MKS POLICIES | PROCEDURES | AGREEMENTS
Oct 03, 2023 10:50 PM
Please call the front desk if a student will be absent.
Arriving on time promotes student success! Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your class to allow time to change clothing and shoes, use the restroom, etc.
Running late? Please call the front desk if you are running late for any reason (emergencies, traffic, etc.), to let us know that the student is on their way.
Make-up Classes are available for most classes within the same school year/session. See the Front Desk to schedule make-up classes.
During Dance Concert season, there is no guarantee that another class will be working on the same routine.
Extreme Weather or Unexpected Interruption of Classes - If classes are canceled due to extreme weather or events beyond our control, such as snow, power outages, tornado warnings, etc., arrangements for make-up classes will be made when possible.
Tuition will not be discounted or refunded due to absences.
No cell phones or electronic devices allowed during class time. Please silence any phones in the dressing room during class time. There is a phone available in the lobby for student use if needed.
Students who need to eat may do so in the lobby area. No food and only drinks with lids allowed in the dressing room or studios. Students are encouraged to bring their own spill-proof water bottles. Some of our students have peanut allergies. Many foods contain peanuts or the oil from peanuts. Contact with even traces of these can cause very serious allergic reactions. Please help keep our students safe and our facility clean.
Substitutions - The school reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes.
Parent Questions - If there are any questions about an individual student please set up a meeting as needed through the Front Desk.
Responsibility to be Aware of Dates and Events - It is the responsibility of the caregiver or adult student to be aware of all studio activities, such as watch week, Dance Concert, extra classes, and dates the school is open or closed. The studio will post notices on the bulletin board as well as the website under IMPORTANT DATES. It is the caregiver's responsibility to regularly check these to ensure they are informed.
Watch Week - School Year Watch Weeks happen in September, November, January, and March. Summer Watch Week is the last week of Summer Session classes. See the schedule on our website for specific dates for each studio room. We invite 1-3 family members/friends to come each Watch Week, so we have enough seating for each of our student’s caregivers and families.
Dance Concert Information - Important Dates and Information for the Dance Concert will be available by the middle of the school year. There are other optional costs - picture packages, flowers, program spotlights, dance concert t-shirts, etc. as well.
The studio is hereby granted permission to take photographs or videos of the students to use in brochures, websites, posters, advertisements and other promotional materials the school creates.
Permission is also hereby granted for the studio to copyright such photographs in its name.
Families have the option to opt out of this on the “Public
Photos Opt-out Tab” on the MKS Waivers page.
Your privacy is important to us.
We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
Care of Students - The studio is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. We understand emergencies and other situations arise, and in these cases, please contact the Front Desk in advance as is possible.
Injuries - Caregivers, legal guardians of minor students, and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on studio property resulting from normal dance activity or any other activity conducted by the students before, during, or after class time.
I authorize MKS staff to seek emergency medical help if this becomes necessary. I realize that every effort will be made by MKS staff to contact me in the event of a medical emergency involving my child, and I agree to indemnify and hold harmless MKS personnel in seeking medical care for my child.
PAYMENT OPTIONS & POLICIES
Summer: One-time payment
School Year: Monthly EFT/Auto-Pay or Annual
• Summer Rate per student includes 5 Weeks with No Registration Fee
• See the current Summer Schedule for rate amounts. Cash*, Check, or Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) accepted for this one-time payment.
SCHOOL YEAR MONTHLY EFT/AUTO-PAY
• You can use a Bank Account or Credit Card of your choice (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover)
• You will receive an enrollment confirmation email including your family's tuition amounts for the following:
- The registration fee and first month tuition payment is due at the time of registration. - Monthly Tuition: Payments are automatically made on the 5th of each month, September 5 - May 5 (No payment in June)
- The Dance Concert Costume payment is made on November 16, or if registering after this date, at the time of registration.
- The Dance Concert Fee payment is made on February 16, or if registering after this date, at the time of registration. Includes free admission to the shows & a digital download link - no tickets are sold.
• You may change from monthly to annual payment during the year anytime before March. Please note that the 5% discount will be applied to your remaining balance only. Any outstanding Dance Concert payments will be included in this payment.
• Tuition may change if the student’s class schedule changes, and I will be notified of these changes.
• My King Studio will withdraw funds directly from my bank account/credit card as indicated during my enrollment and
that for accounting purposes, all electronic debits will be reflected in the monthly bank statement/credit card statement that corresponds with my financial institution account.
• Any special payment arrangements (paid on a date other than the dates stated above) will incur a $10 processing fee.
• If any such electronic debit(s) should be returned by my financial institution as Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) or if my Credit Card is declined, I authorize My King Studio to collect a returned item/decline fee of $25.00 per item by electronic debit from my account or credit card identified above.
• If I incur 3 or more declined credit card payments and/or returned bank account payments, MKS reserves the right to require the balance of the Annual Payment in full by credit card or cash in order for my child to continue classes.
• There are no refunds for tuition, DC Costumes, or DC Fees once a payment has been made.
• Forms of payment can be changed through the parent portal.
• If I need to change this agreement, I can do so by calling 636-978-3321.
• A family can change from monthly EFT to annual any time by March of the current school year, and families will receive a discount off the school year tuition balance.
• These payments will continue until I notify My King Studio to discontinue them. I will complete an electronic Withdrawal Form sent to me by the Front Desk at least 15 days prior to the start of the next month in order to stop the EFT Process. (i.e. If withdrawing from classes in November - Written notice is given by October 15, and all automatic bank debiting or credit card charges will be stopped before the November tuition date).
SCHOOL YEAR ANNUAL
Payment in full of the following is due in order to secure enrollment Cash*, Check, or Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) accepted for this one-time payment.
- The registration fee
- Tuition for the school year with a 5% discount
- Dance Concert Costume
- Dance Concert Fee (the show is then free for family and friends - we do not sell tickets to our shows)
*Please note: We do not keep cash on hand and are not able to make change for a cash payment.
By accepting these policies, I agree to the form of payment indicated during the time of registration or thereafter.
A 15-day notice prior to the next month of classes is required to discontinue any class.
Withdrawals must be done with the Front Desk and not with a teacher.
After informing the Front Desk in-person, over the phone, or via email, you must complete a digital withdrawal form provided by the Front Desk.
My King Studio reserves the right to terminate lessons to any students without notice. In such a case a refund for unused lessons will be given.