Student Waiver & Release of Liability
Dec 04, 2023 07:22 PM
Student Waiver & Release of Liability
I hereby acknowledge and agree as follows:
By participating in any activities, classes, or events hosted by iDANZ Performing Arts Studio, all attendees acknowledge and accept the inherent risks associated with dance and physical movement. While we take extensive precautions to ensure a safe environment, accidents and injuries can still occur. Therefore, all participants, including students, parents, guardians, and visitors, (by participation) are in agreement to release, indemnify, and hold harmless iDANZ Performing Arts Studio, its instructors, staff, and affiliates from any liability for any injuries, damages, or losses sustained during their involvement with our studio.
Participants further acknowledge that they are solely responsible for their own physical well-being and should refrain from engaging in any activities that are beyond their physical limitations or medical condition. It is recommended that participants consult with a medical professional before engaging in any physical activities.
By entering and participating in any iDANZ Performing Arts Studio activities, classes, or events, participants consent to this Injury Liability Clause and understand that it is a legally binding agreement.
1. I hereby consent to the recording, use and reuse of my child's name, likeness, voice, personality and image (collectively “Likeness”) by IDANZ Performing Arts Studio or any of their assigns, successors, parent, affiliated and subsidiary companies and their licensees and advertisers (collectively IDANZ Performing Arts Studio), in and in connection with the studio and any production, broadcast, distribution, exhibition, advertising, marketing and/or promotion of the studio, including without limitation, cards, posters, calendars, photographs, video, film, online, or any other form, now known or hereinafter devised.
2. I hereby grant IDANZ Performing Arts Studio the irrevocable and perpetual right to make video and/or sound recordings of my child and his/her appearance at the studio, any/all statements, actions made by my child, whether written, spoken, or otherwise expressed by him/her, or information given by my child whether in an interview or otherwise (collectively “Performance”), and to use these photographs, films, tapes and video and sound recordings (collectively “Recordings”), as well as his/her Likeness, in the production, distribution, exhibition, publishing, advertising, promotion, marketing, and publicity for the studio throughout the universe, in any and all media, manners and formats, now known or hereafter devised. The studio or any part thereof (including without limitation my Likeness and/or Performance) can be edited, cut, added to, adapted, dubbed, modified and/or rearranged at IDANZ Performing Arts Studio's sole and absolute discretion. I hereby waive unconditionally and irrevocably the benefit of any provision of law known as “moral rights” or similar laws now or hereafter prevailing in any part of the world.
3. The Recordings and all contents thereof shall be owned entirely by IDANZ Performing Arts Studio, and my child's contribution to the Recordings is specially ordered by VIDANZ Performing Arts Studio as a contribution to an audiovisual work as a work made for hire for IDANZ Performing Arts Studio. Furthermore, IDANZ Performing Arts Studio is not obligated to use my child's Likeness or Performance in any way whatsoever.
4. I understand and acknowledge that I shall not receive any monetary compensation for my child's participation in, or otherwise in connection with, the Tryout, or for the exercise of any other rights granted by me herein.
5. I and my representatives, heirs, successors and assigns hereby absolutely, unconditionally and forever release and discharge IDANZ Performing Arts Studio, all other persons and entities connected with the studio, and each of their respective present, future and former officers, teachers, directors, agents, representatives, attorneys, employees, successors, assignees, and licensees, (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, actions, causes of action, proceedings, suits, awards, judgments, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses of any kind (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of, resulting from, or by reason of, the use of my Likeness and Performance and my participation in or in connection with the studio (including without limitation personal injury, emotional distress, invasion of rights of privacy and/or publicity, and/or defamation).
6. I represent and warrant that I am over the age of majority (18 years of age or older) and fully understand the terms of this letter and I intend, by signing my name below, to be bound by the terms of this letter. I further acknowledge that I have the full authority to grant these rights and that this agreement shall bind and benefit me and my child. By participating in classes at the studio, or any activities related thereto, I expressly represent that my child has adequate medical and liability insurance and agree that IDANZ Performing Arts Studio may rely on such representation. This release constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between me and IDANZ Performing Arts Studio concerning the subject matter hereof, and supersedes and replaces all prior negotiations, proposed agreements and agreements, written and oral, relating thereto. I understand that this release cannot be changed or terminated except by a written instrument signed by IDANZ Performing Arts Studio and me. This release and the rights hereunder may be freely assigned by IDANZ Performing Arts Studio. This release shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to its conflicts of law rules.