise the opportunity for abuse to occur
9. Implementation of the Child Safe Standards is continuously reviewed and approved
10. Policies and procedures document how the organisation is child safe
Sara Jane Studios in studio Child Protection Policy
- Sara Jane Studios acknowledges child abuse includes sexual offences, grooming, physical, emotion or psychological, neglect and family violence.
- All teachers on staff have a current working with children check and have signed contracts in agreement with Sara Jane Studios child safety procedures
- All volunteers for events in and involving Sara Jane Studios will require a WWCC
- Dance and fitness instruction requires so level of physical touch. Teachers at Sara Jane Studios are appropriately trained and experienced in the appropriate way to assist children with their dance training.
- Students have the right to ask not to be touched
- All individuals and families are requested to acknowledge they have read Sara Jane Studios code of conduct and policies when enrolling into Sara Jane Studios.
- Student of Sara Jane Studios have the right to feel safe. The welfare and best interests of the child are the priority
- The views of the child and a their privacy must be respected
- Clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children are established
- Child safety awareness is promoted and discussed within Sara Jane Studios
SJS will ensure its 'Child Safety Policy' is implemented and will review and update it as required. All members of SJS have a shared responsibility for contributing to the safety and protection of children.
- Sara Jane Studios staff have a legal obligation regarding reporting child abuse. Staff members are required to recognise key risk indicators of child abuse, be vigilant and report any concerns.
- Any concerns are to be reported to Sara and will be treated as serious and confidential for all involved
- Whenever there are concerns that a child is in immediate danger the Police should be contacted by dialing 000.
- Sara Jane Studios is committed to the continuous improvement of all policies. This policy will be regularly reviewed for updates.